Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game dead already?

Wouldn't take much. Ban the ******** trolls/cheats from minis, buff a hard mode (no extra mechanics needed) of all the dungeons and the old raids to be relevant for the new OP gear with some relevant loot and I might be interested to play this crap...
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    Wouldn't take much. Ban the ******** trolls/cheats from minis, buff a hard mode (no extra mechanics needed) of all the dungeons and the old raids to be relevant for the new OP gear with some relevant loot and I might be interested to play this crap...
    How dare you suggest making harder content for these people that can't even handle raid finder with x5 noob buff.

I think its quite hilarious that people can cheat for years, but ohh dear lord you use the word "****" and get banned because special snowflakes might get offended.
    Mature game indeed with bunch of pussy's playing it
    The Law

“Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”
    ― Robert E. Howard

Wouldn't call people names if you couldn't rez
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Althaia View Post
    I can't agree with this at all. I enjoy Final Fantasy XIV and was playing it a few months ago, now I'm subbed to Age of Conan again... how can a 10-year-old game compete with a subscription-based MMO with active development and a thriving player-base? I consider AoC to be a lot better. The lore is far superior, the world is actually immersive and there's at least a modicum of class costumization. If you rate games by the polygon count on the models and texture resolution, then your standards are lacking or you've got a skewed set of priorities. Age of Conan is underrated and has become some kind of cult niche title now, but for those who grow to appreciate it, I don't think there's anything better. I've tried ESO aswell, another acclaimed MMO... it can't even hold a candle to this game, it's another generic abomination... that game felt so lackluster, dull and uninspired, there's not a single redeeming factor to it aside from the voice-acting. I hope Funcom can pull it together and see the potential in this game, it can honestly compete with anything out there and if they just gave the UI a make-over it'd look sharp and crisp enough to look up-to-date.

OT: If you don't account for developer activity, then the game is not "dead", I play on Crom and it has a lot of players around. I started playing this year and had no trouble getting the Purist achievement, meaning people are still running even the old leveling dugeons. There is so much to do at 80 that the lack of updates shouldn't even be a concern, across all the adventure packs and the ROTGS expansion, it's not like the game lacks in any kind of content. The forums are sadly just a cesspit of negativity from disillusioned AoC veterans, and I hope that doesn't tarnish the game's image for newcomers.

If you for a second think AOC is alive i don't know what to tell u, besides the fact that population is in rapid decrease.
    "it's not like the game lacks in any kind of content" Oh really? 10 year old game with just several mini game maps (that was most played content in the game) which several of them were insanely badly designed.
    There is no reason to do any low level stuff as you are just holding your character back by doing useless dungeons at low level which are pretty boring tbh and have nothing to give or show for.

Not to mention there has not been any proper content after t4 came out, besides revamped t1 raid with horrible gears and stats, (and one specific rune that breaks pvp) And ofc t6.
    Raid finder and SC dungeon add really nothing to game, besides killing every other content there is. No reason to do any raids besides RF-t5-t6
    And SC makes sure you have no reason to touch any other dungeon in the game.

Lets not forget that as vets are leaving, there will be left bunch of players that are not capable of doing tier 1 raid in their full t4 gears from RF (or credit card warriors who go for t5)
    Once a great game, now just a pile of crap with **** loads of pay to win stuff to get last money out of the game.

Lets not forget that you can do certain stuff for years and years where other games give you permanent ban from doing so
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    If you for a second think AOC is alive i don't know what to tell u, besides the fact that population is in rapid decrease.
    "it's not like the game lacks in any kind of content" Oh really? 10 year old game with just several mini game maps (that was most played content in the game) which several of them were insanely badly designed.
    There is no reason to do any low level stuff as you are just holding your character back by doing useless dungeons at low level which are pretty boring tbh and have nothing to give or show for.

Not to mention there has not been any proper content after t4 came out, besides revamped t1 raid with horrible gears and stats, (and one specific rune that breaks pvp) And ofc t6.
    Raid finder and SC dungeon add really nothing to game, besides killing every other content there is. No reason to do any raids besides RF-t5-t6
    And SC makes sure you have no reason to touch any other dungeon in the game.

Lets not forget that as vets are leaving, there will be left bunch of players that are not capable of doing tier 1 raid in their full t4 gears from RF (or credit card warriors who go for t5)
    Once a great game, now just a pile of crap with **** loads of pay to win stuff to get last money out of the game.

Lets not forget that you can do certain stuff for years and years where other games give you permanent ban from doing so
    Rapid decline? It's been the case to have multiple raids going at the same time. On one of the nights this week you had T1, T3, T3.5 and T4 going at the same time... keep an eye on global chat, there is no shortage of activity. You have minis in both EU and US times, so where is the decline? What more activity do you want? Whatever content you want to do, people will be interested in running it. That's active in my book... it's a shame we don't have multiple populated servers, but Crom doesn't feel slow or barren...

I agree with you that the content is outdated for veteran players. If you are personally not interested in running what's already in the game and crave updates or new content, then yes, there isn't much new to see. However, I don't think that the old dungeons are "useless"... I don't need any incentive to run dungeons, I don't need to be given a cookie at the end of a dungeon-run to feel it was worth it. If I want to run Iron Tower, Xibaluku or Caravan Raiders, then I will... are tokens at the end of a run supposed to be what makes PvE content fun? Gameplay doesn't factor in? And if you want reward, then don't forget that you're constantly progressing in the game, thanks to the AA system...

Lastly, look at current popular MMOs, take FF14 for instance... how many dungeons/raids do you think exist at end-game? The bulk of end-game content, the stuff that is "worth running", how much of it do you think there is? You have like three, you're on an endless loop of repeating the same stuff, and that's considered a "healthy" game. Every expansion that comes out, makes previous PvE content "irrelevant"... you'll find this issue anywhere you go. And even with updates, it's the same principles, same mechanics, with a fresh reskin. Maybe that's what you need to see from AoC, but that doesn't mean the game is not active.

Quote Originally Posted by Althaia View Post
    Rapid decline? It's been the case to have multiple raids going at the same time. On one of the nights this week you had T1, T3, T3.5 and T4 going at the same time... keep an eye on global chat, there is no shortage of activity. You have minis in both EU and US times, so where is the decline? What more activity do you want? Whatever content you want to do, people will be interested in running it. That's active in my book... it's a shame we don't have multiple populated servers, but Crom doesn't feel slow or barren...

I agree with you that the content is outdated for veteran players. If you are personally not interested in running what's already in the game and crave updates or new content, then yes, there isn't much new to see. However, I don't think that the old dungeons are "useless"... I don't need any incentive to run dungeons, I don't need to be given a cookie at the end of a dungeon-run to feel it was worth it. If I want to run Iron Tower, Xibaluku or Caravan Raiders, then I will... are tokens at the end of a run supposed to be what makes PvE content fun? Gameplay doesn't factor in? And if you want reward, then don't forget that you're constantly progressing in the game, thanks to the AA system...

Lastly, look at current popular MMOs, take FF14 for instance... how many dungeons/raids do you think exist at end-game? The bulk of end-game content, the stuff that is "worth running", how much of it do you think there is? You have like three, you're on an endless loop of repeating the same stuff, and that's considered a "healthy" game. Every expansion that comes out, makes previous PvE content "irrelevant"... you'll find this issue anywhere you go. And even with updates, it's the same principles, same mechanics, with a fresh reskin. Maybe that's what you need to see from AoC, but that doesn't mean the game is not active.
    The fact that I see same 20 people doing mini games is not "alive" in by books, sure there are minis, But the fact that I know if the mini is lost or won before the mini game even starts says a lot. Not to mention community has such a large amount of trolls, cheaters and other scum that its just unbelievable how poorly Funcom handles issues.

"then don't forget that you're constantly progressing in the game, thanks to the AA system..."
    This kind of system ^ is what literally killed any low level player base there was on pvp servers. Rush to level 80 and find an exploit to get maxed AA asap or get ****ed. Thx to adding completely overpowered and brain dead abilities to classes that they did not need. I think everyone understands the idea behind it, but the end result was nothing but disastrous.

I assume u are somewhat of a new player and that is fine, but the game is just a shadow from what it was.
    The Law

The game is not dead but only alive the week end.
    For the pvp all the players are gone but the trolls are always here.
    For the pve they have destroyed in few months all the work accomplished for rise of the godslayer.

Really sad to see Aoc in this state.
    Aess ~ Pom R10 / Rheizhyn ~ Hox R10 / Fraize ~ Barb R7 / Vilcyness ~ DT R3

Quote Originally Posted by Grominou View Post
    The game is not dead but only alive the week end.
    For the pvp all the players are gone but the trolls are always here.
    For the pve they have destroyed in few months all the work accomplished for rise of the godslayer.

Really sad to see Aoc in this state.
    I am playing Path of Exile monday to friday now and Aoc only weekends because of this. I am talking about mini games now, because this was always the part most interesting for me in this game. It's totally deserted, what a big surprise if you as a paying customer need accept that customer support is doing nothing for this game anymore. You have only one mini game up and there is always the same troll inside u have pertitioned for so many times destroying even this one mini game. I am even not talking about the cheaters anymore, seems it is impossible to ban them. If u miss to join a minigame... wait for 20 minutes.
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

Конан жив, Конан будет жить!!!!!!!!

I tried a lot of different MMOs, I like pvp more, but AOC is the only one in which I go on pvе not only to get new armor and weapons but also for fun
    Last edited by Anzu; 24th December 2017 at 19:37.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12