Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: It is happening...

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Adding Atlantian Shards to other raids/dungeons would be counterproductive to the whole idea. That Shards can only be gained via raid finder forces "pro" players to join the raid finder with the "noobs", breaking down the barrier that usually segregates both.
    Yes "forcing" your "pro" as you say players into that content is an awesome idea.It certainly made me to play about 0 hours the last 3 weeks

gief 20 shard for breaking a box in khemi, remove shards from rf, pls
    everyone will do it, it will be obviously a very popular content, and will bring the pro and casual players together
    Last edited by medke; 9th August 2016 at 18:43.
    Johara / Shimi / Joxli - Tainted Souls - Crom
    Feat planner - Achievement list - AA heal calculator

Adding Atlantian Shards to other raids/dungeons would be counterproductive to the whole idea. That Shards can only be gained via raid finder forces "pro" players to join the raid finder with the "noobs", breaking down the barrier that usually segregates both.
    It doesnt break down that barrier at all. This and the WB is the only content veterans do with new players _atm_ and its all influensed by the frustrated and bored atmosphere it comes with. Atleast before new players got integrated in t1 and t2 raids hosted by helpful players like Mark, Johara, Evinity and many more. Those raids are rare now cause the lack of interest. Now everyones stuck in this nonsense that wont lead to anything else, untill they release the next heavily nerfed content with the best rewards again. Yet again a disrespectful move.
    Last edited by magnum92; 9th August 2016 at 18:52.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

This alone is a bad idea.

And what segregates people is not <insert whatever you think fits> but most often their own will to apprehend the bosses and classes mechanics more than anything else. And raid finder will not teach that as those you pretend to be "pros" just chose to brute force most of the boss mechanics in the way too weak raid finder version : burn **** down, don't care about enraging, don't care about mechanics. Those mechanics would have been removed if the design was to ignore them completely. It still stalls the raids when too many ignorant or incompetent people are together and only the shameful "Rallying call" stacks hide it. The barrier will still be here and those you describe as "noobs" will remain unable to deal with the bosses in their real version.

The biggest problem is that farming it makes most of the other content obsolete as it will yield better rewards than anything else. It also makes it harder to fill pick-up raids (where you are explained the boss mechanics and the good way to kill bosses by the way) and even 6-men groups. =( In most pickup raids or groups I join, I see the leaders explaining things when people don't know.

And yes, I agree : giving shards to other content will save it from obsolescence.
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

Quote Originally Posted by Cappa View Post
    This alone is a bad idea.
    That may be. But it obviously was the idea about Shards and the raid finder. One may agree or disagree - but that obviously was the idea. And without some "pro" players, those raids wouldn't work as far as I can see. Even for the RF versions, you need somebody to explain some basic tactics.

Funcom tried to encourage "pro" players to join lower level tier raids before, without much success as far as I can see. Pets for T1/T2/T3 tokens, allowing to switch lower tier tokens to higher tier tokens, boss/raid achievements (and them not being awarded retroactively) and so on were, as far as I can see, attempts to mix up the population a bit.

One may dislike the raid finder - again, I, personally, still am not decided one way or the other. But adding Shards to other raids/dungeons would be an indirect abolishment of the raid finder and one of the main ideas behind it.

Again - hate if you want to hate. The RF has some problems, e. g. I personally dislike the amount of small T4 tokens you can gain. Also, it's raiding with training wheels, which may feel a bit stupid for many. But on the other hand, training wheels actually make a lot of sense. Consider the benefits, don't only focus on the negatives. The problems may be fixed instead of removing the whole system (or its incentives).
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Really don't understand how you think adding shards to other raids will kill the rf? Is the raid finder supposed to be priority over guild or pug raids? Surely everyone has noticed a drop in the amount of actual raids, since the rf or even the changes to membership the quality of your average pugger has dropped dramatically, I used to love leading pugs and teaching now it's more a headache and even a waste of time. I thought rf was supposed to fill the time when there was no pug or guild raids not dominate it. Adding shards to normal raids is the best idea in this thread

Default Weekly Raid Quests with A-shards

With the implementation of Raid Finder and the new Atalntean Vendor and Shards, such quests would also reward weekley with an amount of those shards (don't make them RF exclusive, you think people would buy out all of those items too fast? just ADD more rewards as pet/vanity/potions and it would solve the problem I think)

1) Add a Weekly Quest ''Raid on Cimerrian Lairs'' (kill Kyllikki + Yakhmar + Vistrix)
    2) Add a Weekly Quest ''Raid on Black Ring Citadel '' (kill Sabazius + Chatha + Leviathus)
    3) Add a Weekly Quest ''Raid on Toth Amon Stronghold'' (kill Gyas + Toth Amon)
    4) Add a Weekly Quest ''Raid on Erliks Temple'' (kill Bat of Nergal)
    5) Add a Weekly Quest ''Raid on Jade Citadel'' (kill Yah-Chieng + Enity)
    6) Add a Weekly Quest ''Raid on Dragon Spines Secrets'' (kill Kyllikii UC + Ethram Fal)

rewards should include :
    1) Atlantean Shards amount dependable on the tier
    2) RNG Cache with : gold/AA/gildings/rare trophies/raid tokens

and add those ATLANTEAN SHARDS to other activities as well (Unchained Quests/Archeologist Quests)... now everything is about the RF... and what do you think will happen after people buy those rings???
    The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men.
    ---
    Zarathustra - Dark Templar
    Utawarerumono - Bear Shaman
    Caim - Herald of Xotli
    Silmeria - Assassin
    Nekoruru - Conqueror
    Manah - Priest of Mitra
    Samanosuke - Guardian
    Isztaria - Demonologist
    Lenethia - Ranger

That may be. But it obviously was the idea about Shards and the raid finder. One may agree or disagree - but that obviously was the idea. And without some "pro" players, those raids wouldn't work as far as I can see. Even for the RF versions, you need somebody to explain some basic tactics.
    You can more or less objectively say it is a bad idea in general to try and "force" people. This is a popular marketing delusion though. It simply did not work in pvp, it did not work with subbing, it did not work in general. It is not a rigid market and the majority of players is not addicted and they are mainly mature. You can use incentives, but you would still have an incentive, if "hyped" content would give most shards for a time and ALL other content give shards as well.

Wouldn't it be better, if the encounters would be designed, that no one would have to explain things? This does not mean it has to be dumbed down, simply make mechanics players can connect and realize with low settings as well. Especially in a multilangual environment this would be way more constructive than forcing or relying too heavily on the players.

So, first of all. I think it is nice that people who prefer to play alone get the chance of nice rewards and experience new content (albeit diffrent from the tactics in normal raids so not sure it is very useful that wayl).

But for me personally it is a bit meh. I often (well, once/twice a week) try to do T1 and/or T2 Sweeps. Mostly becasue I think it is fun and it has never ever been difficult to fill these raids before, au contraire, you often have to say to people that "Sorry, raid is full already". And its very nice to see new Age of Conan-player joins in these normal (well) raids. Now it is almost not possible to host these lower tier raids anymore, as it is all about Raid Finder, World Boss and Pet Pit. I know T1/T2 is old content but they seem to have been reasonably popular before, at least when it comes to filling up the ranks.

For sure am I not the one to say how others should play the game they invest time (and money?) into but I really think, as suggested many times, it would be nice with incentives/rewards to do proper group and/or raid content as well. Atlantean Shards dropping in all raid tiers would be a nice start and I think it wouldnt take to much time to implement in game. Maybe it would be worth a try to see at least? I also wonder what happens to RF as people get their elusive rings.

I understand you can say that "don't play the content if you don't like it" and checking how many players that is doing RF and WB, but thats simplifying things a bit to much.

Also am I well aware of the fact that it is a thin line to walk when you create content when it comes to difficulty/rewards but I'm not liking the path AoC is taking with this unsocial content and at the same time rewarding it so well at the expense of other raids, groups etc.
    Last edited by Maark; 18th August 2016 at 11:17.
    Retired

Funcom tried to encourage "pro" players to join lower level tier raids before, without much success as far as I can see. Pets for T1/T2/T3 tokens, allowing to switch lower tier tokens to higher tier tokens, boss/raid achievements (and them not being awarded retroactively) and so on were, as far as I can see, attempts to mix up the population a bit.

One may dislike the raid finder - again, I, personally, still am not decided one way or the other. But adding Shards to other raids/dungeons would be an indirect abolishment of the raid finder and one of the main ideas behind it.

Again - hate if you want to hate. The RF has some problems, e. g. I personally dislike the amount of small T4 tokens you can gain. Also, it's raiding with training wheels, which may feel a bit stupid for many. But on the other hand, training wheels actually make a lot of sense. Consider the benefits, don't only focus on the negatives. The problems may be fixed instead of removing the whole system (or its incentives).
    You are totally in wrong except that I see very often "pro players" as you call them in low-level tier, Tronkita organizes a T1 sweep every week, as Cody too etc.
    Who is missing in these raids low level are the very people who could be there to learn the game but that does not come more T1-2 because ... because honestly I'm more difficult than the WB, why go to a T1 when you can dress T1 -2-3 easily from WB? And now the same thing happens at T3 and T4, why go to the raid when you can dress with RF?
    Are two weeks I try to organize a Vile Nativity cape run, and if my team gets to 3 people is so, people under my script "Vile Nativity Cape Run" spam their beautiful WB cape and not join, as if I need the cloak, for me it's just a beautiful and funny run.
    You talk about pro players but for me there are only players who are fun to play, they want to learn, explore and see more than and then there are the zerg.
    It 's true, I'm in a guild end-game and I play in the T6, but unlike those who say pro-player I do not consider myself pro or elite. We all have the same opportunities in the game. I do not think I have extraordinary qualities, even (assuming how to play a game can be considered a quality, for me it is not, it is always a game, not an engineering degree) I think that if I can do T5-6, everyone ca do it. I do not speak English, but I learned some English playing, I found a guild that has welcomed me with them and I enjoy end-game (thanks Destiny) and I think anyone can do it. Being casual gamer is just an excuse (we do raid 3 times a week, 3 hours a day, 9 in total, far fewer people loggata 12-18h every day without doing ANYTHING, so be player "pro" does not take more time to be casual).
    People just do not want to learn, if you want I can paste here, the last RF T6 log that I've done, where I was trying to explain the tactics and people kept wanting to bypass the strategy using brute force, killing only a boss (Neessa) to run to DPS on a Zalandra shield with 75% deflecion, one gave me the crybaby for having complained that in this way the battle would last half an hour. I was optimistic lasted 3 hours and a half, three wipes and 5-6% of each round Zalandra. And then people wonder why "pro-player" do not want to make the leaders!
    Victory or Death