Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions, even RF

Its actually not that easy to find a rf raid late US nighttime. I generally wait an hour or so to get in one and the run could be an hour or more. So getting in two a night isn't too bad for me.

That being said: I take 16 of my 19 alts into rf. Most have the rings now. I enjoy the chance of getting gear on my more obscure characters and don't have to feel bad about 'taking' gear from players who use their class/character more often.

The more gear I get, the more likely I would do a pug t3 with a tank (maybe a t4) for example. I have been enjoying the assassin class lately. I do see t3 t4 pugs out there: generally they look for classes that are already full t3 or higher though in my 'stable'.

I go to wb now just for the cloak quest and maybe for the pet if my main doesn't have it. RF is much more fun imo.

Only funcom knows how the numbers are going.

Quote Originally Posted by lexconan View Post
    I'm not understanding the general attitude of some players. The raid finder is still group content. People are still being social. The fact is that RF raids are running continuously, at least in EU prime time (and I'm guessing US prime time too). It's very popular, and it brings people together. That people choose not to communicate as much in there is not the raid finder's fault. Hell, it's even possible for someone to post TS info and suggest that people join in if that's what it takes to make it feel "real".

Some people seem to believe that doing higher tier raiding with a guild is somehow more noble than other playstyles, as if a loner who chooses to stick to pugs and the raid finder is doing something wrong. Some people need to stop being narrowminded and realize that the raid finder has offered many players a chance to do content they would otherwise never even see. They may actually be old, disabled, or have commitments in their lives that prevents them from being part of successful "regular" raids done by guilds.

And the best gear is still exclusive to the noble players who play the game correctly, so there's no need to feel threatened...

So stop suggesting that they remove the raid finder, nerf the rewards, or otherwise change something that's clearly very popular. It's an opinion that belongs to the loud minority, while most people just play the game and stay far away from what's always been a toxic forum community.
    While i think the rewards from RF aren't as over the top as other people think they are, saying that content is fine/good because it's popular is stupid.

You could literally have a small room where you need to afk for 100 hours and at the end you get a piece of t6 and i guarantee it would be the most popular thing in aoc while also being extremely bad content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinix View Post
    While i think the rewards from RF aren't as over the top as other people think they are
    So getting gear from standing afk, that u can use to do literally any content ingame with, is not over the top? Can you clarify your logic there m8.
    Last edited by magnum92; 11th November 2016 at 23:54.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

I don't see as much afking in rf as with wb. But if we have more than one or two in a rf I generally just leave.

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    So getting gear from standing afk, that u can use to do literally any content ingame with, is not over the top? Can you clarify your logic there m8.
    Well good luck at standing afk for about 2 years in a row getting tokens by the time you get even half the t4 set.

And even then i find people way too focused on the rewards and as you said, gear good enough that they can do any content in the game. Perfect! Finally content is not behind some grind ******** wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinix View Post
    Well good luck at standing afk for about 2 years in a row getting tokens by the time you get even half the t4 set.

And even then i find people way too focused on the rewards and as you said, gear good enough that they can do any content in the game. Perfect! Finally content is not behind some grind ******** wall.
    I geared up my tos only from RF, full T4 in about 2 months. Thats like 4 months less then what u normally progress in a raid to get full T4.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by chrizdc View Post
    Not true. I was in a pug T1 today. Another friend was in a pug T2. There are still consistent pug T3s and T4s...
    just wanted to update. Since my last post, I went back in-game and did a pug T2. Then saw in global some people looking for a T1 Vissy and being replied with a "just killed it" - so that would be at least 2 T1 pugs (I'm pretty sure there was at least another one) and 2 T2 pugs within a 12 hr period.
    Last edited by chrizdc; 12th November 2016 at 03:30.

so funny people trying to defend RF as being popular. take away the rewards, atleast put equivalent rings elsewhere, then we can talk.

I 100% am behind your post lexconan, except when you say the best gear is exclusive to the guys doing t5-t6. Those insane rings are not afaik.

t1-t2 raids dying, it's not a big issue. it's like saying onyx chambers or atzels fortress is dead.

t3 and t4 pugs dying is. those raids offer not only learning, but a great experience too. along with a lot of the 6mans. Was it so hard for FC to add those tokens to these places aswell? so many more fun places to go than the frikkin RF... it's sad. dont say RF is popular until they do something about those RF exclusive items. They **** over the entire game over one failed gimmick patch.

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    I geared up my tos only from RF, full T4 in about 2 months. Thats like 4 months less then what u normally progress in a raid to get full T4.
    So you're telling me you farmed 940 t4 relics and 9 dragon tears in 2 months of doing RF. I'm gonna be slightly doubtful of that.

And I also doubt it takes 6 months to get a full t4.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast