Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 5.1: Slithering Chaos Consolidated Feedback & Known Issues thread

Yupp. Did Caravan once with two color-blind players. Have posted about that before - about 8% of males in Northern Europe is color-blind. That's a significant percentage of the customer base.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness

One may welcome that they didn't base this new boss on colors. But still, it's a continuation of a long series of bosses whose mechanics were largely based on movement.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    AI district: General of many colors
    Iron Tower: Pillar of many colors
    Caravan Hideout: Sarcophagi of many colors
    Uban Kathingy: Disco of many colors

Now:

Slithering Chaos: Jumping on stones without any colors.

Yay, excitement...!
    Ai - where is the movement except of running in circles?

iron tower: where is the movement except of running in circles?

Caravan Hideout - well atleast a little bit but only running no fighting

ubahn - well run and then fight - doesnt count as movement - but i agree the boss would be a lot of fun except of that loooooong color phase ****^^

------
    Now in slithering chaos you have to heal, fight and run at the same time or run, tank, and dps and so on

its far more refreshing to be nearly everytime on the move and heal your ass of while your running (thats btw also a fun part that you rly need to heal your solotank - its a good balance)

thats what i understand is movement in pve content - doing everything the same time
    ---------

Of course everyone has a different taste but for me the boss is a lot of fun and even if we wipe 8 times on the 2nd boss because of some stupid **** i never got frustrated or bored.

1h30min for an instance it is suposed to be cleared in 8min sound like a lot of time but thanks to the possibility to run around, time goes a lot more faster^^
    --------------

the bosses are theoretically very very easy but i guess the balance is very good. i like fast bosses where you can wipe very fast but are also dead very fast
    Last edited by Mirosch; 25th October 2016 at 21:46.

Glad to hear that you, personally, like it. Some people like jam on cheese.

And now the question you seem to forget: Do you think that most people share your skills and l33t sk1llz?

It's the same fallacy each time. Some new content comes out. A hundred players look at it. Ten like it. Ninety don't - and leave. The ten players feel totally l33t. Then they start complaining that there're too few players in the game. Getting tired of this.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

And then there is that one guy that complains when he feels challenged for a change, when literally every single piece of content produced in the last year has been casual solo garbage. Making Slithering another solo-pug-no-mic dungeon would just be more of the same.

You are right that content that pleases everyone does not exist. Different people have different taste. Lately we have had tons of one type of content to please the 'instant gratification crowd' that only cares about the reward in the end, and not about the fun of the content itself.
    The majority of my friends that enjoyed to play the game the way it was meant to be played have quit for that reason in the last 6 months but I guess that is good cause they were only ruining it for the 90/100 with their '1337 Sk1llz'. They totally weren't the ones paying and playing for 6+ years, creating and leading guilds, writing strats, making community websites, leading raids and starting groups... /s
    Now we get a small bit of harder content that would appeal to those people and suddenly it's elitist and destructive to enjoy challenges and strive for constant improvement of yourself and your team. As far as I'm concerned Slithering Chaos is way too easy and should get a buff.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 26th October 2016 at 07:17.

Guides and videos... Your friends, you and me, too, Caudillo. And again: I refuse to play in guilds that think of themselves as "top" 'cause I don't like the attitude in most groups of that kind - have enough of that in real life, don't need it in a game, too. But in the grand scale of things, I'd be considered a hardcore player in a hardcore guild.

I, too, am sad that many players left. Lost good friends that way, and quite a lot of them over the past seven years. But I think community and Funcom should learn from that, not run into the same direction again and again.
    World bosses, the raid finder, pokemon arena and slithering chaos apparently were meant to tackle some of the problems and create content that appeals to as much players as possible. Despite all the rage, despite all the complaints, especially the "l33t" players have their word boss cloaks, their arena necklaces, their raid finder rings and so on. The content isn't loved by all, but at least it's played.

I, personally, despise arena, only suffered through the world bosses by gnawing off my left leg and haven't done enough raid finders to get even a single ring. But I think I can understand why the content is there, and although I don't like it, it does seem to make some sense.
    I, personally, welcome a new 6-person-dungeon. When we wanted to do a dungeon in the guild in the past two years or so, there was little reason to do so in regard to loot, as T4 had made everything else pretty much obsolete.
    But I don't like Slithering Chaos so far. It just doesn't seem well-made to me, and in my opinion will not appeal to many players. There needs to be content for the "l33t" players, too, I see that. But seriously - do you really like Slithering Chaos graphics and mechanics or do you just like it 'cause it's new?
    There will always be somebody to praise whatever new things comes out because he or she was there before everybody else and feel so l33t 'cause of that. Somebody will see the rehashed boss mechanics as unique and innovative. And have your fun - to each his own. But I doubt we'll see much chaos groups in the long run. The loot idea may make a difference, but regarding the game itself, I found that about as boring as doing taxes, even though I had the pleasure to play with good friends and competent players. I think I'd have to be forced at gunpoint to suffer through that, to be frank, with some random schmocks gathered from global.
    Maybe that's me getting (being) bored with the game. Maybe I'm getting too old to jump through hoops for just another pixelated power item. But I think it's a broader issue and the content will fail to appeal to most hard core as well as casual players in the long run. You don't have to agree with me - again, to each his own. We will see how things turn out.
    Last edited by Khaletohep; 26th October 2016 at 07:48.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

My feedback about the new instance:

- Lower the CD from 4h. When you arrive home after work, you only can do one run.
    - Particles in the adds are not rendering properly.
    - Second phase is harder for the group, because the casting time of the spells is too short to react quickly in some cases.
    - Third phase is harder for the tank, because the damage is too high.
    - Legendary gems lottery is horrible. I feel like it will take me an eternity to get what i want for my rings. Perhaps you can remove useless combinations, or give higher chance to the combination of buffs already available in the T6 weapons/necklaces.

is there quest for Slithering Chaos gives you the epic ring that drops on the dungeon ?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    blah blah blah elitists blah blah blah.
    Out of curiosity,have you been in one of those guilds ever?How do you know whats the attitude ?

P.S : I did slithering once,not really interested to do it again and partly agreed with your feedback.For example i dislike playing super mario in AoC too.However the dungeon is nowhere near "hard" when players have the mechanics down and those that take silly amounts of dmg at last boss still miss something.Now if someone doesn't want to spend some time figuring those..oh well..i bet there will be a guide out soon enough...

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    ...those that take silly amounts of dmg at last boss still miss something.Now if someone doesn't want to spend some time figuring those..oh well..i bet there will be a guide out soon enough...
    That is not truth. Even if you enter into the the protection circle to avoid the damage from Seethe, you still get a lot of damage from Horrors of Yig alone, and the attacks during the melee phase are doing a lot of damage too.

Quote Originally Posted by tronkita View Post
    That is not truth. Even if you enter into the the protection circle to avoid the damage from Seethe, you still get a lot of damage from Horrors of Yig alone, and the attacks during the melee phase are doing a lot of damage too.
    Yet all kinds of players kill the boss several times a day, solotanked it with 1 healer the other day. Sometimes it can hurt alot on the 2nd one if both healers use their healingcandy on the same one, but thats an error that should be peneltied, comon how can u think its too hard when its cleared daily by casual to t6 players.

And if u die with offtank i get even more confused.
    Last edited by magnum92; 26th October 2016 at 11:21.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast