Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With the New Upgrade, Why Stay Subbed?

Default With the New Upgrade, Why Stay Subbed?

Looks like the new F2P model is as good as being premium. Sure, there are some "rewards" for being loyal to premium, but they discount all the time one may have been subbed in the past and they really don't look all that exciting. Essentially, only NEW loyalty counts, not past.

But, anyway, I'm wondering why one should maintain a premium account and not just go F2P?

About the only reason to stay premium is the ridiculous f2p gold cap which is conveniently set lower than the price of Khitai or high tier raid gear. If you don't care about those things then I would probably not sub.

To support the developer in hopefully maintain this game and not shutting down, no other mmo has this fantastic combat animations and so many other good things witch surpass bad things, in my opinion.

I have same question. Especially for people mostly interested in PvP...

Quote Originally Posted by cristian29 View Post
    To support the developer in hopefully maintain this game and not shutting down, no other mmo has this fantastic combat animations and so many other good things witch surpass bad things, in my opinion.
    This might have validity if I, an existing subscriber, had my loyalty in my current and past premium status recognized. But, to have only that "loyalty" recognized and rewarded from the upgrade forward has left a bad taste in my mouth.

f2p accounts only have access to two chars.

F2P accounts have access to more than two characters if they pay once, I think.

Premium is repelling and disheartening: you get too many AAs, too much XP while levelling, too many rewards; and it is utterly not my cup of tea.

With F2P, you get more than 6 characters unlocked. You can unlock the rest, each for the price of a month of playing. The only problem is that you have to use gold tricks to buy something expensive.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Aomame View Post
    f2p accounts only have access to two chars.
    The char slots you get depend on how many you have. The default is 2 (1 if your account is very new). Going premium grants 6 (7 for new accounts) extra slots. If you go f2p those 6 (or 7) slots will be locked again. Any additional slots you got or bought will grant you one extra playable slot regardless if you are premium or not.

So if you have 12 char slots and your account is older then july 2016 you can have 6 open slots.

Tl;dr going f2p always locks 6 or 7 slots depending on how old your account is.

I'll have to look again, but I thought this new upgrade gave F2P eight slots.

Premium is exactly for someone who hates lvling (XP, PxP, AAs)...just like me For example

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast