Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take Funcom to give a guy back a character he deleted by accident?

Default How long does it take Funcom to give a guy back a character he deleted by accident?

One guildy deleted his main character by mistake over 5 days ago now, emailed support and got some automated reply but he's heard nothing more since then. Does anyone know how long this procedure takes?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    One guildy deleted his main character by mistake over 5 days ago now, emailed support and got some automated reply but he's heard nothing more since then. Does anyone know how long this procedure takes?

Thanks.
    As far as I know, a deleted character can be retrieved within and not later than 30 days after the delete and it take aroud half hour (do it need few minutes on one database but they ask you to not log for half or one hour, cant remember precise time), onestly is possible ask it to one GM in game, no need write on support, at least for my friend was one GM to save him, he asked to logoff and half hour ago when he logged in he had back his toon!
    Last edited by zujilin; 20th July 2017 at 13:43.
    Victory or Death

Hey, thanks for that Zu. I'll let him know when he comes online.

Hey, thanks for that Zu. I'll let him know when he comes online.
    You are welcome!
    Victory or Death

Funcom's small Customer Support team is swamped with Secret World: Legends issues, so they have delays of many days for petitions and emails.

Maybe it's time to start delaying my subscription then.

Funcom

Petitions are answered more quickly than e-mails, but have the limitation that they can only be used for in-game issues (i.e. not payment or account issues).

As this is an in-game issue, he should petition rather than e-mail in. It'll still take a while as they're swamped over in CS, but it'll be better than waiting for the e-mail.
    FuncomMussagana
    Designer
    Twitter: @Mussagana

Age of Conan Website

Quote Originally Posted by Mussagana View Post
    Petitions are answered more quickly than e-mails, but have the limitation that they can only be used for in-game issues (i.e. not payment or account issues).

As this is an in-game issue, he should petition rather than e-mail in. It'll still take a while as they're swamped over in CS, but it'll be better than waiting for the e-mail.
    OK, thanks for the heads up. One further question, if he submits a petition and is not online when the GM responds, can the GM sort this issue there and then?

Thanks.

Funcom

OK, thanks for the heads up. One further question, if he submits a petition and is not online when the GM responds, can the GM sort this issue there and then?

Thanks.
    Yeah, they can help with that while he's not online. When that happens they'll leave an offline message that can be viewed in the petition. It'll say what's been done and provide further instruction if necessary.
    FuncomMussagana
    Designer
    Twitter: @Mussagana

Age of Conan Website

Maybe it's time to start delaying my subscription then.
    Considering they can't even be bothered to do bug fixes anymore, I'm not sure why you're still even paying.

Although, it appears that they still check on the forums from time to time. That's something I guess.
    Last edited by krippa; 21st July 2017 at 15:48.
    Retired / 2010-2016

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast