Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When will fc understand?!

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    I'd like to add that the devs (yes, that's plural) read the Suggestion thread regularly, hence the recent cleanups.
    Theres only one dev Lol. You're not kidding anyone.

While they may *read* the thread, that doesn't mean any of it will be acted upon.

I don't believe anyone should expect anything for the rest of the year. Once the team is half gassed on Exiles, well maybe they will work on SC.

Funcom will never understand, they will never "get it."
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Theres only one dev Lol. You're not kidding anyone.

While they may *read* the thread, that doesn't mean any of it will be acted upon.

I don't believe anyone should expect anything for the rest of the year. Once the team is half gassed on Exiles, well maybe they will work on SC.

Funcom will never understand, they will never "get it."
    And the One dev Mussagana has been MIA, no posts or activity in quite sometime... Either hes on vacation or he quit/reassigned to some other project.

Its time for Funcom to admit that SC is vaporware (3+ years and just some images? its not even on TL for a 6 man -- how is that possible?)

And funcom just needs to say it. -- All development on AoC is done. I mean the last monthly dev letter was April.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Of course they read, thats why all the changes in arena, all the changes in fail finder to give at least tokens for other activities aswell for the people who refuse to take part in shitty content while nerfing the loot from it to not have 95% of the game obsolete.

All the changes in item shop to remove high end gear and idiotic op potions for people rich enough that have nothing to do with their money but support a greedy company.

And last but not least they read the suggestion thread when so many people asked them to start fixing the shitloads of bugs that are still here from day one....
    Last edited by zeuss; 19th September 2016 at 21:29.
    IVORY TOWER

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    And the One dev Mussagana has been MIA, no posts or activity in quite sometime... Either hes on vacation or he quit/reassigned to some other project.

Its time for Funcom to admit that SC is vaporware (3+ years and just some images? its not even on TL for a 6 man -- how is that possible?)

And funcom just needs to say it. -- All development on AoC is done. I mean the last monthly dev letter was April.
    Pls no! We need Slithering Yig Goodness! We let him in so now he better show himself!
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Personally, i think a good work on their engine for what is client side and what is server side will go a long way to improve their user experience so gamers consider their games more "seriously".

Also yes they created great games in essence but they released early and they fired everybody so the people left can't understand half AoC code and that is since many years.

When they released t4 and did an insane gear inflation in comparison to kithai gear on the request of the most avid raiders, they totally destroyed open world daily content done by the majority of players, making only people who can bear end game raiding at advantage and put the last nail in the coffin. After that they nerfed kithai instances so much it ceased to be interesting even just for the challenge.

I could say more but for now it's enough.

On a last note and it is a personal opinion, i think only the artists are really talented in funcom.

Regards, the most noob player in aoc.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobody View Post
    On a last note and it is a personal opinion, i think only the artists are really talented in funcom.
    That's no opinion. That's undisputable fact.

Also, yes. Funcom sucks and needs to sink asap for a net increase in human competence, we all already know. No need to keep repeating.

Quote Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
    Of course they read, thats why all the changes in arena, all the changes in fail finder to give at least tokens for other activities aswell for the people who refuse to take part in shitty content while nerfing the loot from it to not have 95% of the game obsolete.

All the changes in item shop to remove high end gear and idiotic op potions for people rich enough that have nothing to do with their money but support a greedy company.

And last but not least they read the suggestion thread when so many people asked them to start fixing the shitloads of bugs that are still here from day one....
    Fun fact, from FC's Q2/2016 report:

Quote Originally Posted by Funcom
    Overall investment in The Secret World in 2Q16 was temporarily reduced due to activities for Age of Conan and the new “smaller” game
    So basically, some TSW devs moved over temporarily to give us the raid finder and the item shop revamp. Now they are back on TSW, so good luck waiting for those fixes
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Fun fact, from FC's Q2/2016 report:

So basically, some TSW devs moved over temporarily to give us the raid finder and the item shop revamp. Now they are back on TSW, so good luck waiting for those fixes

So basically they allocated TSW resources to completely destroy AoC with item shop revamp and raid finder. lol good job.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    So basically they allocated TSW resources to completely destroy AoC with item shop revamp and raid finder. lol good job.
    Not only they have destroyed the AoC solo, raid, and group content; they also forced, as I can see from the signatures on the forum, a lot of veterans to leave. I assume someone at Funcom decided that the instant-gratification model proposed by Kellisia and Combat, whose instigating speech both in the game and on the forum was only directed at undermining the game, would be a great solution to a game that has had its revenue going down.

