Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aoc 2?

Default Aoc 2?

We need AOC 2!!!!!, the graphics for this game are way too old already.
    We want a new AOC. I'm willing to give Funcom 10 free 3D models to help the cause (shields and swords for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Barna View Post
    We want a new AOC. I'm willing to give Funcom 10 free 3D models to help the cause (shields and swords for example).
    You also have to give the budget. Around $500k will be a good start for decent 21st century servers, so finally can play without 190-250ms and the frenzy redbars.

I'm willing to give Funcom 10 free 3D models to help the cause (shields and swords for example).
    Nice, then we already have like 0.05% of the game
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Do you really think an AoC 2 would turn out well considering what happened to AoC 1?

Lets see how relaunched SWL turns out and then you can form how much of a wreck they will do to Aoc. :P
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Graphics?
    What we need are fewer shallow players with their superficial requirements shaping the glut of nonsense that's been released in the past 10 years.

AOC's graphics were spectacular at the time of release and have aged incredibly well. However, I think these kinds of assessments are relative to age so I understand not everyone agrees. Nevertheless, graphics were never ever a weak part of AOC so this thread is about is nonsensical as the current MMO scene.

Yea, I know it's not happening, I'm just nostalgic. And yes, although the graphics aged "well", you can't compare it to 2016-17 AAA games.
    Don't get me wrong I prefer gameplay over graphics but AOC definitely feels old now. I've tried to play again and get my friends to try and
    play but they get turned off by how old it looks.

Yea, I know it's not happening, I'm just nostalgic. And yes, although the graphics aged "well", you can't compare it to 2016-17 AAA games.
    Don't get me wrong I prefer gameplay over graphics but AOC definitely feels old now. I've tried to play again and get my friends to try and
    play but they get turned off by how old it looks.
    Well many textures - in particular the pre-Khitai content- are low-res by modern standards. But high resolution is no use if what you show is ugly. This goes to art design, and in that department AoC still is lightyears ahead of most modern games. Just like many cartoons from the 1930s - 1960s are better art than your average modern 3D kids movie.

Also, AoC's animations are still ace
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Default Bollocks

If your friends complain about AoC graphics looking outdated... it's time to get new friends.

Man, we should count ourselves lucky they don't do to AoC what they are doing to TSW.

Would you want to play a new version of AoC, where you must all start over from scratch, where the combat system is changed to be more annoying. Imagine now having to move with reticle combat, and have the entire combo system removed from the game. Everyone is now like casters. Even more pay-to-win stuff added to Item Shop.

No thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast