Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes to Membership, Offline Levels, & more

Arrow Regarding special member-only sales in item store

It was mentioned that 'Members will have access to special Members-Only sales in the item store.'

Is this similar to what we have previous, the daily/monthly sales on selected items?
    Will members still be getting a 10% discount in item shop?

For the newly updated item shop. I am not against selling Tier gears in item shop, after all it's every individual views on how they want to play their game. At the end of the day, funcom get revenue and hopefully allocate resources into the development on this game.

I am actually interested in getting the AA-XP Rong, but seeing it tuck inside lottery box will put-off player whom do not like the idea of lottery boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    H[*]+7 Character slots. New, Free accounts made after the transition start with 1 character slot by default. All existing accounts will keep however many slots they had.
    As you already answered, if a f2p now has 16 slots, they will still have 16 slots after the change, right?
    But what happens to subs running out? They are definitely not free new accounts starting with 1 default slot. So they still get their sub slots -6? E.g. a subbed account with 12 chars (2 basic, 6 for being subbed, 2 for loyality in the past and 2 bought from the account page), will have 6 to unlock after he/she goes f2p after the changes, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    It is a 30% boost to PvP XP gained, and the exact boost to tokens, and which tokens are affected is not yet ready to be announced at this moment. I'll post details as soon as I have more info.
    ok thx for your answer

btw any news on how could you upgrade the current total lottery system from opening caches? as i mentioned it was just for me that ive opened 16 of those caches and sic! didnt get single epic drop while even legendary were possible ...

^^ maybe some PRG (pseudo random generator) chance would be suitable, tho not sure of exact values - you know ones that are working in games such as Dota 2 or else, it makes your chance bigger with each try of doing same thing - there its up for crit evalauting ie, so while you make each try to occure proc it will with each fail of achieving it - make kind of triers where each one and next higher one nets higher probability of this effect to happen, so thats pseudo random, instead of total random lottery like i believe there is now - and imo can drive ppl seriously mad ... xD
    Your Slam critically slashes Lozig for 2813.

Quote Originally Posted by henryabccba View Post
    Will old sub time calculated in new Loyalty Rewards program??

Henry if you read back.. This reply from Mussagana is the response to you question. Pretty much any time you have left when they make the new system active. Will go to the Loyalty rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mussagana View Post
    You will not lose any subscription time. The post that was referenced only means that time you have will also count toward the new system for determining membership rewards.
    I was wondering why AOC can't keep its bonus point system. If TSW has a bonus point system? The old shop had alot on it, but the Crit pots and most pots people used and bought. Now by the sounds of it. maybe you might want to roll some of the older pots back in, because nobody really happy with the prices of the new stuff. Maybe possibly take a survey of what people bought? Still think you would sell more if you got the trash out of the chest. Things we don't need if we are a veteran.
    Better things always sell more. I would buy more if i had more of a gamble on Random legendary's. I think you dev's need to stop being scared of overpowering. Good price and Superior quality always sells.
    Last edited by Kellisia; 15th June 2016 at 13:45.

Quote Originally Posted by kyto01 View Post
    What the royal treasure chest offers:

Royal treasure chest:
    Legendary:
    - 1 shard of pure ice and 60 simple relics 5
    - 1 dragon tear and 60 simple relics 4
    - 1 mythical band of advancement

epic:
    - 9 simple relics 5
    - 9 simple relics 4
    - 1 unbound weapon
    - 17 expertise points

rare:
    - 1 simple relic 5
    - 1 simple relic 4
    - 2 expertise potions
    - 1 kings feast
    - 1 combo xp booster
    - 2 stat potions
    - 3 teleport coins

common:
    - 1 expertise point
    - 1 gold
    - 5 rare trophies
    - 300 imperial insignias
    - 15 simple trophies (1,2,3)

results: (60) Royal treasure chests cost 200us dollars, they each grant you 2 items each (120 items total), with 1 guaranteed to be rare or better (60). The item shop now offers full T3 gear, is it practical to advance yourself past T3 with the Royal Treasure Chest? I think not. My results (60) Royal Treasure Chests with items superior to T3 are as follows. (0) Legendary items - less than 1 percent chance , (25) simple trophies 4, (20) simple trophies 5. Wish I would have spent my money better, but I had it to burn.
    Ouch,bad luck there know people that at first box got legendary item.

A couple of questions:

About the "Boosted token gains" -> does this apply to T6 ? Is it a probability or will you always get the extra tokens ? As example, will you get 2 tokens from the Yothians instead of 1 ?

About the "Passive increase to faction gains" -> Will this apply to the new arena factions too ?

One suggestion:

"Daily login reward and challenge system" -> Make these rewards account bound, like the claimings. If i have to log with all my toons everyday, it will be an horrible waste of time.

And my overall opinion about these changes:

There are no advantages for the long time veterans that have been supporting the game since launch day, only for the new customers who want to start the game for the first time. I think that we are going to lose more than win with these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    Ouch,bad luck there know people that at first box got legendary item.
    Just depends on your luck, not all got legendary.

I would look more to buying these chest. If they were single or double classed, like legendary or Legendary and epic only. Just putting more of a gamble in them on that type of item.
    It would look more appealing. An not wasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by kyto01 View Post
    What the royal treasure chest offers:

Royal treasure chest:
    Legendary:
    - 1 shard of pure ice and 60 simple relics 5
    - 1 dragon tear and 60 simple relics 4
    - 1 mythical band of advancement

epic:
    - 9 simple relics 5
    - 9 simple relics 4
    - 1 unbound weapon
    - 17 expertise points

rare:
    - 1 simple relic 5
    - 1 simple relic 4
    - 2 expertise potions
    - 1 kings feast
    - 1 combo xp booster
    - 2 stat potions
    - 3 teleport coins

common:
    - 1 expertise point
    - 1 gold
    - 5 rare trophies
    - 300 imperial insignias
    - 15 simple trophies (1,2,3)

results: (60) Royal treasure chests cost 200us dollars, they each grant you 2 items each (120 items total), with 1 guaranteed to be rare or better (60). The item shop now offers full T3 gear, is it practical to advance yourself past T3 with the Royal Treasure Chest? I think not. My results (60) Royal Treasure Chests with items superior to T3 are as follows. (0) Legendary items - less than 1 percent chance , (25) simple trophies 4, (20) simple trophies 5. Wish I would have spent my money better, but I had it to burn.

You bought 60 of those chests ?
    Gg. Even across the Atlantian Ozean I can hear the shoulder patting at the Funcom office
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Without looking in depth at all the changes, I do notice a few that make no sense and need to change.

1. do not take away our offline levels. If you don't want offline levels to accumulate in the future, fine, but don't take away already existing offline levels.
    2. either adjust the 4 hour pot prices down or increase the monthly points we used to receive, do not take away completely those monthly points gained.

All in all, I'm just amazed at how you guys get a financial lifeline thrown to you recently to get you out of trouble, then you promptly turn around and piss off the majority of your playerbase.

It just boggles the mind.

Default There is just so much wrong with this

1. New players with 1 slot , really gives them no options to like the game they roll the wrong toon and they are stuck
    2. Specialization just 1 should continue with 2 as always , just seems like a money grab
    3. I paid for a subscription to say sorry its gone but we gave you loyalty points is a joke
    4. I am suspecting this may end the game for all , no real advantage to have a subscription ever.
    5. What's to stop Funcom from taking our new subscriptions
    6. Funcom's Financial troubles and unethical behavior isn't our problem, we are not here to supply them with an endless cash flow
    7. I am not paying for a $90 Hamburger and told catsup is free.