Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Off line levels

Don't bring them back, thanks.

We will be Serious after death.

Unhappy

I don't mind them getting rid of the system, but not even emailing lapsed accounts to tell us they were all getting deleted is a decision only Funcom could come up with.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brazza View Post
    Bring them back because now we're forced to level up toons in an empty game.

...and fix the minigame loot popups ...annoying.

thank you
    Offline levels were alright for the very end of the game due to the grind, but in general they are bad for the game. People build them up and then make a level 80 and don't even know how to play them. Then those people stop playing them bc they are bad. Funcom did something better. They are making people play to level and give them an xp bonus. This puts people back in the zones and they get gear, experience playing the character and more vested in the game. If you spent hours and hours playing a character, you are less likely to just up and quit versus spending 1 minute pressing the level up button. Plus end game raiding in this game is not available due to lack of players, the most excitement for most comes with playing the game and quests along the way to 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Nipanther View Post
    Offline levels were alright for the very end of the game due to the grind, but in general they are bad for the game. People build them up and then make a level 80 and don't even know how to play them. Then those people stop playing them bc they are bad. Funcom did something better. They are making people play to level and give them an xp bonus. This puts people back in the zones and they get gear, experience playing the character and more vested in the game. If you spent hours and hours playing a character, you are less likely to just up and quit versus spending 1 minute pressing the level up button. Plus end game raiding in this game is not available due to lack of players, the most excitement for most comes with playing the game and quests along the way to 80.
    While that *sounds* like the *good guy* reason for deleting offline levels, we all know Funcom isn't a *good guy*. They deleted offline levels to push their instant level 80 option in the Item Shop. That going with the near doubled price of Character slots is their way of bleeding people for money.

They obviously don't care about people not knowing how to play a character.

character slot price did not change, that's wrong
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

Quote Originally Posted by Cappa View Post
    character slot price did not change, that's wrong
    Really? I thought it used to be something like 800-900 and it is now 1500.

Even if that isn't the case, and the base price was always 1500 FP, there is still the membership discount that was removed. So it is still more expensive for someone like me than ever before.

Edit:

So yeah, I found the base price was 1500 FP back when they first came out with them in 2010, so you were definitely right about that part. It is still more expensive than before though.
    Last edited by tapwater; 3rd July 2016 at 23:13.

it happened to be as low as 900 with (item of the day ?) -40% discount indeed. bought some like that
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

This was a welcome change. It is too bad that offline levels were implemented in the first place.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

i think its ok, the game is not only about raids and 6m... but would be better if they also released some kind of low-mid lvl content.

anyhow, i lost all my offline lvls and don't mind at all... even though i wanted to make a couple new characters...
    meh...

I liked the offline levels. And, as using them affects no one but the user, why should others care if they are available or not?

The little tip lines that show up were still saying that offline levels were accrued at 1:4 days subscription just as recently as a week or so ago, but they are not. If you're going to be rid of them, quit having the game tell us they're still around and how to get them.

Or, bring them back.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast