Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game crashing everytime switching zones / instances.

Default Game crashing everytime switching zones / instances.

Everytime I go to vanaheim or other zone my game gets error and crashes. Happens when I try to join raid finder also. Got a picture of the error : https://gyazo.com/a20b57b260f260739b6c84086d837941

Not sure about the error but I would suggest to check for corrupted data firstly. Most probably you will be getting the message before the launch of aoc. Unfortunately this will take some time
    Jenyu - Assassin
    Lutheor - Herald Of Xotli
    Destiny

"Now you see me, now you don't"

Quote Originally Posted by Dewulf View Post
    Everytime I go to vanaheim or other zone my game gets error and crashes. Happens when I try to join raid finder also. Got a picture of the error : https://gyazo.com/a20b57b260f260739b6c84086d837941
    Could you provide more information?

The following would help us better determine your problem.

Current operating system: (Windows 10, 7 xp, Linux etc)
    Current Video card brand and model if known:
    Current CPU brand and model if known:
    Current amount of physical RAM if known:

Also make sure to update all drivers for your devices. Such as graphics card. Be sure your OS is upto date

A common problem many players face is shortage of RAM, This game came out in 2008 when 4 gb was sufficient for most games or applications. Unfortunately it was not sufficient for age of conan and this resulted in many players giving up early on, so if you only have 4 gb of ram or less you will encounter memory leaks and crashing. The true recommended level of ram required to efficiently run age of conan without problem is 8 gb at a minimum. 16 GB is recommended. Suffice to say this game was ahead of its time.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Yesterday the game started to freeze every time I loaded a zone. Stuck for about 40-60 sec (when alt-tabbing during that period even Windows was pretty much frozen).
    Then it suddenly comes back/unfreezes.
    I recently came back after quite some years of and really started to enjoy the game.
    Especially the loading time on a SSD was 3-5 sec between zones prior to yesterday (I played the game on a HDD in 2008-2009 and every loading screen was a potential bio break back then). :-)
    But this isn't long load times, but something that freezes the game completely for up to around a minute, whichis a pain when you switch a lot in places like Tortage.

The only culprit I can think of is that I'm running Strange UI. But that also worked fine two days ago?
    And playing the game without a custom UI is out of the question, so I hope it isn't that?

I'm hoping the server restart today is gonna clear it. Also might be related to the patcher download issue in another thread?

As I said, playing for about a week and it was fine and smooth as butter up till yesterday, so something happened.

I'm running Win 10 Pro x64 (all updates installed)
    CPU is Intel 3570K at stock speed (4 cores)
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 4 GB ehrm...3.5 GB VRAM (driver updated)
    8 GB RAM

I haven't enabled it as far as I know?
    Just installed Strange UI without modifying any files, as I understand SweetFX is disabled by default?
    Gonna try the game soon today and get back to how it's working.

Current operating system: (Windows 10, 7 xp, Linux etc)
    -W10 with latest anniversary update
    Current Video card brand and model if known:
    - gigabyte gtx 760 windforce.
    Current CPU brand and model if known:
    -i7 2600
    Current amount of physical RAM if known:
    -16gb

---------------------------

I am using strange UI and reshade + sweetfx 2.0. Im gonna try play reshade disabled to see if it works.
    But pretty much my game gets this error everytime I get teleported to raid finder raid or vanaheim.

EDIT. uninstalling the whole reshade seemed to help.
    Last edited by Dewulf; 29th September 2016 at 19:02.

Ho sorry Stege, I read to quickly and I thought your post was from Dewulf. And since I knew he had reshade...

But don't worry, I confirm the whole SweetFX thing is optional and not installed by default. Strange UI should not crash the game in any way. However, you can try to deactivate aoc.exe (right click, execute as admin) and if it still crashes, then I can ensure you 100% that it is not caused by the UI.

Edit: @ Dewulf, I am sorry to read that. AoC looks so much better with reshade :/

Reshade 3.0 got released today, gonna try if it makes any difference.

@MisterClean I switch to Corruption UI and ran that for a while without issues. Default UI not giving me any issues either, so there's something with Strange that's causing theses freezes between loading zones?
    I'm gonna continue to investigate this, cause I enjoy Strange UI the most.

I did install the game via Steam, but that's only because the download of nearly 30 GB went ALOT faster than through the launcher.
    Since the game was installed I haven't used Steam though. Don't know if that could have any bearing on the issue, but I doubt it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast