Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UI fix for crash that came with patch 5.0.

Default UI fix for crash that came with patch 5.0.

With patch 5.0 Funcom added this shiny thing in the group window as well as in the pet GUI window. You will need to disable them if your customized ui changed them else you might crash, a lot.

Go to X:\Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Customized\Views\TeamGUI
    Delete folder "TeamGUI"

Go to X:\Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Customized\Views\PetAndFollowerGUI
    Delete folder "PetAndFollowerGUI"

And then wait until the UI creator fixes it.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

And here's the temporary pin. Thank you, Fass.
    Short cuts make long delays.

You know if there is a default file to add into custom so we can use the new buttons for dailys / loyalty rewards etc?
    Last edited by Beggar; 30th June 2016 at 18:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Beggar View Post
    You know if there is a default file to add into custom so we can use the new buttons for dailys / loyalty rewards etc?
    You can open them with chat commands untill ui makers update their ui's:

/setoption challengeJournal_window 1
    /setoption groupFinder_window 1
    /setoption dailyLogin_window 1

Not sure of a better spot to post this, but with my self-modified Mirage UI hybrid, I discovered a reliable crash when in a group was due to this file:
    Customized\Views\PetAndFollowerGUI\CharHoverInfoVi ew.xml

Comparing it to the default, I saw it needed this line near the end:
    <TextView name="RaidMoveView" layout_borders="Rect(0,0,0,6)" default_color="active" font="SMALL"/>

Default Suggestion - don't delete folder

Great information. Suggestion, though : DON'T DELTE YOUR FOLDERS!!! just rename them from "TeamGUI" to something like "++TeamGUI" etc. Game won't read those folders

AND I can confirm tapwater's fix (reply # 5) works... jsut add that line to end of said .xml file

Quote Originally Posted by Tumulten View Post
    You can open them with chat commands untill ui makers update their ui's:

/setoption challengeJournal_window 1
    /setoption groupFinder_window 1
    /setoption dailyLogin_window 1
    you can use:

ctrl +r for raid finder
    Shift + c for challenge journal
    . for daily login

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    With patch 5.0 Funcom added this shiny thing in the group window as well as in the pet GUI window. You will need to disable them if your customized ui changed them...
    omg - I had hoped this was a side-effect of my Custom UI; like Funcom having changed default colors or the alike
    -- but it actually was intented that way?

CustomUI designers, do over-hours and change that back - will you, pretty please!?!?

/update
    I just learned that this new golden border is to (visually) separate subbed players from f2p; why not having the border on f2p instead, as the majority prob. still will be subs...

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    I have a theory/question about those new Gold borders in the Group/raid/pet UIs. Are they indicators of when someone is a subscriber vs free to play? I was in a raid where a few people did not get the borders.
    and again, I was too late... jeez
    Last edited by Yorgomir; 1st July 2016 at 19:23.

I have a theory/question about those new Gold borders in the Group/raid/pet UIs. Are they indicators of when someone is a subscriber vs free to play? I was in a raid where a few people did not get the borders.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    I think so, shine for sub, non-shine for f2p, this gold thingy really annoying me, just saying, it should be frame
    We will be Serious after death.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast