Thread: So I started a conq

Default So I started a conq

So I'm newbie.

I would like to go dps, but some people say dps is not good with conqs...¿?!

Can I go dps? Or should I go tank? I would prefer dps and being a bit tanky, but not being a tank XD

If dps, i guess better dw first?

Is better to level until 80 and then decide or should I prepare the build?
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

The question is: Do you only want to play solo? Then you can play how you want, dw frenzy dps, tank-ish 2H, it does not matter, just choose what suites your playstyle.

If you want to play any group content then there will be no choice - you will have to be able to fullfill two roles equally good: tanking and dpsing. A conq can do very high single target dps if needed with the right build and gear, but the class itself is a tank.
    You will not find any serious group or raid who will take you as an only dps conq, let alone give you conq (read: tank) loot. You might find some pug T1,2 raids or easy dungeon groups if you are lucky.

A only dps conq is a barb without the minus hate and group buffs, so why even play it like that if you already have a barb? Try playing as a tank, you can practice combos and buffs while leveling, or in purist dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantakwa View Post
    The question is: Do you only want to play solo? Then you can play how you want, dw frenzy dps, tank-ish 2H, it does not matter, just choose what suites your playstyle.

If you want to play any group content then there will be no choice - you will have to be able to fullfill two roles equally good: tanking and dpsing. A conq can do very high single target dps if needed with the right build and gear, but the class itself is a tank.
    You will not find any serious group or raid who will take you as an only dps conq, let alone give you conq (read: tank) loot. You might find some pug T1,2 raids or easy dungeon groups if you are lucky.

A only dps conq is a barb without the minus hate and group buffs, so why even play it like that if you already have a barb? Try playing as a tank, you can practice combos and buffs while leveling, or in purist dungeons.
    Yes, I have a barb, a bs and a demo. Now starting this conq. Demo as you people said is by far the easiest class to master.

OK I wolll go tank, because if not...it makes no sense. But I guess tanking is difficult. The sticky guide is good i guess?

EDIT: I guess i will go this then? I’m Lazy and Want Everything in One Spec spec http://goo.gl/wsRPv
    Last edited by Meleagro; 26th August 2017 at 08:29.
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

Quote Originally Posted by Meleagro View Post
    Yes, I have a barb, a bs and a demo. Now starting this conq. Demo as you people said is by far the easiest class to master.

OK I wolll go tank, because if not...it makes no sense. But I guess tanking is difficult. The sticky guide is good i guess?

EDIT: I guess i will go this then? I’m Lazy and Want Everything in One Spec spec http://goo.gl/wsRPv
    Tank is a role as another, overcome the difficulty of finding your rotation to keep aggro, it will give you satisfaction.
    The difficulty is just that, keep aggro and release aggro to the other tank, if you are 0 and grow, and do the purist dungeons is a great opportunity to learn.
    Once you learn the aggro, not always the tank is the most difficult role, indeed.
    Maybe in other stupid games you do, but funcom draws its dungeons and space to all classes, so if the DPS have difficulty having to be dynamic (move and right, run to the left, room here, go there) the tank, For the sake of things, it has the simplicity of being more static (in Slightering Chaos I find the simplest tank of the demo that needs kite).
    Can DPS on conq is possible? Absolutly, you will find spot in group? Rarely.
    If in 6 men, where already there are two tanks that really tank, why they should accept to share their tank loot with one third conq that even not tank?

PS: your feat all in one is good!
    Last edited by zujilin; 26th August 2017 at 09:21.
    Victory or Death