Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tali tanking?

And what to cut for it?

[Disclaimer: While that is my current spec it is nearly identically copy/pasted from here since the original and the associated comments made sense to me]
    Last edited by Belatsunat; 18th July 2016 at 14:12.

4 or 5 points for health tap provided you are geared enough(full t4 and on) in depravity and the dread lord point .Last one is a matter of personal preference i guess.About health tap the wise thing to do would be to keep at least the 1 point but playing with good healers can allow for more greed

Thank you for the suggestions, not sure I am brave enough to go through with them yet, though.

I still haven't convinced everyone in my guild/raid that Tali Tanking is a good thing, so I am not sure being too greedy in the survivability department is wise.

Dread Lord I really like. The two top ranks of Life Leech to me seem like the best combos the DT has. Since their finisher gives the most amount of hits in the shortest time. As such taking off even 1 second of their cooldown seems worth one talent point for me. If I could shorten their CD by 5 seconds at the cost of investing 5 points, I probably would.

I agree that dread lord is very useful. I would stick to BFA V - IV with desecrated blood however instead of LL, because of the extra crits and damage they offer.
    One more thing I noticed about the spec you posted, is that it doesn't have any AoE (are of effect) on it. It's likely composed for fighting singular bosses, but it could be useful to get some AoE spells like reaper of malocodor in your build.
    Last edited by Fonsbol; 18th July 2016 at 19:55.

I use this http://goo.gl/9SWYha to tank most physical fights in the game up to t5. I have not tanked in t6 yet.

Also, if you are not keeping your Ritualistic Bloodshed running at all times, NONE of these tali specs will work properly. That ability is the build enabler.

Notes: You should be maintaining around 300-500 HPS lifetaps in most fights. If not, check that you are keeping your sadism stacks maxed, check that you are keeping your LL and ASFOF buffs up at all times, and focus on using combos that finish on least shielded sides of boss.

As far as mitigation, 53% with a tali equipped is very tanky, if you are lower than that and making your healer sweat, use CoP for added taps/armor boost. It isn't much of an aggro loss anymore. If you feel you are still too squishy, just throw a shield on. You will get around 4% mit.
    Last edited by Thunderclese; 19th July 2016 at 16:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderclese View Post
    I use this http://goo.gl/9SWYha to tank most physical fights in the game up to t5. I have not tanked in t6 yet.

Also, if you are not keeping your Ritualistic Bloodshed running at all times, NONE of these tali specs will work properly. That ability is the build enabler.

Notes: You should be maintaining around 300-500 HPS lifetaps in most fights. If not, check that you are keeping your sadism stacks maxed, check that you are keeping your LL and ASFOF buffs up at all times, and focus on using combos that finish on least shielded sides of boss.

As far as mitigation, 53% with a tali equipped is very tanky, if you are lower than that and making your healer sweat, use CoP for added taps/armor boost. It isn't much of an aggro loss anymore. If you feel you are still too squishy, just throw a shield on. You will get around 4% mit.
    How exactly do you maintain your mana while spamming Shadowhex and Bloodshed all the time? I played around with these talisman specs now but I always run out of mana in longer fights. Using Drain Esssence buff instead of Health tap buff does almost nothing to be honest, I mean I still have only 6,4% mana tap.

Quote Originally Posted by xCodename View Post
    How exactly do you maintain your mana while spamming Shadowhex and Bloodshed all the time? I played around with these talisman specs now but I always run out of mana in longer fights. Using Drain Esssence buff instead of Health tap buff does almost nothing to be honest, I mean I still have only 6,4% mana tap.
    That's not right, with drain essence I have never ran out of mana with tali and spamming ritualistic + hexes, even when hitting multiple mobs with malacodor running oO
    6.4% is a lot when you're doing 1k+ dps.
    Last edited by kalston; 19th July 2016 at 23:11.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    That's not right, with drain essence I have never ran out of mana with tali and spamming ritualistic + hexes, even when hitting multiple mobs with malacodor running oO
    6.4% is a lot when you're doing 1k+ dps.
    Seems like I still do too much wrong with a talisman spec, I just stay with a "normal" dread shadow one.

It's nothing different except those two buttons you have to push / macro every 10 seconds.

Or don't use RB every 10s but every 18 after its at full stacks and don't get out of mana and use drain essence like a nab but use drain life to actually healthtap (omgomgomg) ,yeah.Macros are for the weak.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast