Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Conan Exiles Bonuses for Age of Conan

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    The problem can easily be remedied. Just give players a chance to get 30% crit rune by playing game. For example for 5000 Achievements points or something else (but please not RF).
    A rune with this amount of critical damage rating is not even justified by 100000000000 achievement points. 30% critical damage simply can't be justified in AoC's case where critical rating (and normal damage stats) already is the most important stat for most classes. With a full AA tree, best gear with crit stats you can reach like 30% on some classes, this rune equals basically 6 armor parts + rings + weapons + aa tree talents + feat tree talents, this is completely out of place in terms of balance, regardless in which way you can obtain it.
    Some classes are unstoppalbe with this ****ing thing and because of that some other classes will become completely useless. Guards can already have problems against DTs who go for insane damage because of their critical hits and they want to double the critical damage amount?
    Last edited by xCodename; 5th March 2017 at 19:40.

The problem can easily be remedied. Just give players a chance to get 30% crit rune by playing game. For example for 5000 Achievements points or something else (but please not RF).
    No, i disagree. The whole concentration on crits instead of player determined calculateable damage is wrong. It is fine for one specialization route with drawbacks maybe, but not as a concept to increase player damage in general. And as others already said, +30% crit damage is just insane (isn't it like +900 crit damage rating? Not even mentioning where in the calculations they put it...). It is gamedesign 101...but they gave that up years ago, so it is sadly not surprising. Just compare what 1 feat point (a player controlled variety mechanic, the feat tree) does to what some items now do (a dev controlled grind or luck dependant mechanic). Then compare it to other boni you got earlier from subbing or paying extra versions of the game: +1% xp ring, +3 magic damage or mounts or vanity items. As already said too, they do it on purpose to manipulate sales for Exiles. In addition the whole +% concept they have in recent year has caused for exponential disbalance in the whole game, making whole feat specs useless, while other specs and item combinations became overpowered. You can have tiers with budgets and you can have differences in how you weigh some boni and you can get something wrong there, but designing items totally off-budget is just insane. Just do the maths. Such an items shows nothing but disrespect to the game and the people who designed the game system in first place.

To solve it, make it +30 crit rating and/or +30 crit damage rating plus one class dependant extra stat (str, dex, iq or wis). If you want to keep the insane +% rating, just make it a temporary buff or triggerable buff with cooldown, because that is the value category it belongs to.
    Last edited by Kurt2016; 5th March 2017 at 20:08.

First of all, I also very much dislike this OP rune. But let us be realists.
    Are You really believe that Fancom now deceived those consumers who have already bought the CE Barbarian Edition and now nerf to the ground the rune? I highly doubt.
    Much more likely that they will have mercy on the remaining AoC players and offer them something equivalent.
    Last edited by Ernests; 5th March 2017 at 20:19.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

First of all, I also very much dislike this OP rune. But let us be realists.
    Are You really believe that Fancom now deceived those consumers who have already bought the CE Barbarian Edition and now nerf to the ground the rune? I highly doubt.
    Much more likely that they will have mercy on the remaining AoC players and offer them something equivalent.
    Most likely is that they do nothing, they want you to buy Exiles and obviously don't care about AoC. I just accept that I can't keep up with the people using store pots and this stupid rune and just live with it knowing that I haven't wasted any more money on this crap.

This rune is ****ing ridiculous. If it's not removed, at least make it tops +3% crit dmg, like it was suggested, not 30%! What will be next? If you buy the Exiles DLC you get a rune that gives you a bubble every minute no matter the class?

Quote Originally Posted by Patoson View Post
    This rune is ****ing ridiculous. If it's not removed, at least make it tops +3% crit dmg, like it was suggested, not 30%! What will be next? If you buy the Exiles DLC you get a rune that gives you a bubble every minute no matter the class?
    My guess the 30% increase was supposed to be applied differently than how it actually is being implemented, i.e. if you have 10% crit dmg, you would get 13% crit dmg running the rune, which is not game breaking.

However, it's in game as a flat 30% on top of your existing crit dmg, so 10%+30%= 40% which is a dramatically different amount than the 13% it might really supposed to be.

Exactly. My conq has around 25% crit damage, and, with this rune, I'd have 25+30=55% crit dmg... seriously? I've been watching players with it fight in PvP. It procs with a crit, and this +30% crit dmg buff lasts 10 seconds, and the cooldown, after that time, is just 15 seconds. Damn...

Can you use the exiles rune alongside a major rune?

Considering the exiles rune is yellow/legendary & the major is epic/purp?

Exiles rune is purple. So it doesn't stack with other purple runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Exiles rune is purple. So it doesn't stack with other purple runes.
    ah ok ty

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast