Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Potentially good news, maybe, probably not..

Thumbs up Potentially good news, maybe, probably not..

Maybe funcom will invest some of that capital here

http://pr.funcom.com/pressreleases/c...stment-2336799

I don't see them sinking anymore money into this game. Their core focus is future games that are minimal risk.

They know what the numbers are, and so do we, and people with a clue know that ship has sunk.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

I sincerely hope whoever invested did so as a donation and isn't planning to make any money back.

Whatever money isn't going to AoC, it'll go to Conan Exiles, TSW and whatever the 3rd Conan game is.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Yeah surely this investment is gonna go to all conan games except aoc they already have enough resourses to update aoc more regularely, they just chose not to.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Eh... they will probably just waste all the money on some kind of Lego MMO again that fails after half a year and needs to be shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Yeah surely this investment is gonna go to all conan games except aoc they already have enough resourses to update aoc more regularely, they just chose not to.
    Dude.. you just got new rf ring, u cant be asking for all the content lolmao
    The Law

TL;DR for those interested:

Funcom and Cabinet Group LLC both own 50% of a new company they created together which holds the interactive rights (video games) to the IP of Conan the Barbarian, Solomon Kane and some others. (the overall rights are property of Cabinet Group LLC)

Not sure what the deal was on using the Conan IP before but it means now other companies can pay to use the IP in games. Funcoms plan is to work together with those companies on building their games together.

The 10.6 mil dollar investment Funcom secured is for 2 goals
    - For co-development and publishing partnerships with third party developers that want to use the IP (first partner-project to be revealed next year).
    - To invest in 'NEW' titles internally (so nothing mentioned of developing/supporting older games).

Personally I think especially the Conan IP can be very attractive to other developers so if they can find interested companies to license it to I don't see why they would not be able to make their money back. Considering the investor is a investment manager that invested in other game developers and publishers before it's safe to say they expect to make their money back.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 18th December 2017 at 15:32.

If people think this money will be investing in AoC for any meaningful content, they are being naïve and delusional.

The only "content" I'd expect to ever be added is gems for the 2nd RF ring, and Funcom adding a necklace to RF so that the hamsters stay on the treadmill and keep doing it.

Considering what a mess of code/bugs this game is running on an outdated engine, maybe theres the slight chance the new game will be AOC2 running on unreal engine...

That would probably mean regrinding of toons again kinda like the TSW -- TSL releveling.

One could hope I guess .... new game ...new content
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Not sure what the deal was on using the Conan IP before
    Multiplayer games in Conan's universe, hence Conan Exiles as a multiplayer survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    (first partner-project to be revealed next year).
    There's our next Conan game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast