Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old story and there is plenty of similar topics in here already.

Default Old story and there is plenty of similar topics in here already.

A problems to choose a class:

Okay, i have read some Guardian/DT(conqueror) comparize topics in here, and have try it to create Pros/Cons from a replies from a playerbase.
    I like personally tanking, and i used to have lv80 Guardian tank already back then. I have delete it, and left some bank alts from level range 54-65 or something BS,2xPoM).
    So i was talking a old friend in a game, and she suggested me to start a Conqueror, but only downside was 2h- tank spec wich just doesnt wanna ''fit in my head'' as i am maybe too old timer and prefer to see 1h/shield combination as a tanks, and 2h usually are a dps specs even they would be capable of tanking wich i am talking about a Conqueror class now. I only have reach to lv42 or so, but i can see it is already somewhat more versality, have a battle ress, banners etc...

So i better perhaps ask some advises and opinions from a other fellow players as there are far more experienced people in here in this game then i do. I have come back from a long break, and i have subscription running. Not really sure what would be a direct question, but i cannot get a feel to decide wich class i wanna play. (if Conqueror would be 1h.shield i would already decide wich one..hehe). A dark templar sounds really interesting class for tanking, as it not similar like (World of warcraft Deathknights with 2 hander as a tanking) wich i am really glad about it. So my tanking class got stuck in there also for a Warrior/Paladin(later on) and after a years of with a WoW i was able to make a Druid, but i just could not continue playing WoW itself anymore as is have been changed to something else then a mmorpg and wich it did offer back then.

Perhaps questions are ..
    1. Wich one i should pick Guardian or DT for tanking ? (also it would be good to know wich is less played class, and not a one wich is overpopulated by some OP skills,talent wich it does offer. I will focus more PVE rather then to PVP. ( ancient laptop and cheap mouse does not suite for a competitive PVP aspects, or i am just that bad...hehe). Also a class would need to be fair strong in a solo content or soloing a older dungeons as possible. (some dungeons are out of questions of they mechanisms like Black Castle has with its fire traps etc..).
    2. I have not really focused pure DPS class either a very long time, in wich i was thinking a berserker barb(solo as it does have some nice selfhealing). or assassin for a solo challenge i believe its a weakest of those ? (no ranger class please).
    3. Also should i do a ToS (healing) i dont wanna do another PoM and i have a friend who is using that class already, and same would perhaps go for a BS. A little bit unsure about BS. Also a question about ToS is it one of those over populated classes in a game ?

Thanks for advance already for a contsructive replies.

Quote Originally Posted by tratek83 View Post
    Perhaps questions are ..
    1. Wich one i should pick Guardian or DT for tanking ? (also it would be good to know wich is less played class, and not a one wich is overpopulated by some OP skills,talent wich it does offer. I will focus more PVE rather then to PVP. ( ancient laptop and cheap mouse does not suite for a competitive PVP aspects, or i am just that bad...hehe). Also a class would need to be fair strong in a solo content or soloing a older dungeons as possible. (some dungeons are out of questions of they mechanisms like Black Castle has with its fire traps etc..).
    2. I have not really focused pure DPS class either a very long time, in wich i was thinking a berserker barb(solo as it does have some nice selfhealing). or assassin for a solo challenge i believe its a weakest of those ? (no ranger class please).
    3. Also should i do a ToS (healing) i dont wanna do another PoM and i have a friend who is using that class already, and same would perhaps go for a BS. A little bit unsure about BS. Also a question about ToS is it one of those over populated classes in a game ?

In my opinion DTs are most populated pve tanks in game because they have no problems with aggro do insane dps even in tank spec in defensive stance, so if you want OP tank go for DT, if you want less populated class go for guardian I guess. About tos in pve its quite populated class, but imo there are more poms than toses in game both pve and pvp (in pvp tos is quite rare tbh since its not that easy as for example pom for pug pvp minigames)
    Thanatonn - Tempest of Set

Knights Of Avalon

Quote Originally Posted by Thanaton View Post
    In my opinion DTs are most populated pve tanks in game because they have no problems with aggro do insane dps even in tank spec in defensive stance, so if you want OP tank go for DT, if you want less populated class go for guardian I guess. About tos in pve its quite populated class, but imo there are more poms than toses in game both pve and pvp (in pvp tos is quite rare tbh since its not that easy as for example pom for pug pvp minigames)
    That is what i got out from a forum already. Thank you for a reply Thanaton.
    Its good that DT is not lack out a aggro controlling, but sometimes i feel have funcom just made it more simplicated i would have though that ''hateful strikes'' or what was it from a general tree would be actually required somehow. How is DT aoe capabilities in pve enviromnt like solo questing, grinding kills achievements, run older lower level dungeons for missing quests solo or something ?

Well PoM is amazing class i liked it also, but as i mentioned a friend of mine has one already. (she have been playing a long time and only had that one) so i better choose something else if we plan to together or somthing more offen. that i do know she is a missing a tank kind of so i was requested to test play conqueror. amazing class also, but i dont 2h tanking (it just doesnt look ''cool'' in my eyes) wich i already mentioned in my message. Maybe i also count out a ToS.

So it does kind of leave option Guardian/DT or Barbarian/assassin for DPS. (no hox or demo because they seems also so popular but really nice classes what i test play them few years ago..hehe). Thank you for a thoughs so far.

If you want to do T4 and lower raiding and 6 mans, DTs are the superstar class of the game. Conqs are the best utility toon, able to do high level dps, tank, and are the only class with a battle rez. Guards are the best tanks for the high end, high damage encounters. They can take more punishment than the other classes, but will do substantially less dps, so they have less utility.

Depends on what your goals are. If you don't even have an 80, I'd suggest you learn to play DT with tali. Easy to get in groups, solo content is faceroll easy.

Okay, i have read some Guardian/DT(conqueror) comparize topics in here, and have try it to create Pros/Cons from a replies from a playerbase.
    I like personally tanking, and i used to have lv80 Guardian tank already back then. I have delete it, and left some bank alts from level range 54-65 or something BS,2xPoM).
    So i was talking a old friend in a game, and she suggested me to start a Conqueror, but only downside was 2h- tank spec wich just doesnt wanna ''fit in my head'' as i am maybe too old timer and prefer to see 1h/shield combination as a tanks, and 2h usually are a dps specs even they would be capable of tanking wich i am talking about a Conqueror class now. I only have reach to lv42 or so, but i can see it is already somewhat more versality, have a battle ress, banners etc...

So i better perhaps ask some advises and opinions from a other fellow players as there are far more experienced people in here in this game then i do. I have come back from a long break, and i have subscription running. Not really sure what would be a direct question, but i cannot get a feel to decide wich class i wanna play. (if Conqueror would be 1h.shield i would already decide wich one..hehe). A dark templar sounds really interesting class for tanking, as it not similar like (World of warcraft Deathknights with 2 hander as a tanking) wich i am really glad about it. So my tanking class got stuck in there also for a Warrior/Paladin(later on) and after a years of with a WoW i was able to make a Druid, but i just could not continue playing WoW itself anymore as is have been changed to something else then a mmorpg and wich it did offer back then.

Perhaps questions are ..

you can tank in carnage spec (conq) but you'll have less mitigation than brute conqs, of course,dps will be higher (and you main aggro tool)... so if a 2h "doesn't fit in your head for tanking" maybe 2 swords does...
    but in defense of the 2handers, they were very good in defensive stances (speaking of real fencing) there is a reason they stopped using shields, and its because of the full plate armor... so in that scenario, longswords were used more...there were shields of course but real armor could mitigate allmost every blow...
    we are talking about the 15th century of course, in AoC there are still mammoths, and they went extinc 4000 years ago... two handed swords were not used before that period, not as they shown in game, lol.
    anyways...

answering you first question, i would go guardian, they suck at dps but very good at tanking, (all tanks are, but they become main tank more easily) they're less played, dt is perhaps the most played class in the game.
    but guardians are good enough to do any content, without problem, they are very good in pvp, and are not that gear dependant as the other two tanks...

Barbs are fun to play, good dps, good surviveability, tons of CC, easy to play... Sins are a bit more complicated, but for sure they have better DPS.

as for healing, i see more poms than toses, but healers are always wanted so play anything you want. but play it well...
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    Guards are the best tanks for the high end, high damage encounters
    there isnt any high encounter in this game where a dt(with right specc and equal gear) cannot do as good as a guard .
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!

Quote Originally Posted by sardanapal View Post
    there isnt any high encounter in this game where a dt(with right specc and equal gear) cannot do as good as a guard .
    well in that case! record yourself solotanking Emerald Leviathan

I think its true what Chillee says. Guards handle high burst damage better then a DT, think we can all agree on that. But it doesnt mean guard is the best tank for high end content tho. But from own experience in T6, Dts have a tendancy to suddenly drop and have to be saved in many situations, where a guardian can tank it for way longer alone. What i personally like the most with guardian is its ability to handle bigger pulls of adds in dungeons, since your aggrotools have very short CD, and you have huge amount of CCs to your disposal. The guard have less individual dps then dt, but while doing mastertimers in add-crowded instances it was faster with guard cause of the efficient addclearings, stronger initial aggro (allowing people to go max out right off the bat), and strong mellee dps buffs.
    Last edited by magnum92; 1st September 2016 at 14:25.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

R : Guardian : the guard is the basic tank, and the top to pve tanking

R: for me : choose barbarian. Barbarian is the most fun

3. Also should i do a ToS (healing) : YES if you want it, it's a good class in pve and pvp

Also a question about ToS is it one of those over populated classes in a game : no, i don't think
    FURY

Really nice comments was glad to read and learned a lot from all. So i wont be quete each a differendly, and will say thanks.
    I choosed to my main a guardian and i also made DT character to my (when i have time i will level it up). Then to a question how high i am targeting my playing. It really depends how far my ''skills'' can take me... so in other words far as possible if not start get jammed in RF mode, but PVP aspect is a one i wont be ever able to challenge a very best of them.
    Oh also for Belsvard, that would be more cool to tank with a two swords rather then while swinging huge 2handed weapon, but a question would be what playerbase would think about it if someone would consider a carnage to able to tank and have smaller defense system when compared intented tank specs. Idea would be cool, but i hope that funcom wont lower down a game mechanisms/requirements or make characters too powerful so that even intented a little tanky DPS classes would start to do a same job. This is not a negative response for you Belsvard, but just a thought.

Also for xBattleaxex that yes i will choose ToS when iget a feel its time for a alt: healer or a Guild of mine will ask me to do one. Also possibility that i just suck so badly in a tanking so i will make ToS..haha!!!
    Last edited by tratek83; 1st September 2016 at 15:13.

Really nice comments was glad to read and learned a lot from all. So i wont be quete each a differendly, and will say thanks.
    I choosed to my main a guardian and i also made DT character to my (when i have time i will level it up). Then to a question how high i am targeting my playing. It really depends how far my ''skills'' can take me... so in other words far as possible if not start get jammed in RF mode, but PVP aspect is a one i wont be ever able to challenge a very best of them.
    Oh also for Belsvard, that would be more cool to tank with a two swords rather then while swinging huge 2handed weapon, but a question would be what playerbase would think about it if someone would consider a carnage to able to tank and have smaller defense system when compared intented tank specs. Idea would be cool, but i hope that funcom wont lower down a game mechanisms/requirements or make characters too powerful so that even intented a little tanky DPS classes would start to do a same job. This is not a negative response for you Belsvard, but just a thought.

Also for xBattleaxex that yes i will choose ToS when iget a feel its time for a alt: healer or a Guild of mine will ask me to do one. Also possibility that i just suck so badly in a tanking so i will make ToS..haha!!!
    In carnage with all the physical mitigation feats you'll loose only 6% of the total armor you have at the moment, ofc you also loose some agro tools and CC... but with higher dps and FI stacking faster... your dps will be high enough to top some parses and the loose is marginal.
    meh...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast