Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Guardian hate discussion

For a long time I have worked the guardian and I have returned to the game after leaving it and I believe that the guardian function is strictly to withstand the damage in the group but as it does little damage this form of game bores and the option is to play the Templar.
    What does the company do ???? Enhance the abilities of the character that people like.
    Give a single aggro option with s & s and forget the polearm and limit the game of the guardian.
    It would have to create polearms with good aggro imo.
    To finish I observe that it loses aggro very easily and this and some thing more has made of the guardian a game useless when not bored
    Although it has good gear, AA, etc, etc ... is loose to develop its function.

Quote Originally Posted by tekila1970 View Post
    For a long time I have worked the guardian and I have returned to the game after leaving it and I believe that the guardian function is strictly to withstand the damage in the group but as it does little damage this form of game bores and the option is to play the Templar.
    What does the company do ???? Enhance the abilities of the character that people like.
    Give a single aggro option with s & s and forget the polearm and limit the game of the guardian.
    It would have to create polearms with good aggro imo.
    To finish I observe that it loses aggro very easily and this and some thing more has made of the guardian a game useless when not bored
    Although it has good gear, AA, etc, etc ... is loose to develop its function.
    Reading this gave me severe stroke... jk aside, i didnt understand a thing.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Default ETI translation for Morialski :p

our friend Tekila1970 has played his guard alot and now he return on the game after an absence he found it as a role to take the dmg of his group and does a little dmg as a return of it so he gets bored and comparing it with the dt his has issues and in the end his thinks its his option to play the dt instead the guard

So he QQ that funcom babysits players that like DT and boost that class and only give Guard a single agro tool and forgets totally the pole-arm specs of the guard
    Also he states that he loose to fast agro with his guard so he thinks that guard is useless and bored sometimes even if he has good gear/AA etc

Guess he needs more practice

Lonf tine no polygon !!!
    Lonf pole no dips !
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Yes, give bilion agro tools for pole and should be good! yeeeeeea. Agroo is good just learn how to play.
    <[Gamabuntu - Guardian]>
    [Hetzerkreuz - Barbarian]

Like a furious cyclone, the guardian batters all enemies around them with lightning charged attack

I have never said that I am a good guardian player.
    I give my personal opinion and I may have shortcomings in how to improve a guardian.
    I just comment on the lack of the guardian that there is nothing more to see the success he has compared to others ... there is nothing more than to play AoC and to see its presence compared with other classes.
    Nobody with logic creates a product with visible deficiencies and can pretend to be a success when compared to the other options.
    This me in an error or not the guardian and its playability in group has failure for the mission to create hate and to have the enemy stuck in a face to face.
    Is not that what it was created for?
    Diversity creates richness of play and limiting characters condition the blocking of possibilities to seduce the player.
    Last edited by tekila1970; 29th March 2017 at 12:37.

Quote Originally Posted by tekila1970 View Post
    I have never said that I am a good guardian player.
    I give my personal opinion and I may have shortcomings in how to improve a guardian.
    I just comment on the lack of the guardian that there is nothing more to see the success he has compared to others ... there is nothing more than to play AoC and to see its presence compared with other classes.
    Nobody with logic creates a product with visible deficiencies and can pretend to be a success when compared to the other options.
    This me in an error or not the guardian and its playability in group has failure for the mission to create hate and to have the enemy stuck in a face to face.
    Is not that what it was created for?
    Diversity creates richness of play and limiting characters condition the blocking of possibilities to seduce the player.

The diffrence in my opinion is, the further into the tiers you go, you notice how guardians and conq require more skill from the player to get the same job done. I have seen so many terrible players that cant do conq and guard, but do just fine with DT. If you get proper gear on DT, you can do pretty much a completely random combo sequence and still hold aggro against 2k dps. That would screw you over in a matter of seconds on conq and guard.

So your issue might be that you need to improve abit with the guardian class, its not the guard thats broken, its the DT that is broken the other way around (too powerfull in the way it doesnt punish a bad playstyle).
    Last edited by magnum92; 29th March 2017 at 13:37.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

100% agree, it's the DT that is broken,

and guard could use a boost, but mainly the polearm tanking side of things. Sword and Board is extremely sturdy, and has controlled agro.

Where Funcom failed the guardian was with the evade/immunity mechanics, which probably the polearm guard should have been based around.
    Along with a very outdated feat-tree.

Default Guard & how it was journey to get properly set to gain hate.

I have had difficult journey trying get my guard to get agroo. talk to many player on there guard. thinking they were being truthful with me i would take there shared Feats set up well none ever worked & when finally decided to stop asking for help & do my own feats HAHA to those punk losers that had no class. Now Hate is just BOOM!! it explodes on me hard in just 2 combos Bosses are bound to me sort speak. even when a dps well geared & i know his good always top parse & getting agroo I come to boss & start my combo mix the way i like to do it i get agroo in 5 sec from them. all classes have tried to think they were going get boss from me they failed miserably. Guard can be hard to master properly & to survive if not understood. Well now they want call me a cheat those lied back than.. PFFFT they acted like Punk liars this what come of it. He who laughs last wins. Don't give up those you trying to master Guards keep doing it till u get it right.

hmm... yea, amazing, really. but... why should we give a f*ck?
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast