Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Live Twitch Streaming PvP Week on Fury

so I watched few videos on your twitch with tos gameplay.....are you original owner of this char? Because last time I played on fury with my demo your tos was very good.....from videos seems to me you are quite too slow to react....you pop eye of the storm 5min cd when you are about to die anyway (waste) as pple said you dont use POTSR, you have slotted sff but when fully debuffed from tos or demo you dont use it man (waste of AA slot) seems like someone other was playing this tos before No offense tho

oh and pls dont write in team chat while your pple needs you on map really quickly or when you stand alone in the middle of the map and 3 enemies are coming to you
    Thanatonn - Tempest of Set

Knights Of Avalon

Quote Originally Posted by Thanaton View Post
    so I watched few videos on your twitch with tos gameplay.....are you original owner of this char? Because last time I played on fury with my demo your tos was very good.....from videos seems to me you are quite too slow to react....you pop eye of the storm 5min cd when you are about to die anyway (waste) as pple said you dont use POTSR, you have slotted sff but when fully debuffed from tos or demo you dont use it man (waste of AA slot) seems like someone other was playing this tos before No offense tho

oh and pls dont write in team chat while your pple needs you on map really quickly or when you stand alone in the middle of the map and 3 enemies are coming to you
    Of course I am the original owner. You can play on Fury and see my tos is still very good. But I digress. All feedback is appreciated. I never really relied on potsr except when battling sins. And I do use SFF . quite a bit. I was one of the earliest advocates of its use in pvp while other tempests would scoff at the mere suggestion. I know how valuable it is. Just so happens in that br mini i posted there were three tos and a demo pounding me in a most unpleasant place. The debuffs were flying fast.
    Live Twitch Stream - Fury PvP - US East Coast Prime Time - Rated MA

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    Of course I am the original owner. You can play on Fury and see my tos is still very good. But I digress. All feedback is appreciated. I never really relied on potsr except when battling sins. And I do use SFF . quite a bit. I was one of the earliest advocates of its use in pvp while other tempests would scoff at the mere suggestion. I know how valuable it is. Just so happens in that br mini i posted there were three tos and a demo pounding me in a most unpleasant place. The debuffs were flying fast.
    Okay...yeah I didnt want to be rude or something just seemed to me a bit clunky but nobody is perfect and I am not the one who should teach pple something I am still learning myself. But I didnt mean only BR video I watch your history videos on twitch quite often to see how to use something or for some tips you use sometimes. I meant even in other videos you seemed to slack at using it :P

Knights Of Avalon

@thanaton
    Try record yourself, and surely you'll be able to spot all sorts of mistakes. Seeing someone else's record probably won't be much different, except... you'll be watching with a different focus/perspective, spotting other things.

biggest mistake in your eyes, maybe the SFF-thing
    biggest mistake in my eyes, no use of POTSR
    what laethiel thinks is biggest mistakes are, I don't know, and it would be interesting to hear what he thinks, as IMO his reasoning isn't the best given he favors Thunder Storm feat. which is absolute shaait comparing to other feats, and he playing tos since release and haven't discovered Lightning Cast yet (I see him struggling to make consistent use of it, but props to him for listening to feedback and adding it to his build recently!)

but onto SFF again, personally I mostly use it when I have a wrack or a ruin. 5x stacks torment most of the time come from demo/conq/tos, and they will just reapply them again in no time anyways, which is not he case for wrack/ruins

@laethiel
    The totem torrent mini I saw couple of years ago I thought your stormfield/nebthu-timing and postitioning was completely off, making your presence in fights quite bad(to put it kindly). From the BR vid here saw, I thought it looked better, but no POTSR vs. demo/hox/tos? looses your momentum completely in the small window of opportunity to land those important nukes on multiple targets... instead you have to start running too soon. and some other time you were chased by a tos + barb, you could have easily won that with potsr against the tos and fangs the barb, since you had plenty teammtes around you, they would have died, instead you did, cause you diedtrying to run away from a barb with speedbuff when you could have relied on spellusage instead. With that said, I think your fangs use on the ranger is a good call thoughout the game.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 1st September 2016 at 09:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    what laethiel thinks is biggest mistakes are, I don't know, and it would be interesting to hear what he thinks, as IMO his reasoning isn't the best given he favors Thunder Storm feat. which is absolute shaait comparing to other feats, and he playing tos since release and haven't discovered Lightning Cast yet (I see him struggling to make consistent use of it, but props to him for listening to feedback and adding it to his build recently!)
    What do I think are some big mistakes made by tos? That's a tough one. I don't see too many tos on Fury these days. the ones I do see seem to be faring well enough doing their thing. I thought for a long time since the nerf that Storm blood is a worthless feat but I have been encountering a few tos who use it and I have found it to be a bit of a hindrance so I may invest a point back into that. Thunder storm or idol is pretty much it as far as my choices go in that particular tree. As far as LC I have known of it before back in the one shot days but never bothered with it because I stopped sing LS a long time ago in pvp. I admit I have not been keeping up with changes to the class over time and I do take good feedback when offered. I was not aware of the change to LC that permitted instant HL. I have found it to be moderately useful. And slip free i pretty much have running all the time. Mistakes i see other tos doing? hmmm... Facing me alone?

but onto SFF again, personally I mostly use it when I have a wrack or a ruin. 5x stacks torment most of the time come from demo/conq/tos, and they will just reapply them again in no time anyways, which is not he case for wrack/ruins
    I generally reserve it for removing wrack effects as well however when I do see 5 stacks of elemental torment on me I will pop sff as a defensive measure. In that br match there were too many torment stacks flying around for it to be effective. But it is still good at removing wracks.

@laethiel
    The totem torrent mini I saw couple of years ago I thought your stormfield/nebthu-timing and postitioning was completely off, making your presence in fights quite bad(to put it kindly). From the BR vid here saw, I thought it looked better, but no POTSR vs. demo/hox/tos? looses your momentum completely in the small window of opportunity to land those important nukes on multiple targets... instead you have to start running too soon. and some other time you were chased by a tos + barb, you could have easily won that with potsr against the tos and fangs the barb, since you had plenty teammtes around you, they would have died, instead you did, cause you diedtrying to run away from a barb with speedbuff when you could have relied on spellusage instead. With that said, I think your fangs use on the ranger is a good call thoughout the game.

If you're referring to some of the premade videos I made a few years ago then I can't disagree it was never easy for tempests to dominate in premades anyway, and I was always primary target. The Br video was just a pug at the end of the day but it was a fun a challenging pug and in the end it was a tie match so all in all a good time had by all. POTSR is not a spell i use regularly but I am working on incorporating it more into my rotation. To be honest I never really considered it being useful for much beyond negating soul detonation.

Like I said I am not opposed to taking advice and constructive criticism when offered. I have been off and on over the years and haven't devoted all of my time to just the tos class. It just so happens to be my favorite of the 12 classes. Thanks for all the tips.

p.s Someone asked me to put Audio on my mic. I am working on this. Webcam audio is garbage and I need a new mic.
    Last edited by Laethiel; 1st September 2016 at 16:54.

@thanaton

biggest mistake in my eyes, no use of POTSR
    never use lightning sparks also
    op channeling spell to pew-pew the runners

Quote Originally Posted by leopardo88 View Post
    never use lightning sparks also
    op channeling spell to pew-pew the runners
    with stormfield spec its great only to debuff pple nothing else.....SOMETIMES you use as filler maybe but thats quite rare

Knights Of Avalon

Quote Originally Posted by Laethiel View Post
    What do I think are some big mistakes made by tos?
    No, I meant by your tos, rewatching your own vids!

No, I meant by your tos, rewatching your own vids!

I don't need to watch my videos because I don't consider how I pvp to be rife with mistakes. How can it be? When I usually dominate the playfield and people love having me on their team because I am a good team player? I go out of my way to support my team because I believe a good healer should.

Sure we all mess up sometimes, have off days, or get on that "undesirable team" of all pvp 3s and 4s. Maybe we get focus fired a bit harder than usual, or have people go afk or get overwhelmed with the intensity, etc etc. It happens to us all.

I do well enough in this game that I don't spend much time delving on "possible mistakes" I may have made in a pug mini. I mean it's a pug mini. We really have very little control and mostly rely on people attempting to work together. It's kind of like that RF thing I hear about making the rounds. You get what you get and do what you can with it.

After a mini, win or lose, I just say "GG" and move on to the next match or whatever other thing may be going on without making a big deal about it. I find that the less I ponder about how well I or others are pvping the better I do and the team does as a whole. The more I forget that the more frustrating it becomes.

I am/try to be a laid back player these days. I just focus on the objective and make it so as best I can and support my team where I reasonably can. But admittedly even I get frustrated at times. But I never take it out on my team.

So to answer your question is impossible. It's all rooted in opinions. You have a certain opinion just like I have a certain opinion on how tos should be played effectively. Not everyone has the same play style. Granted i'm always open to suggestions. But at the risk of tooting my own horn, ask anyone on Fury if I have any problem playing the tos. The fact of the matter is I don't. So how can what I'm doing or how I PvP be a mistake when I do it so well? The results speak for themselves.

I don't know what impression you have of me but I don't always upload every match I play in, nor do I always stream when I play, to be honest I only upload videos I think are interesting and that may help promote the game or garner a laugh , not necessarily interested in videos where I topped out kill lists on even teams or destroyed the enemy team which happens a lot.

Twitch records everything I stream so it does end up being hours of raw footage on my profile but unless I highlight some of it, it will eventually be deleted and forgotten. I mostly use twitch for its cloud based recording feature so I don't have to use my own resources to record everything.

That being said I think there is always room for improvement in my case as well as yours or anyone elses. No one is perfect right?

I will continue to test out new builds and work on using postr more often. Just not into the habit of it. You know how it is. We develop habits and they stick. Especially when you devote countless hours to a class. You get to a point you feel as if you know everything there is to know but do you really know everything there is to know?
    Last edited by Laethiel; 1st September 2016 at 19:36.

I don't know how you can watch the gameplay, I just stare at that sexy head in the corner.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast