Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monitor Screen Turns Black within 15 Minutes of Login Every Day

Default Monitor Screen Turns Black within 15 Minutes of Login Every Day

I have had an ongoing video issue with AOC. When I initially log in, the screen turns completely black (but with sound) within the first 15 minutes of my session. The only way to resolve the problem is to shut down the PC and restart, log back in, and then relaunch the AOC client. After I log in the second time, the game runs normally for the rest of the day until the login the following day. The next day I log in the game, the screen again turns black within 15 minutes and the process repeats itself.

I have a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 260 graphic card installed in my computer and I am running a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit operating system. I was also having problems with my NVIDIA driver crashing periodically but I found a free utility for the NVIDIA that does a clean uninstall (uninstalling the first time did not resolve that problem) and the graphics driver stopped crashing after I reinstalled it the second time. However, fixing the NVIDIA driver issue did not correct my problem with the black screen and the AOC client.

I have searched online for a solution but I wasn't able to find any clear instructions on how to correct this issue. Any suggestions?
    Guild 'House Jade Asp' - PvE server

i would try another gfx card =(
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

Try to set it to windowed mode from the patcher.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

that's smarter than me !
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Try to set it to windowed mode from the patcher.
    I will try that, but I prefer to play in full screen mode. Thank you.

I adjusted the screen resolution and changed the settings to Windowed (Full Screen) but I have the same issue. I will try changing the settings back to DirectX 9 tomorrow and see if that makes a difference.

if the settings don't change the problem it may be a driver or card issue =(
    try to have someone lend you a gfx card and try to see if the problem still happens
    Hungry Bear.

It can also be something about your power-saving options. Disable any on the graphics card and see if it helps.

• To get to the power options, press the Windows key.
    • Type "power options".
    • Press "Enter".
    • Click "Change plan settings" next to your chosen plan.
    • Click "Change advanced power settings".
    • Expand "PCI Express" and set it to "Off".
    • Update your video driver.
    • Check if the PSU power is sufficient by removing some hardware (for example, two BD-ROMs (I usually have one only though) and an external USB drive).
    • Check that the power cables are in the video card (if a card has two, one might be displaced).
    • Ask your cat about his or her day. Do not question why: inexplicable actions sometimes help. Anzu can corraborate that this helps.
    • Do not threaten the computer, as it feels your mood.
    • Check if the video card is at its adequate temperature by using its software (Afterburner, Smart Doctor, etc., depending upon the brand).
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 7th October 2016 at 06:33.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Does this happen with any other game?

What kind of power supply are you running?

Why is the driver crashing? It shouldn't be.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    It can also be something about your power-saving options. Disable any on the graphics card and see if it helps.

• Expand "PCI Express" and set it to "Off".
    • Ask your cat about his or her day. Do not question why: inexplicable actions sometimes help. Anzu can corraborate that this helps.
    I set PCI Express to "Off" under Windows Power Settings. We'll see if that makes a difference later today.

I don't have a cat. I am not a "cat person."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast