Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Completely New Player: Crom or Fury

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    The pvp quality is insanely low . Far worse than on Crom .
    I don't know where all those people suddenly have come from, but I have been playing a bit (with my pvp2 sin) and had a few of the worst minis with some of the worst players this game has ever seen. And when you say "some players" then its already a high percentage of Fury's active population.

It is infested with Decap slaves , Rangers and Casters that are even unable to play those classes , can't look on a map and on top probably don't even know that there is a group chat
    Tis better to have bad players than no players my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Sloejinn View Post
    I need a New computer now that I am back in the States, Damn It!

So that's why I haven't seen you on. Thought you went to Crom. Yea get a new puter man and come hang
    Last edited by Laethiel; 24th September 2016 at 23:14.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    Have you been on many raids?...
    sorry just saw this continuation to my reply... I do a lot of raids yes, with Raidleaders I like and respect. Elitism in Raids? I don't go n pugs much but if that exists then that is a problem with the Raidleader (a single person), not the server (a group of people preferring to play the game in a certain way). There is absolutely no correlation.

I still don't see where this came from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gankosaurus View Post
    ...for servers if u go crom be ready to be called nab ...
    ... 90% won't group with u in pve as they want it easy an smooth ...
    Maybe it was my fault for thinking Gankosaurus had it mixed up because that is so very unlike the Crom server that I know, my first reaction was he made a mistake.

I honestly don't know much about Fury. I had a toon that went as far as White Sands. But global chat was almost non-existent and besides if you guys knew I was an alt from Crom maybe you'd have been hostile towards me - as Gankosaurus pointed out

Quote Originally Posted by Gankosaurus View Post
    ..come fury and be welcomed apart from crom players on fury alt they hostile...
    Yup, it seems there is no elitism in Fury.

Crom, on the other hand, don't care much about PvP (players and PVP in general). No hostility, but we won't be kneeling on our knees in worship as PvP Gods pass by either. Those who like PvP do it, those who don't won't - simple.
    We know we can just ignore all the trash talk in global if we don't like it either

What we DON'T LIKE is people on Crom (maybe transfers or new players / toons) who start bashing people for not playing PvP. And I'm sure you know that some PvP players can be very antagonizing - that is what gives PvP (in general) a bad name on Crom. AS you said in a different post Laethiel, to each their own preference. I'm sure you enjoy what you're doing as much as we enjoy what we're doing.

Default example of PvPer on Crom bashing PvE

Quote Originally Posted by chrizdc View Post
    ...What we DON'T LIKE is people on Crom (maybe transfers or new players / toons) who start bashing people for not playing PvP...
    Here is an example of the person described above. This is the kind of PvP player that gives PvP a bad name on Crom (I understand not all, I'm sure not most PvP players are like this). This guy (name changed to **PVP adherent**) posted on Crom Friday 11/25th to show his respect for the preference of players on Crom.

[Global] [**PVP adherent**]: this game looks dead as ****
    [Global] [**PVP adherent**]: first time logging in over a year
    [Global] [**PVP adherent**]: on a friday night and it looks on its deathbed
    [Global] [Crom player1]: then don't log for another year
    [Global] [Crom player2]: thank you for your observations
    [Global] [**PVP adherent**]: Np you pve peasants
    [Global] [Crom player2]: pvp asshat
    [Global] [**PVP adherent**]: you skids are the very reason why this game is dead
    [Global] [**PVP adherent**]: asking for garbage content
    [Global] [**PVP adherent**]: in a pvp game
    [Global] [Crom player3]: it's an inbwtween time. so yeah it's a bit dead at them moment, but within the next couple hours the server will pick up
    [Global] [Crom player4]: ah, another furyan troll
    [Global] [**PVP adherent**]: fkn ass backwards
    [Global] [**PVP adherent**]: game is pure trash
    [Global] [Crom player5]: lmao
    [Global] [Crom player2]: actually pvp killed the gam
    [Global] [**PVP adherent**]: cause of the shitter community pve peasants
    [Global] [Crom player6]: Well, bye then.
    [Global] [Crom player1]: aah, another pvp QQer, that explains it :P
    [Global] [Crom player7]: furyan? I like that term XD
    [Global] [**PVP adherent**]: no, PVE killed the game
    [Global] [**PVP adherent**]: you guys are awful
    [Global] [Crom player7]: THE FURYAN PLAGUEEEEE
    [Global] [Crom player6]: Well, bye then.
    [Global] [**PVP adherent**]: bunch of garbage players that cant compete
    [Global] [Crom player8]: go away then
    [Global] [Crom player9]: lol
    [Global] [Crom player8]: we don't want to spend our time with tramps like you
    [Global] [**PVP adherent**]: Look at the Ranger class
    [Global] [**PVP adherent**]: they literally BUTCHERED it
    [Global] [**PVP adherent**]: for retards
    [Global] [Crom player1]: what l see is a pvp server shut down while this one si still on
    [Global] [Crom player3]: so you logged in just to troll and trash talk and then make comments about why the game is dead.. GJ
    [Global] [**PVP adherent**]: that keyboard turn
    [Global] [**PVP adherent**]: Brain dead.
    [Global] [Crom player7]: Nerves stop being so mad
    [Global] [**PVP adherent**]: i bet u there isnt even a single solid pvp player left playing this game after the destruction s*******n and his team did to this game
    [Global] [**PVP adherent**]: to cater to pure casual trash pve players
    [Global] [Crom player2]: Get a life you troll
    [Global] [Crom player6]: OK, bye then.
    Last edited by chrizdc; 26th November 2016 at 05:08.

He may be abit over aggressive in the way he write but he do have a point. This game would have been alot more successful if the devs focused more on pvp content instead of only pve like they did for years.
    Raised in Kheshatta.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyyr View Post
    He may be abit over aggressive in the way he write but he do have a point. This game would have been alot more successful if the devs focused more on pvp content instead of only pve like they did for years.
    Nah bruh.

They shoulda developed MOAR RP taverns cuz both pvp and pve skrubs ruined the game
    Semi-Retired
    Wiccana RP Forever
    Forum Stalker
    Forum PvPer

Hah i guess we all know who that is , some lovely canadian , with a guard as main who came from tyranny .
    Anyway he is right , even tho he didnt say it very nicely
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by Tyyr View Post
    ... he do have a point. This game would have been alot more successful if the devs focused more on pvp content ...
    Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    Hah i guess we all know who that is ...
    Anyway he is right ...
    Well, that opinion would be something up for debate. BUT can be debated coherently. In a logical manner.

The point though is - that is an example of the sort of behavior that gives PvP a bad name to most of Crom.

Compare that to Tyyr, for example. I've seen you around. I'm sure most people know you are a PvP player - but I'm sure no one minds you being one. Even when you want to prove your point that PvP is fun/good/better you don't go around antagonizing people (except maybe your enemies, idk ).

Sometimes i do RF and people there show exactly the behavior that is known for "giving pvp a bad name" .
    Same to WB.
    So it has nothing to do with personal preference . It's just that a lot of pve players get bashed for not being really useful with keyboardturning and combo clicking (which is fine for pve , but sucks for pvp) and therefor hate it
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Well bummer.

I am a very new player with close to none experience with AoC. Its great I love it. I started a character on Fury just finished Tortage and I'm going to hang myself if I have to take another step in the Acheronian Ruins. But...

So far I' ve only met higher level characters whom tried to gank me - which is fine on a pvp shard - but nothing else in the mmo sense. No communication, silence everywhere.

Im thinking to start over on Chrom but first I wanted to gather some information. So far I only found Pve vs Pvp postfights like this and am a bit confused. Both sides have good point worth to consider but this feud between pvp and pve players makes the informations questionable.

Should I stay on Fury and endure the leveling to 80? Is there a more lively community in the endgame?

Ty

Quote Originally Posted by Cormarc View Post
    Should I stay on Fury and endure the leveling to 80? Is there a more lively community in the endgame?
    No, fury is dead except for some minigames. Crom is the populated server. You'll encounter people while leveling and can find people running purist dungeons (characters at the intended level for the dungeon).
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast