Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: About "Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Just a heads up for any demos going to duel dt's with COI, do not use fire spells, you can start by debuffing the dt a little with hell fire stream, after this you should not be touching these spells because. 1. you will lose mana. 2. you will be taking more dmg from retribution than he will from your spell.
    Retributive damage should never be able to be up all the time. It is one of the dumbest game mechanics in this game.

COI should have been nerfed into the ground 10 damage max like the useless mage retrib shields. Guard of Dancing steel should also have stayed the way it was pre revamp. Both of these just scream "I'm not a very good player so I'll cheese ball your ass" Remember what a joke conq retribution used to be?

You could also argue for necro retrib and sin retrib as well (but most dont use the latter)

Tos is kind of iffy too at 155 dpp but at least it has a 12 second duration and 48 second cooldown so its more avoidable.

Sad there is much no skill non-sense on a relatively good game.
    Last edited by sanagav; 24th May 2017 at 04:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    dont think OP was asking to balance, but just a 1v1 tier list (which can exist)

imo I don't think there's an S tier duel class, if there was a candidate, I would say the conq or demo, but conq can't really kill a BS. and because of this BS is number two over demo.

for pugs and premades pom is number one
    Conq can kill a bear shaman, and I do mean consistently. Demo can kill both and I do mean consistently.

Demo may be the lamest class in this game. Waves of flame is way too strong, more so in 1 v 1.

For me,

1# Demo
    2# Conq
    3# BS

The rest don't really matter in 1 v 1.
    Last edited by sanagav; 24th May 2017 at 04:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    I put the ranged classes first because, in my opinion, putting aside the pros and cons of classes, ranged in general have it easier to play than melee, furthermore every month as the lag increases. When I played my ranger for the first time I killed a lot. Of course, ranger is piss easy, but all you have to do as a ranged class is be in range, target and - boom - you don't need to aim, just keep camera more or less centered at your target and that's it. If they come for you, you start running and kite, abuse the lag. When someone gets very good with ranged classes, I think they have the upper hand in the current state of the game. Playing a melee class, especially with short reach, is a pain in the arse, and deserves more credit than any ranged.

Yea I agree with most of that but the problem isn't the ranged classes, it's the fact RESOURCE MANAGEMENT IS NON EXISTENT. CLASSES THAT USE MANA SHOULD DRAIN A LOT FASTER THAN THEY DO. GETTING OUT OF COMBAT FAST HAS F*CKED UP GAME BALANCE IN FAVOR OF RANGED.

Sprint revamp was not good at all.
    Last edited by sanagav; 24th May 2017 at 04:54.

Quote Originally Posted by sanagav View Post
    Conq can kill a bear shaman, and I do mean consistently. Demo can kill both and I do mean consistently.

Demo may be the lamest class in this game. Waves of flame is way too strong, more so in 1 v 1.

For me,

1# Demo
    2# Conq
    3# BS

The rest don't really matter in 1 v 1.
    equally skilled bs vs. conq is almost a onesided affair in my eyes... a bs that wants to win will avoid using double dots, or even play without manifestation to avoid GODS damage, and run away from banner. steadfast faith on top if it all? not to mention there are specs a bear bs can do to make it even worse. I'd like to be proven wrong though.

I don't think you can disregard how these three do vs. other classes though, and demo sure has a high chance of killing most, but one good play (doubletapped KB, or a landed KB on the demo) from whoever you're facing, and you're struggling. so in contrast with the conq and BS that has a lot of very safe wins, I think the demo can happen to die to some of those cases.

well that is my reasoning, I do agree however, that demo has the potential. I just need to see it happen in practice!
    Last edited by Lurvi; 24th May 2017 at 11:41.

equally skilled bs vs. conq is almost a onesided affair in my eyes... a bs that wants to win will avoid using double dots, or even play without manifestation to avoid GODS damage, and run away from banner. steadfast faith on top if it all? not to mention there are specs a bear bs can do to make it even worse. I'd like to be proven wrong though.

I don't think you can disregard how these three do vs. other classes though, and demo sure has a high chance of killing most, but one good play (doubletapped KB, or a landed KB on the demo) from whoever you're facing, and you're struggling. so in contrast with the conq and BS that has a lot of very safe wins, I think the demo can happen to die to some of those cases.

well that is my reasoning, I do agree however, that demo has the potential. I just need to see it happen in practice!
    Thanks Lurvi. Imo there is no such thing as equally skilled, or equally geared, since in Conq vs BS neither wear the same armor or use the same AA and the nuances of playing each class vary depending on what it is. Even a player that plays both (for a long time) will always be better at one than the other.

Also, I wasn't talking about brute conq =d

The funniest part about that list is all 3 classes debuff super fast. It's no coincidence. All three classes should have their debuffs nerfed.
    Last edited by sanagav; 24th May 2017 at 12:37.

Quote Originally Posted by sanagav View Post
    Retributive damage should never be able to be up all the time. It is one of the dumbest game mechanics in this game.

COI should have been nerfed into the ground 10 damage max like the useless mage retrib shields. Guard of Dancing steel should also have stayed the way it was pre revamp. Both of these just scream "I'm not a very good player so I'll cheese ball your ass" Remember what a joke conq retribution used to be?

You could also argue for necro retrib and sin retrib as well (but most dont use the latter)

Tos is kind of iffy too at 155 dpp but at least it has a 12 second duration and 48 second cooldown so its more avoidable.

Sad there is much no skill non-sense on a relatively good game.
    Please don't remind about any retributive / deflect things
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XegbIRdLAco
    this and the old Cunning "bugs"
    The Law

You always forget to add to any of your posts that a "BS with Soggoth". It's a different class than a BS without.

Quote Originally Posted by Ythor View Post
    You always forget to add to any of your posts that a "BS with Soggoth". It's a different class than a BS without.
    To speak about it, you must try it before.

I have 2 shamans on Fury and Crom and have nearly identical results with T3 PvP and Sogoth.
    Personally I would choose T3,5 pve blunt. Which is very available on Сrom.
    With new RF it is easy to get T4 pve blunt which is very good too.

Melee pvp in this game it is about your moving skill, timing of abilities and skill of landing comboes and especially for the BS - combo starters.

1 vs 1 scenario it really depends on the person behind the char..

and Sigve bs and conq a issue for tos' ? lol i beg to differ tos its king !
    Шторм-кнут

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardus View Post
    1 vs 1 scenario it really depends on the person behind the char..

and Sigve bs and conq a issue for tos' ? lol i beg to differ tos its king !
    I think so too.. tos can kill all.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast