Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 5.1: Slithering Chaos Consolidated Feedback & Known Issues thread

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    And loose a slot for another buff? Why would anyone want that?

Offhand chance and heal rating are also fine? What class can benefit from BOTH buffs?
    One Buff alone is OP enough so why shouldnt you farm a while to get 2 buffs

dont make any sense for me to get 2 buffs for free without hard farm

any1 know the stats for 4x ashur and 4x silence falls ?

110 hate decrease for silence falls iirc
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

Addendum:

The difficulty seems to depend a lot on class setup, especially on the second boss, for example:
    - A DT apparently can avoid the death ray on the second boss, whereas a Conq's or Guardian's bubbles are completely useless against it.
    - A HoX can eat death rays and self-rezz, again more or less circumventing an essential boss ability.
    - A Necro can deal much more damage on kiting duty than a ranger or demo can.

There also seem to be some spots with allow some "geometry things" (<- this would be a hint to the Devs to get in contact if they care(d).)

In my opinion: design flaws. Bosses shouldn't vary that great in difficulty for different classes. Probably only tested by a very small number of groups and balanced with these specific setups in mind...
    Last edited by Khaletohep; 29th October 2016 at 11:47.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

The way Funcom unbalances their Soldiers is unexplainable.

Conqueror and Dark Templar have a lot more DPS than a Guardian so any small group will start by giving preference to them.

Bosses in Slithering Chaos do consistent damage where Guardian Shield & Strike and Stall the Advance (Gold Perk) do not mitigate any damage - therefore useless - leaving them only with Stand Your Ground, which has a very long cooldown - about 5 minutes. During these, Conqueror have one bubble that can be used two times and a second one, one time.
    Dark Templar has a nice prot buff if specced, a lot of leech heals that go well with any Boss that stops doing damage to do long casts and a Dread Shadow that works better than a Guardian-hate.

Total rubbish.
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

Quote Originally Posted by KephaPT View Post
    The way Funcom unbalances their Soldiers is unexplainable.

Conqueror and Dark Templar have a lot more DPS than a Guardian so any small group will start by giving preference to them.

Bosses in Slithering Chaos do consistent damage where Guardian Shield & Strike and Stall the Advance (Gold Perk) do not mitigate any damage - therefore useless - leaving them only with Stand Your Ground, which has a very long cooldown - about 5 minutes. During these, Conqueror have one bubble that can be used two times and a second one, one time.
    Dark Templar has a nice prot buff if specced, a lot of leech heals that go well with any Boss that stops doing damage to do long casts and a Dread Shadow that works better than a Guardian-hate.

Total rubbish.
    Eh, not sure if trolling.

https://youtu.be/pBe1G8foLec?t=1m3s

Look in 0.25 speed. When im using Stall the advance, the hits during stall the advance hit me for 750~, when stall the advance is out it hits me for 1400~, then im using strike and guard, and its doing around 900~, then when its out it goes back to 1400~.

And correction-police: Last stand*
    Last edited by magnum92; 29th October 2016 at 18:33.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by mgnnhm2008 View Post
    is there quest for Slithering Chaos gives you the epic ring that drops on the dungeon ?
    I didn't see it posted anywhere, so here's one for the conunitu.

The Slithering Chaos update brings 2 (?) new quests - from Alanza and from Yaqub-Har (damn, just like the update post said!).

I'm not 100% sure on ALL requirements, I'm basing it mostly on my playthrough with a character that did 99,99% of DS solo quests and the main Sepulcher quest. If anyone has a more comprehensible breakdown, please share.

1. The new quest from Alanza is just a simple one to complete SC and gives some useless rewards. I don't think it has any prereqs, except maybe completing DS main quest.

2. The new quest from Yaqub-Har is a longer one and harder to get. Before you can get it, you need to complete:
    - previous "main" quests in Coils (finding excavators), Sepulcher (getting the shard) and possibly SC (the new one from Alanza)
    - the "hidden" scorpion quest (guildie had to show it to me because I usually avoid mobs)*

When it's all done, you will get a new quest from Alanza to contact Yaqub-Har, who will send you on a quest to collect some stuff from Coils, then SC, then Sepulcher.

3. When you complete #2, Alanza will have a new dialogue option which immediately gives you a choice of rings based on your archetype (so f.e. PoM has a wis hr ring, wis dps ring and bs ring).

4. If some of this doesn't work for you, you probably need to complete DS main quest and maybe even the optional ones. IIRC even the basic quests for DS dungeons are not avialable right away. I also had one guildie complete the long quest for Yaqub-Har and still not get the ring from Alanza, so possibly you need to complete more quests tied to these two.

SPOILER:
    *look for an ordinary scorpion mob on the road between [Abasi] and oasis.
    Last edited by Misiuggah; 30th October 2016 at 09:50.

Any infos on the name/stat of the rings?
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

Quote Originally Posted by henryabccba View Post
    Any infos on the name/stat of the rings?
    These are the same rings that drop in the SC dungeon.

Last edited by Misiuggah; 30th October 2016 at 13:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    I didn't see it posted anywhere, so here's one for the conunitu.

The Slithering Chaos update brings 2 (?) new quests - from Alanza and from Yaqub-Har (damn, just like the update post said!).

I'm not 100% sure on ALL requirements, I'm basing it mostly on my playthrough with a character that did 99,99% of DS solo quests and the main Sepulcher quest. If anyone has a more comprehensible breakdown, please share.

1. The new quest from Alanza is just a simple one to complete SC and gives some useless rewards. I don't think it has any prereqs, except maybe completing DS main quest.

2. The new quest from Yaqub-Har is a longer one and harder to get. Before you can get it, you need to complete:
    - previous "main" quests in Coils (finding excavators), Sepulcher (getting the shard) and possibly SC (the new one from Alanza)
    - the "hidden" scorpion quest (guildie had to show it to me because I usually avoid mobs)*

When it's all done, you will get a new quest from Alanza to contact Yaqub-Har, who will send you on a quest to collect some stuff from Coils, then SC, then Sepulcher.

3. When you complete #2, Alanza will have a new dialogue option which immediately gives you a choice of rings based on your archetype (so f.e. PoM has a wis hr ring, wis dps ring and bs ring).

4. If some of this doesn't work for you, you probably need to complete DS main quest and maybe even the optional ones. IIRC even the basic quests for DS dungeons are not avialable right away. I also had one guildie complete the long quest for Yaqub-Har and still not get the ring from Alanza, so possibly you need to complete more quests tied to these two.

SPOILER:
    *look for an ordinary scorpion mob on the road between [Abasi] and oasis.
    i did the quests 1 and 2, on 2 characters, which i'm sure have done all the quests in ds, but i did't get the 3rd one on any of them... weird...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast