Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why I'm letting my sub lapse...

Quote Originally Posted by puckstop98 View Post
    The announcement of Conan Exiles told me where their resources for the Conan license were going to be spent. I haven't tried that game, and based on the reviews I've read, I don't want to. Funcom abandoned Age of Conan to work on Exiles.
    Not that it will change how you feel, but the money for Conan Exiles came from an outside group of investors for the express purpose of creating a new game (CE). So while I'm sure they made use of the same Dev's etc.... F/C didn't divert any AoC money for CE.

We can only hope that as F/C has done in the past; some of the money that CE is making (they've already recouped the initial investment) will make it's way to AoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebless View Post
    Not that it will change how you feel, but the money for Conan Exiles came from an outside group of investors for the express purpose of creating a new game (CE). So while I'm sure they made use of the same Dev's etc.... F/C didn't divert any AoC money for CE.

We can only hope that as F/C has done in the past; some of the money that CE is making (they've already recouped the initial investment) will make it's way to AoC.
    Did Age of Conan ever make back to initial investment and operating expenses or is the game a loss for Funcom even after almost ten years? Does anyone have a source on this, such as Funcom's financials?
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

Quote Originally Posted by Radicaltop View Post
    Did Age of Conan ever make back to initial investment and operating expenses or is the game a loss for Funcom even after almost ten years? Does anyone have a source on this, such as Funcom's financials?
    Impossible to tell since FC never reported results for individual games. And of course there are significant common costs, in particular between AoC and TSW since they use the same platform. I used to track the revenues and OPEX reported in FC's quarterly reports (see link below). It is probably reasonable to assume that AoC broke even at some point (rather late) and was modestly profitable for FC in the long term. But that's just a best guess.

https://forums.ageofconan.com/showth...ecrease/page10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12