Yet, Funcom refused to notice how they themselves started the decline step-by-step, little-by-little with
    * XP potions in 2009-2010;
    * offline levels in 2010;
    * T3 debuffs in 2012 (I missed the T1 and T2 debuff, so I cannot speak about it);
    * even the proverbial "give back the key to Saddur" was a result of a minor step in the wrong direction that made people attack me on a personal level (I even received death threats for speaking about such problems in the game and no actions from moderators towards the perpetrator: they just asked me to shut up (I am not joking) and not answer it, not knowing how to deal with the situation);
    * skills like concentration, running speed removed;
    * world bosses introduced;
    * and finally, the worst kind, the accurst raid finder that, if used by veterans will only make them accept the change gradually, which will cause the game fall down into the pit.

Game directors like Joel Bylos (and, at a lesser degree, Craig, whose ridiculous propositions like giving PVP armor for free at 80 were controlled by the other department) at Funcom refused to see the whole picture and killed off the game with gradual steps that repulsed veterans and attracted a player whose attention span is at a good match with modern games like Call of Duty or Bejewelled (look at the daily rewards: that is a typical mobile-phone idiocy).

Anyway, Funcom will never understand it. Neither shall we. The steps towards AoC's demise are so minor that they do not reveal the whole picture until it finally hits everyone.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Not only they have destroyed the AoC solo, raid, and group content; they also forced, as I can see from the signatures on the forum, a lot of veterans to leave. I assume someone at Funcom decided that the instant-gratification model proposed by Kellisia and Combat, whose instigating speech both in the game and on the forum was only directed at undermining the game, would be a great solution to a game that has had its revenue going down.

Yet, Funcom refused to notice how they themselves started the decline step-by-step, little-by-little with
    * XP potions in 2009-2010;
    * offline levels in 2010;
    * T3 debuffs in 2012 (I missed the T1 and T2 debuff, so I cannot speak about it);
    * even the proverbial "give back the key to Saddur" was a result of a minor step in the wrong direction that made people attack me on a personal level (I even received death threats for speaking about such problems in the game and no actions from moderators towards the perpetrator: they just asked me to shut up (I am not joking) and not answer it, not knowing how to deal with the situation);
    * skills like concentration, running speed removed;
    * world bosses introduced;
    * and finally, the worst kind, the accurst raid finder that, if used by veterans will only make them accept the change gradually, which will cause the game fall down into the pit.

Game directors like Joel Bylos (and, at a lesser degree, Craig, whose ridiculous propositions like giving PVP armor for free at 80 were controlled by the other department) at Funcom refused to see the whole picture and killed off the game with gradual steps that repulsed veterans and attracted a player whose attention span is at a good match with modern games like Call of Duty or Bejewelled (look at the daily rewards: that is a typical mobile-phone idiocy).

Anyway, Funcom will never understand it. Neither shall we. The steps towards AoC's demise are so minor that they do not reveal the whole picture until it finally hits everyone.

Some of these things - like increased XP gain and nerfing of older content - would be understandable in a game with constantly increasing level-cap (like World of Warcraft), because otherwise a new player would be faced with an ever-lengthening road to catch up with veteran players and the current endgame. This would scare off many new players which is clearly undesirable.

In AoC on the other hand the level cap hasn't been increased since the game was introduced and new content and higher raid-tiers are added at an unfortunately slow pace. Thus there is no need to speed up leveling - the time needed to hit level-cap is no longer now than it was a few years ago. On the contrary faster leveling means that one will often outlevel content before even starting it - which makes playing the game more boring IMNSHO.

Making it easier to obtain top-end gear means that many players will think they are ready for the top-end raids even though, as has been noted by many, the player skills may not yet be up to par and would have benefited from running the lower-end raids first. Or, even worse, they get high-end gear and then decide they are done with the game.

It is also bad for those of us interested in the story and content for its own sake - and not just as a method of gaining XP and gear - since it means that fewer people will be interested in running the older dungeons and other group content, thus making it harder to find groups for them.

The majority of the changes (as opposed to adding of new content) to AoC over the last few years have actually all made the game worse rather than better which I doubt was the intention. (With the caveat that better is of course quite subjective.)

World bosses, for example, were a fun addition, but when they are up a whole week every single month it quickly becomes too much. That makes for nearly a quarter of the time that people are too busy chasing world bosses to do anything else. Having all of the world bosses up for a week or two around the game's anniversary (and only then) would be much better - and also actually give us something special for the anniversary which hasn't always been the case...

I would also like to note that making the game more like "every other" MMO out there also means competing directly with those other MMOs for player attention - many of which have bigger budgets. Sometimes it is better being a niche game since that often means a much more stable player-base. This is extra true for older games since they will have a harder time attracting new players and therefore should be very cautious about not driving off veterans.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast