Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Funcom sell the rights to someone who will support the game like Darkfall.

Default Should Funcom sell the rights to someone who will support the game like Darkfall.

I love the game but its dead at the moment. I mean we got no new content. I`m still waiting for crafting. So do you think it will be better if someone buy the rights and make the game better like darkfall?

They can't. They have an exclusive license with whomever owns the rights to the REH, conan IP, etc. I believe it is Paradox.

What company other than some random indie would buy a 9 year old game death ridden with a giant mess of code anyway?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by yanagaida View Post
    I`m still waiting for crafting.
    Waiting for crafting revamp, in AoC?

That was cancelled awhile ago mate. Around the same time they threw the entire Durham development team to work on Secret World Legends.
    Retired / 2010-2016

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    Waiting for crafting revamp, in AoC?

That was cancelled awhile ago mate. Around the same time they threw the entire Durham development team to work on Secret World Legends.
    Not exactly cancelled. They just picked the revamped crafting and PvP system, and created a 'new' game around them - Conan Exiles.

Same thing with The Secret World. They revamped the Combat System (horrible targeting system now!) and particle effect. Re-launched as 'Secret World Legends'. Same content now as TSW launch back in 2012(?).

I love the atmosphere of AoC and TSW but I now advise people to just stop playing and/or invest in other games.
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    What company other than some random indie would buy a 9 year old game death ridden with a giant mess of code anyway?
    People who love the game I hope. At least if someone buy it and actually patch it the game would be a lot better. Funcom wont do anything with this game now. So it will be a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by yanagaida View Post
    People who love the game I hope. At least if someone buy it and actually patch it the game would be a lot better. Funcom wont do anything with this game now. So it will be a lot better.
    It makes zero sense from a business standpoint. Just because people like it doesn't mean its gonna make it money.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    It makes zero sense from a business standpoint. Just because people like it doesn't mean its gonna make it money.
    Its working with darkfall. And AOC is a lot bigger. It all depend of the community. The game could be a lot better but no one is working on it. That was my point.

Who would actually care if they sold the rights to another company? No one knows about AoC and the ones that stopped playing don't care anymore if anything gets changed.

Pretty much.

Funcom is doing absolutely nothing with the game, not even minor bug fixes. Everything has gone dark - reminds me of what happened to Warhammer Online.
    Last edited by krippa; 5th July 2017 at 02:18.
    Retired / 2010-2016

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    Pretty much.

Funcom is doing absolutely nothing with the game, not even minor bug fixes. Everything has gone dark - reminds me of what happened to Warhammer Online.
    No idea why Funcom do so with aoc, maybe idea is just wait enough people lose interess for it so can close it. Funcom is bound to the licenze so maybe just cannot close aoc until it produces an active balance. Anycase do nothing is better then do wrong things, onestly. Looking the latest additions, a T5 obtained by recycling pieces of game, bad balanced and made in a rough and superficial manner, same thing for vanaheim, arena that give better neck in game IN SOLO IN ONE MMO (look the contradiction) and last but not least, Raidfinder, which literally ruined the game, lowering both the quality of the game and the players and maked useless any previous content on the T4. If they have to give us other pearls of this quality, it is better that they add nothing more!!!
    Last edited by zujilin; 5th July 2017 at 17:09.
    Victory or Death

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast