Thread: Position the Raidfinder window

Default Position the Raidfinder window

Okay, so I seen a request for the RaidFinder window to store its last position. I'm not sure how important that is to you guys, but I will make this if someone are interested. I will need to know if the position should apply to the main window or also the subsequent dialogs for role selection and ready prompt. Which will be a little more work for me.

Best regards, Fox
    Last edited by Foxcat; 27th January 2017 at 16:10.

I have been asked numerous times if I could do it so I guess you will make many players very happy

Suggestions:
    The same could be applied to loyalty rewards window.
    Also, if you find a way to avoid itemshop popup, I think people will build a statue at your image in their guild city

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    I have been asked numerous times if I could do it so I guess you will make many players very happy

Suggestions:
    The same could be applied to loyalty rewards window.
    Okay, guess many will be happy now then. It is done for both.

impressive...well..coming from you, not that much, but still!

is this just through aoc.exe or the strange ui?

Quote Originally Posted by xxevinityxx View Post
    is this just through aoc.exe or the strange ui?
    If someone wants to implement it with their UIs then I don't mind. You can replace the files manually without a custom UI or aoc.exe, the latter just makes your life a lot more simple when it comes to skipping the patcher and make it work through updates as it only replace files when you start game and restore everything to vanilla when you close it again.

You can download the files here and it is wrapped to work with aoc.exe. If you use it as such then all you need to do is to extract the content to Data/GUI and start your game.

If you wanna add it manually then place the Position.swf in Default/Flash and add the content of MainPrefs.xml.add into Default/MainPrefs.xml. Add the content of Modules.xml.add into Default/Modules.xml and add module_controller line to the modules you want positions saved for. I only tested it on GroupFinder and the DailyLoginBrowser, but it might work on any of the flash windows that dosen't save their position. It will not work on modules that isn't written in flash.

An example, where module_controller is added to the GroupFinder window in modules.xml.
    Code:
      <Module name="GroupFinder"
        movie             = "GroupFinder.swf"
        flags             = "GMF_CFG_STORE_USER_CONFIG | GMF_CLOSE_ON_ESCAPE"
        depth_layer       = "Top"
        sub_depth         = "0"
        module_controller = "framework.Position"
        variable          = "groupFinder_window"
        criteria          = "groupFinder_window &amp;&amp; (guimode &amp; (GUIMODEFLAGS_INPLAY | GUIMODEFLAGS_ENABLEALLGUI))"
        config_name       = "GroupFinderWindowConfig"
      />
    Do be aware that if you run this with aoc.exe, that the content of modules.xml in the mod folder might needs to be updated if a future patch alters this file, eg. if Funcom adds a new window of some sort. But that is easily done, should it happen by copying the file again from the Default folder and make the changes showed in our example above.

Best regards, Fox

PS! If you downloaded it right after I made this post and it isn't working, then download it again.
    Last edited by Foxcat; 28th January 2017 at 18:16.

Thank you so much Fox!

By the way, just to clarify things a bit, Foxcat is an awesome independent modder and his mods are usable with any UI