Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What the hell is funcom doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kantakwa View Post
    Are some froggies still raiding T6?
    Not sure, maybe one. But you can add two others raiding T4, and another one raiding T1 to T3. That gives around (30+25+25+60) from 120 to 160 Frenchies raiding, plus a number of people strolling around like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    I answered to Spreadicus, when he said a couple hundred was way too optimistic, me saying its possible and true doesnt automatically mean I think the population is good, your read-understanding must have picked that up along the way

Ironically you said 500 peak time, so your estimation exceeded mine, at the same time you say my claims is just "what i want to see". #Logics

Game is slowly dying thats true, but you cant use a summer-break as backbone to your claims that guilds cant fill raid atm, its been like this since the game launched.
    Look. I am not picking at you or anybody else.
    Yes I was too optimistic, because I want to see more players are playing with this game than about 200, 300... whatever hundred players. It is roughly 300.000 to 100.000 players are playing those games daily! That I have mentioned previously. The difference is frightfully huge compared to what you can see in AoC. This is not ironic, this is fearful.

What I, and maybe you, and I can say that everybody else would like to see in this game, is that the raids and instances are spinning on the global all day long from T1-T6, with all the HM's. This would be a normal gameplay environment. Spinning the PVE, and spinning the PVP all day and all night long. Unfortunately this is not what is happening.

I know some players have deep feelings about this game. I have no problem with this, but guys! Do not be so naive, romantic, pathetic. Open your yes now, take a look at other games how things are going there, and then take a look back on this game, and you can understand what I am talking about.

It is not just the numbers about, but guilds have problems with farming the full T6 weekly. Look at T5 it leads to a catastrophic failure when somebody screw up some little thing. I do not think so 8 or more guilds are farming out the full T6 weekly, when about a year ago it was COE, Destiny, TS, and maybe one or two others were able to clear out the whole raid in a week and kill Ethram at the end. When a lot of veterans were stopped playing and they were the core players on the progression raids, and now all the prestigious guilds have to catch people with lasso from global to fill their raids. This is not looking good.
    Last edited by Vyky; 4th September 2017 at 06:50.
    Vykthor (Barb) - Vykthorya (Demo) - Vyko (Guard) - Vyky (Pom)

"No Fear! No Limits! No Equal!" / SENNA /

I have counted players with lvl 1-79 on Crom and yesterday was ~300 chars in the same time.
    Last edited by ossur; 4th September 2017 at 06:52.

Whether there are 100, 300, or 500 players it doesn't matter. It's a microscopic population for an mmorpg. In addition. the game is no longer being developed, there-go it's dead.

/End

But at least we can all laugh that The Secret World is crashing and burning again. Money would have been better spent revamping Anarchy Online.
    Last edited by krippa; 6th September 2017 at 03:25.
    Retired / 2010-2016

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    Whether there are 100, 300, or 500 players it doesn't matter. It's a microscopic population for an mmorpg. In addition. the game is no longer being developed, there-go it's dead.

/End

But at least we can all laugh that The Secret World is crashing and burning again. Money would have been better spent revamping Anarchy Online.
    Maybe they thought all the AoC players go to Exiles, because that is Conan too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyky View Post
    Maybe they thought all the AoC players go to Exiles, because that is Conan too.
    I'm enjoying the **** outta Exile ; even in its current state. I feel like Exiles is what AoC could have been ~ crafting, housing, dungeons ...

I'm all for them focusing on Exiles ...
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    I'm enjoying the **** outta Exile ; even in its current state. I feel like Exiles is what AoC could have been ~ crafting, housing, dungeons ...

I'm all for them focusing on Exiles ...
    Whole exiles is just a gimmick, the "dungeons" is a gimmick, the combat is the biggest gimmick. Its just a grown up the sims.
    Last edited by magnum92; 6th September 2017 at 22:14.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Whole exiles is just a gimmick, the "dungeons" is a gimmick, the combat is the biggest gimmick. Its just a grown up the sims.
    Elaborate !

I had misgivings when I heard of it and almost drank the "version of mine-craft" cool-aid. But I took a risk and threw down my $60 for the Barbarian edition. Now I thoroughly enjoy it.

The crafting is excellent and level based.
    The fortress building is a hoot. Again, based on levels/tiers/skill
    Build almost anywhere
    The combat gets better with each iteration/patch
    Dungeons are elaborate, massive, and every bit as exciting as AoC . When you get 5 or 6 friends together; you'll see what I mean.

Perhaps you could give your personal opinion from exp. ?? Edit by Anzu: Better leave it at that.
    Last edited by Anzu; 7th September 2017 at 20:44.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Unfortunately it is not an open world sandbox mmo as I expected.
    I have never tried and probably I am not going to try.
    Anyway it is pretty good looking between the survivor type of mmo's, but this kind of typical combat of the genre, you hit once, I hit once, this is out of the fashion of the 80's to me.

Exiles isn't a "bad" game. If you like crafting, building etc you'll have fun, especially if you prefer a fantasy game setting.

However, the combat is pretty bad, but I guess it's the best you can expect for that type of game genre, where it's all LMB/RMB interaction. Coming from an AoC player's perspective, the combat is definitely underwhelming which I think why so many AoC vets crap on Exiles quite a bit. My guess is people used to Survival genre games probably don't mind the combat at all.

I did buy the game, but not just because of the "OP pay to win" rune, I was planning on trying it out all along and give it a chance. I still play it off and on to see what changes have been made, and the new zone based on Cimmeria I guess, is quite beautiful. In fact the visuals are very good imo, including the initial desert biome (basically Kheshatta/Dragonspine area).

I believe they plan on eventually releasing more biomes, I'd expect a more forest/jungle zone at some point, but survival games tend to stay in a beta release state forever, so I'd expect Exiles to never really formally "launch".

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast