Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, I Got a Character to 80...

Default So, I Got a Character to 80...

...now what?

Without the opportunity to get more levels, running quests seems blasé. In the past, I could hold off on difficult quests by advancing - usually by going through one of the estate quests in Tarantia's Noble section - and then trying out again at a higher level.

But, with that gone, the hard quests are stuck at being hard. Further, without leveling to gain new skills, the roadblock seems rather formidable, to say the least.

So, what's there to do at 80? Do I have to go PvP? Hope not, as that holds no interest at all.

If you have the Godslayer pack you can do the faction quests, but i hear you. Unless you raid or really get into the faction questing it is kind of boring at 80. Your goals now pretty much are down to killing stuff to get AA points (or just getting the Login bonus each day which is probably the faster way to get points).

I'm half-way working my way through the level 80 DragonSpine quests, but that's a B2p zone too. I did use the Playfield access and ran all the solo dungeons.

You'll hear people say the game starts at lvl 80, but I never bought into that.

Quote Originally Posted by ckirmser View Post
    ...now what?

Without the opportunity to get more levels, running quests seems blasé. In the past, I could hold off on difficult quests by advancing - usually by going through one of the estate quests in Tarantia's Noble section - and then trying out again at a higher level.

But, with that gone, the hard quests are stuck at being hard. Further, without leveling to gain new skills, the roadblock seems rather formidable, to say the least.

So, what's there to do at 80? Do I have to go PvP? Hope not, as that holds no interest at all.
    The true life of a character does not end at 80, beginning at 80. All major activities start at 80.
    First of all, you continue the questline of your Destiny (the one that gives you an epic accessory), which leads you to raids from the T1-3 with nice rewards,
    i link you here one little Henryx guide: https://henryxconan.wordpress.com/20...-t1t2t3-raids/
    then you can go to khitai, start doing a faction. There are still thousands of quests, dungeons, raids, your AoC adventure has just begun
    Victory or Death

...now what?

The way to overcome the road-block is the level 80 GEAR progression and alternative advancement progression (press K ingame to bring up the AA menu). The alternative advancement system advances your skills beyond what you get from fully feating your characters at level 80 ... you will see many skills have increase damage for combos/spells, decrease cooldowns, and even quite a few cases NEW spells/combos to use. By the way you do not have to PvP to train the "prowness" perks..the expertise points in the middle section are "wild-card" points that will substitute for mastery or prowness points.
    The hard-quests get easier when you move from green/blue gear that you have randomly picked up as you have quested your way to level 80 into the epic raid tier gear.
    At this point, even if you are free to play, I would strongly advise saving some money and investing in "rise of godslayer" expansion to further your character's development in the post-level 80 zones of Northern Grasslands, Chosain, Kara Korum and Paikang....the questing you do for factions in RoTG is never wasted ..even if you have obtained all the faction and dungeon gear you desire from a faction the MoA tokens can be exchanged for useful potions and experience pots and esteem tokens for strong health, mana and stamina potions. A lot of the gear in RoTG is better than the tier 1 and 2 gear, so I think it's worth investing money in getting access to the zones and time grinding faction and six man dungeons. (look in other sections of these forums for extensive coverage of tactics in raids and dungeons)

Well, I have RotG, and I guess there is whatever happens in Khitai. I can check that out. But, without EPs, my skills can't advance - at least, not that I know of.

Yeah, I can build perks, but there are still some neat skills I'd like to snarf.

I'll see what Khitai has to offer and go from there.

Thanx!

The true fun on level 80 comes from doing dungeons as a group, gathering EXP to reach a new level is over (besides AA levels), the new goal is gear.

From now on you will pretty much reach nothing if you play solo (meaning not joining any groups / raids), sure you can farm Isle of Iron Statues 100 times to get epic khitai gear but I wouldn't even bother buying ROTGS if I never did any of the Khitai dungeons.
    Join a guild or make friends in game who will help you explaining the mechanics of the dungeons (most of them are not that hard anymore).
    Last edited by xCodename; 5th August 2017 at 14:40.

My problem with groups is that I can't play on a schedule. And, when I can get on, I may be on for an hour or only ten minutes. I never know ahead of time.

I wouldn't want to be involved and suddenly have to split, leaving the group without a resource that they expected to be along.

Ah well. Maybe when I retire...

You don't need anything strictly planned for normal 6 man groups, a whole Monastery + Palace run with explaining takes (given that you don't wipe 6 times lol) roughly 1 hour to complete, Kara Korum runs take more time, Slithering Chaos (which you probably wont really visit until you can control your character and have better gear) takes only around 30 minutes if you have a decent group that doesn't go afk after every trash mob.

But 10 Minutes... well, I wouldn't even log in for that time lol, 10 Minutes could be a normal Isle of the Iron Statues run (solo dungeon, can reward 4 - 5 rare trophies if done in HM).

Mostly it's not a problem if you need to leave, like in Mona / Palace where you do 3 dungeons, you stay for 2 and must leave so they search for a third one, it get's problematic at unchained runs because it's hard to find people for half a dungeon where you get a 18 hours cooldown on it.

Well, I have RotG, and I guess there is whatever happens in Khitai. I can check that out. But, without EPs, my skills can't advance - at least, not that I know of.

Yeah, I can build perks, but there are still some neat skills I'd like to snarf.

I'll see what Khitai has to offer and go from there.

Thanx!
    Sad to say, do not take it as an offense because it does not want to be, but have you ever thought, if you have so few time, playing some single player games?
    Honestly the MMORPGs in the single player are nothing of exceptional, trivial grinding quests, impossible to change anything in the plot or in the game maps as the world has to be steady for all players. The amazing, better part of MMORPG is play in group, if you have to play in AoC as solo player i think you will find better game from this point of view and i repeat it is said without any offensive but pure sincerity!
    Victory or Death

My single player games are kinda like boardgames on a computer; the Total War series, Silent Hunter, Steel Panthers, Civilization, etc.

I also enjoy Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights. I was hoping to put my D&D campaign in NWN, but it's way hard to set up a persistent world. UOX could do it, but I wanted better graphics. I had hoped that the new sandbox Conan game would do it, but it's nothing like I had hoped.

I started MMOs with UO and wanted something similar, but with better graphics. I came across LotRO and that was fun for a while. Then I discovered AoC and love it. The graphics, the combat moves, the sheer lack of stupid-looking weapons and armor so loaded with sword traps that it should be easy-peasy to take someone out made it a fun game.

It's still fun, even as single player, though I cash think of several improvements, one of them solving the problem of scheduling sessions with others.

I'd like to see;

Housing like in UO
    NPC companions like in Baldur's Gate and SWToR
    Shops like UO
    An ability to run an AoC private server so that I could ref it with my friends on our game nights

If I could get them interested in AoC, then we could use Game Night to do the multiplayer sessions in AoC. But, that's my only scheduled time and I can't abandon them for an MMO.

Overall, I love the visuals of AoC and that's a big reason I keep playing it.

I started Khitai yesterday and found the additional PvE quests beyond the wall. I just wish I could still basin EPs - the tokens are OK, I guess - so that my character can gain more skills.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast