Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2hb shillelagh

Default 2hb shillelagh

Which class would be the most beneficial with this blunt? I am mostly a pvp player but recently i really enjoyed pve, mostly raids. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Vatoi View Post
    Which class would be the most beneficial with this blunt? I am mostly a pvp player but recently i really enjoyed pve, mostly raids. What do you think?
    Not an easy answer for that. And it depends if the goodie-whitehits scale with weapondmg or if they come as a fixed number. If we assume it does scale, then its best for Beserker/T5-hybridspecc barb cos of the redicioulus buffs. But if it doesnt, then it should be equally good for all three classes, and you should just bind it on the char you like the most I guess.

Bearshamans want a healingblunt for harder content, but you can always have a DPS blunt in dps slot #1 and keep the healing in #2, and weapon-swap to the healing one for bears/celestial gazes, then back.

On Conq the Blunt is rly awesome aggrowise, especially when you (as you should) use several ranks of feint attack as bread and butter combo´s. What sucks is the lack of STR, that makes your mitigation suffer. In encounters where I want strong aggro but alot of survival, I use shilleagh in the start of the fight to get stronk initialaggro, then weaponswap from inventory to something more tanky But thats just pretentious crap that doesnt make that much of a diffrence in the end.

long story short; If you like playing your barb serker-style, then you will have most fun with it there.
    Last edited by magnum92; 1st November 2017 at 23:05.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Thank you Moriala!

I know that it's a tough decision. I am trying to find out all the benefits for each class.

When it comes to bs, this class has priority to roll on blunts, and many people told me that t3,5 is way better than t3 craft in many scenarios, I already have the health rating one.

I think I'll need to decide between conq and barb, I love them both equally so it'll be a really tough decision.

Tell me please, is it possible to tank with shillelagh on conq? Or should I forget about it?

Thank you Moriala!

I know that it's a tough decision. I am trying to find out all the benefits for each class.

When it comes to bs, this class has priority to roll on blunts, and many people told me that t3,5 is way better than t3 craft in many scenarios, I already have the health rating one.

I think I'll need to decide between conq and barb, I love them both equally so it'll be a really tough decision.

Tell me please, is it possible to tank with shillelagh on conq? Or should I forget about it?
    Yes its possible, but on fights where stuff hit you hard, you might miss that Str/protection. But stil, it works for 95% of the content ingame
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

No strength, no hit rating, the white hit factor isn't any huge deal for aggro, not to say it's bad, but it's about the 5th best, there's better tanking weapons in T3.5, T4, T5 and T6 than that 2hb. If you're PvE'ing, it's a waste compared to the mileage a barb gets out of it (there's only 1 weapon that can possibly compete with it).
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Ok so i won't craft if for conq. And when it comes to barbarian, this class deals most of the damage in raids using reaver build. I watched your videos playing barbarian, i see that you have 2hb craft but still play with 2 handers for some reason.

Ok so i won't craft if for conq. And when it comes to barbarian, this class deals most of the damage in raids using reaver build. I watched your videos playing barbarian, i see that you have 2hb craft but still play with 2 handers for some reason.
    Some are reaver, some are zerker, the T6 ones are hybrid, at least IIRC. Reaver isn't the highest, it's just the most consistent. Hybrid with weapon swapping (mine isn't the only rotation that works) is highest DPS post T5, before that it was whatever fit the encounter best, Zerker always had higher potential than reaver for straight single target, reaver just has consistency and wins in/out and AOE fights.
    Last edited by Evito; 2nd November 2017 at 15:59.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube

Playing with shillelagh on barb in raids would be a bad idea, so I think i am going to use it on BS instead. 2h Barb is one of the most boring classes imo and i've been in Many raids in which zerker barbs overall damage was quite low, meanwhile reaver barbs were always somewhere near the top.

Playing with shillelagh on barb in raids would be a bad idea, so I think i am going to use it on BS instead. 2h Barb is one of the most boring classes imo and i've been in Many raids in which zerker barbs overall damage was quite low, meanwhile reaver barbs were always somewhere near the top.
    Well do what you want with it ofc, but I don't know why would you ask about it's usefulness for a barb if you were just going to come that conclusion anyway.

Majority of zerker barbs can be outdps'd by reaver barbs wearing blue gear is true, but that's 100% to do with player quality, and nothing to do with the spec potential.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube

In which stance do you play Zerker/2hander Barb in PvE?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast