Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alt Farming

Default Alt Farming

What is the general take on Alt Farming? I see it almost daily in the Pit Arena. It is quite obvious because 1) Same person always wins fairly fast. 2) Only one combatant moves. 3) Both leave the arena on the rare occasion when "real" fights start happening.
    The People I see doing this are from all kinds of guilds including many I would think would not allow there members to inflate PvP numbers (Kill, levels, ect) by doing this. I know a lot of people are against Bori because it is PvE and not really PvP, so how is this different?

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    What is the general take on Alt Farming? I see it almost daily in the Pit Arena. It is quite obvious because 1) Same person always wins fairly fast. 2) Only one combatant moves. 3) Both leave the arena on the rare occasion when "real" fights start happening.
    The People I see doing this are from all kinds of guilds including many I would think would not allow there members to inflate PvP numbers (Kill, levels, ect) by doing this. I know a lot of people are against Bori because it is PvE and not really PvP, so how is this different?
    I don't know the general take on this, but I dislike it. I know however that many people do this alt farming (i even seen some friends do it, but it is hard to prevent, also I dont like playing police for the server . Sometimes i go into the pit to duel farmers, however they mostly just leave the area then, evenif i wait in hide...

As for bori, i love it when ppl farm it. It usually is a nice start for pvp just go in (alone, so they dont leave) and kill them

I will honestly never understand this horrible habit. I can understand that a person, to do his daily quest quickly, when he finds no challenger, makes an quick alt-farming so as not to lose 4 hours of his life waiting for a challenger (or have luck to break one alt-farming) but I will never understand what a person pushes to do the PvP arena and become maybe also RANK4 when PvP does not like it, it does not interest him and scares him. I have always been angry with a lot of people I found farming cheerfully their alt, then me come in, I sign and he and his alt disappear in a hurry then he return quickly as soon as I left the arena.
    Victory or Death

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    Let them farm their alts in Pit Arena for whatever they want to reach with that, but they dont bother other players with that. It's by far better than those joining mini games, all time afk or joining with two accounts/ alts to crush and exploit minigames. Minigame wise we nearly have the same state on crom like on fury now, thanks to such reckless behavior... and cheaters ofc. who don't need to fear any punishment anymore.
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

0 PROBLEMs with it as it affects nobody else, and so many people have done it for a very long time. This isn't even mentioning all the times back when mini first started all the way to tournoment mode change that people used to premade vs each other and give free wins for fast pvp lvls, or how many people farmed their alts or guildies on pad to boost kdr. Atm I'm in favour of a level playing field, that's it. If there's no way to get those pvp pit neck/runes by legit way, then do it by alt farm, it doesn't affect me.

what have they and what will they do about it? Just saw it happening yesterday again. GM doen't answer anything within an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    what have they and what will they do about it? Just saw it happening yesterday again. GM doesn't answer anything within an hour.
    even though I was toldit is an exploit, GM's in-game are allowing it. I've seen players go from pvp 1-10 in a few days. As long as the player has a subscription, they can practically do what ever they want.

A couple months after the arena was out and I was trying to finish up Rank 4 legitimately on my DT and there was a known cheat russian demo in there regularly farming his buddy. We played the logoff and instance switching game for several days and finally one day I got the GM in there while it was going on. I know he talked to him because the demo sent me rage tells saying he knew it was me who rat'd him out but nothing happened. The demo was posting his rune and neck in global the next day.

I stopped caring after that. Getting Rank 4 legitimately back then took a really long time, I can't even imagine how long it would take now. And then to do it on a class that is not a good dueler like a guard, ugh. Really bad content which is unfortunately required to get that rune and neck.

This sums up almost all of the discussion on this forums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtD_GUvu-wc
    "This games community is not a community at all, it's a cancer." Altaro | Goldenboy is my biggest fan. His shrine to me is flattering yet scary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast