Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's the population in aoc?

Default How's the population in aoc?

Downloaded the game last night. Love what I've seen so far... but I'm not seeing many other players. Then i found some posts and articles saying the game is just in maintenance mode and is basically dying.

Really enjoying it but if that's really the case I don't know that I want to invest any time in it.

Any long time players have any insight on this?

It's a great game you won't be disappointed. Fury (PvP) has a smaller population than Crom (PvE) but they're both great spots to play. Invest some time/money and enjoy the game.
    "He who knows best knows how little he knows." -Thomas Jefferson
    Ausler was created on 11 July 2008/Alisaut was created on 25 July 2008

What server are you on? Fury (PvP) server has a very low pop, while Crom (PvE) server is alot better.

Also the first part of the game from washing up onto the beach to the 2nd Gate is all solo. Once you get past the gate into the Tortage Zone you should start seeing players.

Funcom has said the game is in maintenance mode so that parts true. As to the dying part; People have said it's been dying for years now and yet we're still here and playing.

I've been playing on and off since 2009. Yes there are less people playing now than at it's hey day, but there's still enough of a population to have fun. Joining a guild / making friends in Tortage is the best way to play now.
    Last edited by Nebless; 19th June 2017 at 15:44.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback! I just don't have much time to play so I'm more worried about spending money (which I will) only to have the game cancelled shortly after (former coh player).

I'm playing on crom but still in tortage so I'll see what happens when I get out. I'm just sad I waited so long to try it.

Game is great, but majority of population is at lvl 80, that's where you will see most of the other players. Also pvp is tiered, so if you don't see ppl joining minigame at lvl 20ish dont worry, they are at 80. Also there was a campaign for insta lvl 80 a few weeks ago, so if anyone wanted to reroll an alt did it back then.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrummer5 View Post
    so I'm more worried about spending money
    One of the nice things is you really don't need to spend money to play. I've gotten 2 characters up to lvl 80 on a F2p account. I did buy Godslayer, but that's a lvl 80 zone so nothing you need to worry about for a while. I also bought Turan which is a alternate lvl 50-55 zone. Didn't need it (my main was level 56 at the time), but just wanted it as I liked the atmosphere it had.

So don't worry or really even think about spending money, just play and enjoy yourself.

Another thing to note, Funcom is not known for pulling the plug on old games. Anarchy Online is still going and it has essentially been in Maintenance mode for far longer than AoC. You just have to be aware that you can't count on anything new in any form.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Another thing to note, Funcom is not known for pulling the plug on old games. Anarchy Online is still going and it has essentially been in Maintenance mode for far longer than AoC. You just have to be aware that you can't count on anything new in any form.
    What about Lego MMO?

Out of curiosity, is there a way to check the current online population on a server?

Via F/C, I don't think so. Now Steam does have a graph feature to show how many have logged in via that portal so that would give you the low end of the count, but I don't think it would know which server.

For a totally unscientific count, during the last Crom World Boss in Turan (a 'not so popular' B2p zone) during West Coast daytime hours it wasn't unusual for 3 instances to be going at once and full, while come evening, Only 1 could be filled.
    Last edited by Nebless; 20th June 2017 at 02:40.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast