Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: T5 Vistrix nerf?

Default T5 Vistrix nerf?

I know this will be a controversial topic esp. because of all the nerfs already but am I the only one who thinks Vistrix needs to be changed or nerfed? All the other fights in T5 pale in comparison to it. Vissy is SO unforgiving.
    What do you guys think?

This is second only to Zelandra in difficulty in the whole game imo. Should indeed be adjusted. Small things like having a few seconds particle effect on those getting Heart of Fire is an easy and effective nerf to this encounter. Also adjust timing on Funeral Flames so tanks don't have to spread while the Tartarous Vapours lands, and prevent the double Funeral Flames if a Dread is used at that moment.

The only difficult thing in this encounter is that it requires more than 6 players to pay attention and perform to an average level...oh the horror .....
    Sinqq - Elitist QQer

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    The only difficult thing in this encounter is that it requires more than 6 players to pay attention and perform to an average level...oh the horror .....
    I refuse to believe you've even attempted Vistrix with that comment, that or you're trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenarie76 View Post
    I refuse to believe you've even attempted Vistrix with that comment, that or you're trolling.
    This boss is only challenging for people in front of the boss (mainly the problem with first Tartarous ovelapping Funeral Flames that you mentioned) i.e. tanks and tank healers.

What is hard about Hearts? When it's time for it, people just spread like on Thoth-Amon, wait for it to tick down and get back to group - there's still a few seconds before TV drops to position yourself.

Whole T5 is a challenge for tanks (and healers if tanks are struggling) - most of the raid has to only avoid standing in the fire.

I have to agree with Shink and Misiuggah. the fight is easy as a dps (vapors > bane > spread > heart > wait > bunch up > repeat till boss dies), needs more skill if you are tanking it or dedicated tanks healer.
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

For the "average guy", Vistrix is a hard raid boss and a content blocker at that. The 2nd T5 boss is the hardest of the 4, and arguably harder than 3 of the T6 encounters.

I know it only takes some focus, but name one raid that dont just "takes some focus". Nothing is really hard if people focus and do their job.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    I'm sure T5 will get nerfed at some point, they did it with T4.
    Funny thing is we now kill Vistrix every week but still wiping on Champion :P

Oh well, just a matter of time as usual.

Yes, once you nail the strats and have a fixed team on the job, it's going down every time. Change a few tanks to dps, a few dps to healers, and a few healers to tanks and rogues, and it all goes haywire.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast