Thread: Shadow of Vanaheim

Default Shadow of Vanaheim

Has this seen any fixes, or improvements since it was launched?
    Been gone for the game for a long time and I'm hesitant to spend any money on it after I read the horrible reviews.

@ Mod
    Should be merged with this thread:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...light=Vanaheim

@ topic
    There have been some fixes, mainly regarding the texture bugs. The last boss is still very, very hard on some classes (e. g. Sin, Barb, BS) and laughably easy on others (e. g. Necro, ToS, Demo, PoM). The amount of grind has been lowered, esp. for premium accounts (due to +30% faction gain).

The rewards are absolutely great for some classes (BS, HoX), about equal to T4 for most and slightly below T4 for Necro/Demo.

If you want to do something with a small group (2-3 people) on a regular basis, the content is okay. If you like solo dungeons and have played the other ones until you can play them blind, Vanaheim will be okay. Else... questionable. It's only the price of a sandwich and coke, but on the other hand, a sandwich can be a damn tasty thing.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

I think Varangian Guards are bugged (or perhaps working as intended?): you can't stop their knock back (once they start casting it you get knocked back even if you run 100 yards or break line of sight and if you interrupt them, stun them, knock them back or kill them you still get knocked back) and their Avenger ignores line of sight and range. The same applies to some non-Vanaheim mobs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lok502 View Post
    I think Varangian Guards are bugged (or perhaps working as intended?): you can't stop their knock back (once they start casting it you get knocked back even if you run 100 yards or break line of sight and if you interrupt them, stun them, knock them back or kill them you still get knocked back) and their Avenger ignores line of sight and range. The same applies to some non-Vanaheim mobs as well.
    work, you can stop them with CC or run back them, if you run just away but in front of them you are knockbacked exactly as when in pvp one player complete is combo, also if you run away you get full damage!
    Victory or Death

Quote Originally Posted by lok502 View Post
    It's always been like that, so it's working. But it's one of the problems with this game. Too many CCs that completely disables you/others. You can put up some resistance (like Excellent Balance), but probably have to do it before you even attack, just in case.

But while we're on the topic of bugs, the Vanir Pathfinders are meant to be archers, but most of them have never fired a single arrow at me. Instead they run at me with their little daggers...

As for whether or not it's worth it, I think it's good fun. I don't like the final boss, and don't think abilities that literally one-shot you belong anywhere. There should always be some solution, but I have not found it in this case. Ylva and my Fu-Dog always kill Heimdall for me, while I'm bravely running away from him.

Ran this the last two days with my HoX. The feated interrupt for hellfire breath seems to work fine for avenger and the knockback. I can't vouch for other methods.

The *trick* to Hemdall is simply dps. Kill him before he kills all the tanking warriors and comes after you. Using the horns of course to stop his self dps buff. I had to change my feats to be more single target focused and make inferno instant cast for debuffing. Even if you can't kill him the lower he is the better as it's less kiting.

Edit: Er, instant inferno curse, not inferno.
    Last edited by Raeil; 17th August 2016 at 16:11.