Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello, Funcom Great Job

Quote Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
    Rewards for achievement sucked but when they came up me and my friends in game had the best fun spending countless of hours every day for weeks doing the time trials to be first with the title without exploiting any dungeons like Ai for example. On the other hand RF and the route funcom is following with content for afk players and bots despite having the precious rewards, made a nice amount of us quit and just logging to do few guild raids from time to time when needed. Rewards are nothing if a content is fail like RF and content can be enjoyable to some people if it gives you challenge with even meaningless silly rewards showing you can finish it.Some of us werent doing 6 men raids or 2-3 man dungeons or silly setups on dungeons and raids because the rewards but because of the fun it was bringing.
    Every update after Cirith left the company is a big fail wich even destroying the nice updates Cirith did with revamping the pvp gear !!
    Yess!! <3

I agree with everything Zeuss, Redd and Lurvi are saying ....
    | piece of cake |

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Aecho View Post
    Yess!! <3

Same!!
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/

Quote Originally Posted by Noobody View Post
    Funcom success there is to give you enough incentive to do content that pisses you off in a video game because and solely because of the reward. It's like a bad wifey or hubby, you don't dare to quit because of what could be in your mind but will never be in reality, to the point your only happiness is in a dream or aoc 2.0 heheh.
    This wasn't true when the game didn't suck, and I'm talking about 2010, you want the gear, you earn it, and you have to play solo, raid and do 6 mans to get it, and a lot of it was challenging content. This is a rather recent thing that started with the world boss and has continued to the raid finder which has ruined PvE.

As in 2016 you're not wrong there at all and current players are either aware of that and enjoy it for what it is or are masochists. The game has no substance anymore and and there's no coming back from the mistakes they've made.
    Last edited by Evito; 2nd December 2016 at 12:08.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    This wasn't true when the game didn't suck, and I'm talking about 2010, you want the gear, you earn it, and you have to play solo, raid and do 6 mans to get it, and a lot of it was challenging content. This is a rather recent thing that started with the world boss and has continued to the raid finder which has ruined PvE.

As in 2016 you're not wrong there at all and current players are either aware of that and enjoy it for what it is or are masochists. The game has no substance anymore and and there's no coming back from the mistakes they've made.
    I remember serious discussions in the old days, about raid gear not being sufficiently superior to loot from Khitai dungeons. But these were educated discussions, which focused on incentive effects (you need to give people incentives to invest time in raids) versus appropriate rewards (as, prior to the big nerf, some Khitai dungeons were considerably more demanding on the individual player than raids).

You cannot have an educated discussion about the mess we are in now. The incentive effects are counterproductive from a business perspective (as players are not incentivised to form social bonds, which are the main contributor to player retention in MMOs), and the risk-to-reward balance is just a joke. What makes me scratch my head though is that none of the business people at FC seems to be concerned about this. But I guess further losses don't really matter as long as sugar daddy pays...
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Aecho View Post
    Yess!! <3

I agree with the majority of things Zeuss, Redd, Lurvi, and Aecho are saying; but I stopped expressing my opinion after I realized there is no way back...
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by ReddsGhost View Post
    FC decided to force players into doing the most mind numbing / anti-social content for the best rewards in game, managing to kill every other part of AoC on the way.

AoC is among the best designed MMO worlds, unique, the best classes and combat system but somehow they decided not to promote all the quality stuff it has that sets them apart from other games but rather force everyone into the worst watered down, embarrassing recycled crap such as raid finder.
    hitting the nail on the head here.

draining what is left of a playerbase so greedily. instead of keeping the game healthy, which matters. Not only for exisiting players, but there are players returning. I see on youtube very often, names with thousands of subs doing a replay/review of the aoc of today, or trying it out for the first time. Like reddsghost said, it's still a totally unique game, almost 10 years after.

I mean, raid finder and arena wouldn't be bad additions to the game. sadly they are so poorly tuned, and forced on us... I feel we were close to getting fixes done to the arena, as the devs at the very least were answering some PMs we sent after its release, but now it's completely out of reach.
    With raidfinder, we were pleading not to make those rings/tokens RF exclusive, but not a single response...

lacking communication, what is next? is there something community manager could do? =)))
    Last edited by Lurvi; 3rd December 2016 at 20:32.

Quote Originally Posted by ReddsGhost View Post
    I came to the point where regardless of how wrong it is I couldn't care less if FC would gave t6 set and legendary ring on claim right after killing Saddur, if that makes majority of players happy, fine they still won't be any better though.

The problem I see here is that some highly educated and skilled scientist at FC decided to force players into doing the most mind numbing / anti-social content for the best rewards in game, managing to kill every other part of AoC on the way.

AoC is among the best designed MMO worlds, unique, the best classes and combat system but somehow they decided not to promote all the quality stuff it has that sets them apart from other games but rather force everyone into the worst watered down, embarrassing recycled crap such as raid finder.

The intention is clear though, give the best reward and force decent players to carry afkers, trolls, noobs and all other incompetent anti social players that hate improving on the way to their precious loot. That's how Funcom envisions creating social interactions in AoC, isn't that great?
    They are afraid of letting players get Atlantean Shards in any alternative way, because apparently there would be no good players left to carry RF dwellers to their shinny pixels.

But have we all forgotten about the Arena fiasco already?
    Just another short sighted addition that did nothing but destroy more any social activity. It was 'fun' looking at hordes of zombies waiting in queue to solo farm the same pet all over again and get their shinny necklaces. 'Some' players predicted the outcome that once everyone gets their necklace it will be abandoned and forgotten. It was just another way to waste resources and deliver the content that was cheap, unpolished, useless, anti-social with no real reply value. Should I remind you that they literally ignored all the feedback on TL?

It was an opportunity to create some interesting multiplayer experience but instead it ended up being boring solo grind fest with the best rewards.

Regarding RF, many of us gave suggestions to provide alternative ways to get Atlantean shards that would revive 6 mans and normal raids across all tiers, but again it felt like talking to the wall. The most important thing is to maintain RF as the most dominant feature in game at all costs. Who cares about other aspects of the game, guilds, meeting and communicating with other players, doing 6 mans, raids, achievements, challenges...

I can see the pattern here, the worst content gives the best rewards, no alternatives for players that enjoy normal groups and raids. Funcom logic.

AoC in 2016 = rush to lvl 80 (or buy one) >> farm WB to get epics >> farm arena to get the best neck >> farm raid finder to get legendary rings and T4 gear >> go forums and whine how T5 and T6 should be nerfed casue too hard! (the rest of the game is rendered useless)

PvP has been dead for years, but now you can safely say that they destroyed PVE as well.
    Good job, keep it up!
    I agree on all.. but not much to say really.. they completely destroyed PvE as well, after PvP was already dead.
    Personally, I stopped playing also for personal real life stuff.. but moving from playing a game 40+ hours per week to ZERO - ZERO, I haven't logged on for months - means they really have destroyed everything.

Sad to say, for real.. makes me said to write this after all the time spent in game during last few years, but playing this game now is completely dumb, as the game is.

Not that wasting time on a videogame ever deserved a nobel prize.. but at least this game was challenging, fun.
    Now it's seriously 100% a waste of time imo.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 3rd December 2016 at 21:06.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

..and it's not going to improve

"The trend of slowly declining revenues on the
    current Live Game portfolio is expected to continue
    as in previous quarters due to the ageing of the
    games. The Company will continue to support the
    current Live Games as long as they continue to
    contribute positively to the Company’s results"

Source: http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...rt_2016_Q3.pdf

Cheers Euklid

Quote Originally Posted by Euklid View Post
    ..and it's not going to improve

"The trend of slowly declining revenues on the
    current Live Game portfolio is expected to continue
    as in previous quarters due to the ageing of the
    games. The Company will continue to support the
    current Live Games as long as they continue to
    contribute positively to the Company’s results"

Source: http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...rt_2016_Q3.pdf

Cheers Euklid
    Free "translation" : "This is going to ****,eventually we 'll pull the plug unless by some miracle players sub our unattractive sub vs f2p model"

I thaught raid finder and giving "the casual masses" what they want would increase the revenues...what in the world went wrong?Could it be the awesome shop ?Could it be the lack of content?Could it be the crap content additions that made 90% of the rest of the game obsolete?NO!It's Ageing....purely !
    Last edited by -Shink-; 4th December 2016 at 01:50.

For me its simple, they stopped having any interest in this game other then to collect the few subs they still receive , AoC is nothing but a cash grab to work on other games, has been ever since TSW , the updates they release are sloppy and lazy, easy cheap content to keep the remaining subs paying, They can not even be bothered to reply on the forums 99% of the time, is zero activity from them , Hell look how long the new sub revamp has taken, its beyond a joke , This was a great game back in the day, but Funcom insist on giving us the content they think we want, not the content we actually ask for, For how long has the PvP community been asking for more mini maps, more pvp lvls, pvp vanity gear and so on, In Pve, whats being planned for the next Tier of raiding, they just sit there in silence cashing our subs and putting it into other ventures, Now more then likely Conan Exiles, but who is going to trust them and buy that , only the most die hard would be foolish enough to trust them to come up with the goods there as well.

Funcom i love the way you bought Conan to life, but you lost your way a long long time ago...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast