Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not a Nice Hello

Default Not a Nice Hello

Hello,

Tonight I logged in for the first time. I asked a "how do i do..." question and was responded with a series of "LOLS." After about 30 mins of being ignored I logged out, this was not a great way to be introduced to a new game/community.

Gonna uninstall and wish everyone well.

J

People are not used to new players these days. I guess they thought you were a veteran trolling

Also note that global is a cesspit, especially when the "pvp-players" are around.

Always ask questions in New player help(NPH) channel.
    I am Stian ingame...

Were you on the pvp server? It's my experience on Crom, the pve server, that while you might not get an immediate reply and might get a lol or sarcastic reply at first, you will get several helpful answers long before 30 minutes has passed.

If you started on Fury - try again on Crom.

Also, be prepared for some tough customers in global. Lot's of bored PvP players waiting for a match, trolls, spammers and last, but not least, racists. It's just like in the news - a global community, unified in hate.

But there're also nice people out there. Maybe join a guild - guildies tend to be much more helpful.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Not sure if serious "Join Date 5th March 2013".. Oh well, you should had tried the forum first.. I guess.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    Also note that global is a cesspit, especially when the "pvp-players" are around.

Always ask questions in New player help(NPH) channel.
    bs pvp players are often helpful, they usual just flame each other.
    Kinaputten

I know it is hard to believe, but pve players are just as bad as some pvp players. There is no need to blame pvp players for the comments coming from the Crom crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloejinn View Post
    I know it is hard to believe, but pve players are just as bad as some pvp players. There is no need to blame pvp players for the comments coming from the Crom crowd.
    The assumtion that PvP players are more aggressive than PvE players is about as easy and obvious as noticing that things tend to fall downwards, not upwards. And aggression finds its expression in words, too.

There are exceptions, of course. But as a broad generalisation, it is perfectly okay.
    Preconceptions are a dangerous thing. But some of them are just common sense. Women are smaller than man on average. US Americans tend to be taller and larger than Italians. There're more soccer hooligans than spear throwing hooligans (although that would be somewhat awesome).

I've played on PvP and PvE servers, and believe you me, PvP communities at least in this game are kind of toxic - even more so than community as a whole in AoC.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

On crom i see MUCH more aggression from pve players to pvpers than vv. On fury there are no pve players, only pvp. You just interpret "pvpers" wrong. If i will go 1 dungeon a day i will not be counted as pve player and same if a kind of retard plays 1-2 minis and after that start to flame half a day in global it doesnt mean he is pvper even if he talks about pvp. 90% shittalk of crom global comes from people i never seen on minis.
    Last edited by Jerohn; 15th October 2016 at 10:42.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast