Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: State of Funcom? Aoc?

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Steam reviews are plummeting and right now there are only about 8k players (accurate numbers because it's a Steam-only game). This is peak time on a week-end, it's quite a bit less most of the time.
    Steam review plummeting? @ 5k reviews the rating was a 68%, now it's 9k reviews and it's still holding solid at 68%. Not sure that it's plummeting breh.
    Retired / 2010-2016

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    Steam review plummeting? @ 5k reviews the rating was a 68%, now it's 9k reviews and it's still holding solid at 68%. Not sure that it's plummeting breh.
    It used to say "overwhelmingly positive" or along those lines last time I checked (sometime in February), it now says "mixed".

User reviews:
    RECENT: Mixed (1,137 reviews)
    OVERALL: Mixed (9,089 reviews)
    Release Date: 31 Jan, 2017

68% is pretty poor too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    Now it's accurate. Remember that private and friends-only profiles are not included in the Steamspy numbers, and I'm not sure the Conan Exiles Steam hub includes them.
    Possible, but I'm indeed referring to the Steam hub numbers, I didn't check the number on some webpage but through the Steam client directly. AFAIK those numbers are pretty damn accurate.

Rust and ARK (those are indy survival games with a much smaller budget, to put things into perspective) have each 30-40k+ active players when checking the same way. (hey, Rust even had full nudity before Exiles!)

I think Exiles is better than those two (feels way closer to a finished product, better performance, love the lore/music etc.), but severely lacks content and the map is pretty small. Combat sucks but not more than in the other 2 games I mentioned. However, I simply don't know anyone still playing it. A big content patch and some sales could remedy that no doubt. But to what extent I wonder.
    Last edited by kalston; 28th March 2017 at 20:12.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Combat sucks but not more than in the other 2 games I mentioned. However, I simply don't know anyone still playing it. A big content patch and some sales could remedy that no doubt. But to what extent I wonder.
    Are there any plans to implement the AOC combat system in Exiles so far? That would be pretty awesome Exiles is early access game, so I guess many things can still change, and improve of course.
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

Quote Originally Posted by beacor11 View Post
    Are there any plans to implement the AOC combat system in Exiles so far? That would be pretty awesome Exiles is early access game, so I guess many things can still change, and improve of course.
    They have no such plans as far as I can tell Combat doesn't even seem to be a big priority. But it's still very early so who knows what will happen later.
    Last edited by kalston; 28th March 2017 at 21:55.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by beacor11 View Post
    As a starting point would be enough, if they improve the animation and make the battle system a bit more complex. In the Conan Exiles me more annoyed unnatural and exaggerated fatality. AoC here is a good example of how to do this visually enjoyable and more properly to survival game.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Well Funcom is renovating the secret world

Better performance,graphics,combat system etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FJu4q_wDb4

Too bad its the wrong game.
    Kinaputten

Quote Originally Posted by Mogsters View Post
    Well Funcom is renovating the secret world

Better performance,graphics,combat system etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FJu4q_wDb4

Too bad its the wrong game.
    I do not wish for that for AoC (AoCs combat system was better then TSWs from the start anyway). The relaunch means you can not play your old characters on the new servers, not progression and only a few mostyl vanity stuff will be copied over.

If that was AoC I do think this would make more people leave then come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    I do not wish for that for AoC (AoCs combat system was better then TSWs from the start anyway). The relaunch means you can not play your old characters on the new servers, not progression and only a few mostyl vanity stuff will be copied over.

If that was AoC I do think this would make more people leave then come back.
    It was the renovating part I was referring to, I tried TSW and immediately turned it off when I realized Funcom didnt have the brain to use AOC combat system in it.
    Kinaputten

Well.. I resubbed yesterday for another 12 months..

First time i play since the included 30 days when i bought at release!

And btw Conan Exiles rating were never overwhelmingly positive, it climed from early 63% to 68%. I've invested in funcom stocks and followed that rating every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Irathi View Post
    Well.. I resubbed yesterday for another 12 months..
    lol... Hey I have these magic beans I'll sell you on the cheap!
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA