Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T5 Vistrix nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    I guess it becomes easier once your raid is fully T5-T6 geared.
    ...and knowing just how much and fast you can ramp it up early on

Quote Originally Posted by yyema View Post
    ...and knowing just how much and fast you can ramp it up early on
    Hold off until first master's call and a bit after except maybe your teleport groups ,then go mental

@Shax84 and others

thx for all the tipps, I appreciate it!

t.b.h. I must confess that I didn't even know the shift-tab trick, still learning new tricks after 3 years of playing...

will keep those in mind and yell at healers when we try Vissy again after the summer break ;-)
    - sadly our HoX was kicked from guild due to insulting behavior, so I cannot forward those tipps :-/
    Last edited by Yorgomir; 18th August 2016 at 18:01.

Just a quick point:

T5 Vistrix probably killed at least our raid's progression into T5 several months ago. Frustrating to learn, as for each mechanic, 18 players have to sit and watch while 6 players fail over and over again until they learn what to do. Gets boring pretty quickly, and bored players don't perform well (or return to the raid).

Nerfing it may be good. However, travelling back in time to nerf it mid 2015 may be what's necessary.

In general, designers should - in my opinion - rely less on encounter specific mechanics to make a fight interesting or challenging. If people know how to play their class, that should be more or less enough.

Example:
    - Everybody has to push random button X (block, dodge, fire protection and so on) every 30 seconds -> bad.
    - Raid needs to reach and maintain a high total DPS to avoid an enrage timer -> good.

AoC's combat mechanics are tough and interesting enough to make for good fights without adding layers and layers of artifical difficulty on top of that. It's game design (i. e. trying to entertain somebody), not an olympic contest of creating the most convoluted, bug and lag prone Rube Goldberg machine.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Just a quick point:

T5 Vistrix probably killed at least our raid's progression into T5 several months ago. Frustrating to learn, as for each mechanic, 18 players have to sit and watch while 6 players fail over and over again until they learn what to do. Gets boring pretty quickly, and bored players don't perform well (or return to the raid).

Nerfing it may be good. However, travelling back in time to nerf it mid 2015 may be what's necessary.

In general, designers should - in my opinion - rely less on encounter specific mechanics to make a fight interesting or challenging. If people know how to play their class, that should be more or less enough.

Example:
    - Everybody has to push random button X (block, dodge, fire protection and so on) every 30 seconds -> bad.
    - Raid needs to reach and maintain a high total DPS to avoid an enrage timer -> good.

AoC's combat mechanics are tough and interesting enough to make for good fights without adding layers and layers of artifical difficulty on top of that. It's game design (i. e. trying to entertain somebody), not an olympic contest of creating the most convoluted, bug and lag prone Rube Goldberg machine.
    if you think Vistrix is bad..

Just wait until you get to the randomness and 100x worse cluster that is Ethram.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

I hate to say it but Ethram is piss easy now after the nerf.

And to get back to topic, T5 should get a small nerf, but knowing Funcom it will be a Walk over like T3.5/T4.

I might be wrong there of course, but it seems to me, that all this is a direct result of previous tiers, where people could learn how to deal with tricky mechanics (T3, T4), being nerfed to the ground. Bad Tartarous timing and double Funeral are bugs for sure and better be fixed, but rest can be controlled. All what's needed is to pay attention and do your part. Vistrix is a very unforgiving fight and one person is able to wipe whole raid easily, but it isn't even close as hard as Zodiac used to be imo.
    Drunk Templar Cimmerian

Fight is doable of course. Don't know if it's less hard than Zodiac - very different encounters. We wiped for months on Zodiac, a true pain (i. e. boring) to learn.

Problem is, though: Are there still enough players willing to wipe for three months on a boss? The older a MMO gets, the less populated it is, the less is the number of "hardcore" players. But designers tend not to make the game easier (i. e. more attractive to newcomers or late raiders), but do the exact opposite.

The raid finder seems to go into the opposite direction. Still don't know if I like this particular implementation. But I think the dime has finally dropped.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Fight is doable of course. Don't know if it's less hard than Zodiac - very different encounters. We wiped for months on Zodiac, a true pain (i. e. boring) to learn.

Problem is, though: Are there still enough players willing to wipe for three months on a boss? The older a MMO gets, the less populated it is, the less is the number of "hardcore" players. But designers tend not to make the game easier (i. e. more attractive to newcomers or late raiders), but do the exact opposite.

The raid finder seems to go into the opposite direction. Still don't know if I like this particular implementation. But I think the dime has finally dropped.
    I don't know,what i see is most people you describe are unwilling to learn and improve ,they want to hit stuff in the face,get loot ,repeat.Easier or harder isn't what makes the game more attractive,good gameplay and reasonable rewards is.AoC isn't really hard and i don't even think most players in end game guilds are that awesome players (myself included),when there is a lack of interest to improve though and the need of instant gratification of spent time=loot everything will seem hard.My 2 cents ,the "casual" crowd can throw stones ofc ...although...hmmm i m as casual as it gets atm.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    I don't know,what i see is most people you describe are unwilling to learn and improve
    If a restaurant doesn't attract (or loose) customers because they don't like the food, is it

a.) the customers' fault (as they don't want to adapt their taste) or
    b.) the chef's fault (as he doesn't/cannot prepare food many people actually like)?

All this blaming players for not applying themselves, being stupid, only wanting loot, not having any patience, lacking organization or even being of this or that nationality is, in my opinion, not a productive way of thinking.

The customer, as they say, is always right.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast