Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes to Membership, Offline Levels, & more

With seven new character slot scheduled to be available to current members who are rolled over into the new membership deals..the OFFLINE levels we've accumulated are very valuable to us long-term veterans.
    The Offlines would ENCOURAGE us to start new toons ...it would allow us to PLAY and then SKIP what we don't like ..all of us would be in tortage to ATLEAST level 16 ..and many still playing a bit through their favourite low level areas until level 30 ...

as for the USE THEM OR LOSE THEM from Funcom ...with two to three weeks notice of this....NOT ENOUGH TIME for most people to level up multiple characters from tortage beach to level 30 to use their offlines

... but I've done this on one account in the past..rushed to get characters up in level to use offlines before the sub ran out...and really NOT enjoyed the experience ...not playing because I wanted to play that character doing those quests, learning the strengths and weakness of the class as I go ..but just to get to x level to use something I was going to lose ... it soured my gaming experience....

and of course most of your current subscribers will NOT HAVE any slots available upon which they CAN expend their offline levels...so we can't "use them" before they disappear....but not all of us had reached our max character number so could still buy another character slot at some time to play ...and hence the offlines are still valuable if not currently useable.

..... but without offlines I really don't think I can be bothered to do anything other make 7 more level 5 bank toons ..well actually 14 more bank toons..as I have two paid accounts at the moment.

I would also like to point out: when membership changes get rolled out...you WILL have a lot of your current members who are pretty oblivious to the proposed changes ...they won't have come to these forums and read the multi-page posts. They will NOT have read the notes on the game screen as it loads... this I KNOW will occur because every time there is a down time or change there are a flood of questions in global about them. SO REMOVING benefits from your current vets WILL have a lot of people very very angry ....they will NOT have been informed before you implement it ..and with removal of things like offlines..they will be angry because they will not have had time to "use them" before they lost them ...cause they weren't aware offlines NOW have an expiry date..and this goes to ANYTHING else you are removing, changing or relocating (eg free feat spec trees when subscribed).
    Last edited by Ladihawke; 14th June 2016 at 22:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladihawke View Post
    With seven new character slot scheduled to be available to current members
    There is no increase in character slots. Right now it's 2+6. After the membership change it will be 1+7. Without paying for extra slots the maximum will still be 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyall View Post
    There is no increase in character slots. Right now it's 2+6. After the membership change it will be 1+7. Without paying for extra slots the maximum will still be 8.
    Perhaps I have mis-understood the posts...but I had thought it was implied that CURRENT members will get an additional 7 character slots ON TOP of our current ones when they transition to new membership scheme. And that NEW subscibers will get +7 character slots, as brand new free to play will start with ONE slot ..and upgrading to membership will gain them +7 slots

Unhappy

Why is money worth so much less in AOC vs TSW? I still have a discount with my TSW membership in the the TSW store and get 1200 bonus points a month. There is little incentive to use any funcom points in the new AOC store. If I purchase any additional points, it's better spent on TSW.

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Hey all, I've updated the OP with a couple of new details:

Members will have access to special Members-Only sales in the item store.

As a show of appreciation, we're updating our policy on the Dragon's Spine pack. We will simply grant it to anybody who has ever made a purchase in Age of Conan before the new system launches!

More info as it develops, as always. Thank you for your feedback!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    Good good,i'm happy now
    Now bring back paysafecard and remove gold limit for free or premium members and give something way better(besides the already stated membership bonuses) for premium members? like:

- 7000 Loyalty points a month (again not sure how will be loyalty system but 7000 sounds like a good number )
    - passive boost +10% mount speed +10% out of combat movement speed + 10% gold gain +50% pvp XP gain(yes 50%...cause we all know pvp is a grind,so this is a good incentive for people to sub,except maybe pvp 10's...but for that increase lvl to 15 and release t4 pvp gear )
    - a daily set of vials giving temporary boosts to XP/stats gains and the like(crit pots,exp pots,str pots,etc..).
    - No Trader fees
    - Priority in upcoming "Raid Finder" queue(not sure if this works since i don't know much about the raid finder).
    - 1 Token of Gilding a month(or more can be discussed)
    - Double max feat pages to 10
    - Decreased dungeons cooldown (expect the ones you can reset instance)
    - Acess to a summonable Trainer/Trader/Merchant(this one that would sell crates of potions) NPC's

Besides these changes to membership i would like to add:

- Since t2 pvp gear is now on store,t1 pvp gear should be available from pvp 0 instead of 1/2/3/4 lvls.(which would make it better for new players in pvp)
    Last edited by Tiberivs; 14th June 2016 at 23:03.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Ladihawke View Post
    Perhaps I have mis-understood the posts...but I had thought it was implied that CURRENT members will get an additional 7 character slots ON TOP of our current ones when they transition to new membership scheme. And that NEW subscibers will get +7 character slots, as brand new free to play will start with ONE slot ..and upgrading to membership will gain them +7 slots
    Sorry, I hope my wording wasn't too misleading. Any purchased character slots you had before the update will be kept intact, so if you had...let's say, 5 slots not including Membership, you keep those slots even if you let your membership lapse. As mentioned previously, right now accounts start with 2 and get 6 extra from Premium Membership. After the change, new accounts start with 1 and get 7 extra from Membership. I'm going to have a chat tomorrow with the account guy to see how that will interact with existing accounts.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Ok thank you for answering. I think it is more my mis-understanding the post.
    But I will say: I still value my offline levels on my account which has no current spare charcter slots as I have not maxed out the number of slots available yet and still have some charcters pre-level 80 that I do not want to rush to level 80 just yet ... But I know I will want to use offlines on them at some stage and do not appreciate having my hand forced on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    We hear you and folks with similar concerns. While I don't have anything to promise at the moment, we do acknowledge our members who paid for their time well in advance.
    Can you tell us whether or not we will get a rollover of our unused already owned subscriptions into the new system? Its not been verified that we are not losing our prepaid time from premium prechange subscriptions.

Thank you

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Can you tell us whether or not we will get a rollover of our unused already owned subscriptions into the new system? Its not been verified that we are not losing our prepaid time from premium prechange subscriptions.

Thank you
    That was confirmed in this post here:

Quote Originally Posted by nophex View Post
    No but any time remaining on your sub will be converted into the new loyalty months. For example if we turned on the system tomorrow and you had 45 days left on your subscription then you would get the 30 day reward and the 60 day reward. Basically take the amount of time you have left, divide it by 30, and round up.
    Hope this helps.
    FuncomMussagana
    Designer
    Twitter: @Mussagana

Age of Conan Website

Quote Originally Posted by Mussagana View Post
    That was confirmed in this post here:

Hope this helps.
    So I have to pay again starting 6/30/16 for the new subscription? that's what the above sounds like