Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Login problems (Weird)

Default Login problems (Weird)

Has anyone experienced this and if so did you fix it (and how)?

I can log into the game from my home computer no problem, as can my wife on hers. But we can't log in to our accounts from our home computers. For kicks I tried logging in to my account from my son's laptop also failed.

It gets tricky: I can log into my account from my work computer at my office and I can log into my wife's account as well (from my office).

My home internet is Comcast cable running thru my SB6141 (surfboard) modem and then thru my Netgear N900 router. My computer does NOT have a VPN set up and does NOT use a proxy server.

I tried logging in with my firewall disabled and my antivirus disabled, still a no go.

So I'm suspecting something is wonky in my Netgear setup. It's just weird because this is the only mmo that has this issue (just un-subbed from SWTOR and have played WoW and Aion and Warhammer.

Background: Wife and I played at launch. Then a month or so in we purchased and began playing on the EU server since our daughter played and was living in UK. So we kinda had two accounts linked to our respective emails (one US and one EU) with separate user names and passwords. We played and subbed until 2012 and quit. Our EU accounts had three expansions. So now that we're back and the merge (US and EU) happened we want to play on our EU accounts that have the xpacs.

Exclamation

Not the same but I too have login problem. Since yesterday can't login to the game. When I try to login I get that "Authenticating with the character server..." timeout.

But if I provide wrong password I do get the "Authentication failure", so it seems servers are ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Blusician1965 View Post
    Has anyone experienced this and if so did you fix it (and how)?

I can log into the game from my home computer no problem, as can my wife on hers. But we can't log in to our accounts from our home computers. For kicks I tried logging in to my account from my son's laptop also failed.

It gets tricky: I can log into my account from my work computer at my office and I can log into my wife's account as well (from my office).

My home internet is Comcast cable running thru my SB6141 (surfboard) modem and then thru my Netgear N900 router. My computer does NOT have a VPN set up and does NOT use a proxy server.

I tried logging in with my firewall disabled and my antivirus disabled, still a no go.

So I'm suspecting something is wonky in my Netgear setup. It's just weird because this is the only mmo that has this issue (just un-subbed from SWTOR and have played WoW and Aion and Warhammer.

Background: Wife and I played at launch. Then a month or so in we purchased and began playing on the EU server since our daughter played and was living in UK. So we kinda had two accounts linked to our respective emails (one US and one EU) with separate user names and passwords. We played and subbed until 2012 and quit. Our EU accounts had three expansions. So now that we're back and the merge (US and EU) happened we want to play on our EU accounts that have the xpacs.
    So in what way are you failing to log in to your account from home? Where does it fail, what does it say, etc?

Update: After providing these same details to Funcom customer service they got back to me after a couple days and had resolved the issue. My guess is that in my absence maybe we got hacked or something and Funcom blocked the IP address or something. Whatever the cause they fixed it and I can log in. I appreciate their tenacity. Of course it helps that what they did allowed me to give them money.

Thumbs down

" The servers are back online! "

cant login my account

Default This is the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Timaras View Post
    " The servers are back online! "

cant login my account
    same problems after restart...

Exclamation

AoC : CLOSED
    <[Gamabuntu - Guardian]>
    [Hetzerkreuz - Barbarian]

Like a furious cyclone, the guardian batters all enemies around them with lightning charged attack

Yeah, looks like their authentication server is down or having issues.

Default ?????

connection to the authorization server, what happened?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast