Thread: Cliff Jumper

Default Cliff Jumper

I'm gallumping down that road in Ymir's Pass from the Clan Maugh camp heading north. I had just trotted down that staircase and up ahead I see this guy just gallop off the edge into thin air. I go up and look down at the corpse.

Hovering the cursor over the body, it's identified as some level 80 guy. Then, it turned into a tombstone.

So, what on earth would be the motive for a level 80 to just jump off a cliff? I mean, death's not permanent, but why voluntarily incur the penalties for dying?

This is a head-scratcher for me.

Ymir's Pass has been known to drive many people to suicide.
    Least time in combat (Master Gyas) Logic: 0:00:01 "Wtf is this sh*t"
    [Global][Chaoskult]: sikk has no mom, he has two dads.[Global][Siekk]: one of them is u
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    The Bloody Peasants - Being dismissive of watery tarts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tura View Post
    Ymir's Pass has been known to drive many people to suicide.
    Yeah, I can see that...

Funcom actually rewards for this under the achievement system. There are several areas where these leaps of faith show off the impressive visuals of this game.

Sounds to me like somebody wanted to go to the rezz pad as quick as possible and switch instance. Not unusual in a WB week.
    Es ist noch kein Meister vom Himmel gefallen, aber schon sehr viele vom Barhocker.

There is one rez pad in Ymir's pass that seems to be accessible only by dying, and there is a quest giver at that rez pad for a quest that is listed in the achievements for that zone. Although where you describe he committed suicide does not sound like it is close to this place.

Maybe they just read the news that Funcom has put AoC in maintenance mode.

Soooo loooooong cruel world!

*splat*

The death penalty is trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    The death penalty is trivial.
    I guess, but I figure why incur any, if ya don't have to.

But, quick travel to a rez pad is not a bad reason.