Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes to Membership, Offline Levels, & more

I kinda doubt that, it's way too hot here for winter.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    I kinda doubt that, it's way too hot here for winter.
    A balmy 21 deg C for me. Middle of winter. mmm, beer o'clock almost, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    The best we are able to offer is the Bonus Point compensation for accounts that have time left over after the Membership Update goes live.

We plan to have a full-on announcement about the new pricing structure in the near future. This change may not happen the moment the new system goes live, as we need to give at least some forward notice for players on a recurring subscription to make any desired adjustments before the changes go live.
    I dont know who decides what at funcom, but going live with this patch without the promised lower pricepoint is just nuts. You have vets and players knowing its gonna be a lower pricepoint. it cant be that much math to just figure out the new pricepoint, then simply credit the players with months based on what was left.

1) throw all who have paid before the change a bone, consider every month left on sub, as full price (15 euro?) so if you have 6 months, 90 euros.
    2) award months based on money in account, (rounded up) again throwing a bone to those who have paid. (quite honestly after all the crap people have had to put up with in this game. they deserve this kind of kindness from funcom. no question about that. and im sure the devs can agree on that.

that way a person with 2 months left after current month finsihes, gets 30 euros worth of membership (rounded up), if new price is 10 euro, thats 3 months, instead of 2. so yay bonus 1 month.

a person who paid for a year. gets more, considering the investment they are doing into funcom at this time, i think that also is more than fair. we've seen so VERY FEW of those promises come through since the dreamworld engine betatest debacle we had to deal with before tsw, and for what, small half unfinsihed content, with some content promised years ago being dropped or still being built.

for once treat your customers with kindness and care, and you may acutally make aoc more profitable. most other games have large benefits for those who were prior members, and you really should as well. its just rediculous how funcom has treated its paying customer base thus far. if you are gonna do it right, and make funcom profitable you REALLY have to change the way you deliver content, and the way you deliver value. you HAVE to actually look at other games and companies as well.

Good luck, Me and my wife may resub, if there are fair deals, if its the same old. "we will see, coming soon" promises, then forget it. I have honestly lost so much faith in funcom with AOC that i just refuse to buy another product, unless i can see a change in upper managements view towards providing value to new AND old subscribers. lots of value, not lots of grind, or lots of moneygrab.

Default TY

We plan to have a full-on announcement about the new pricing structure in the near future. This change may not happen the moment the new system goes live, as we need to give at least some forward notice for players on a recurring subscription to make any desired adjustments before the changes go live.
    Thank you for the answer! Lets hope for the best. Not only about this, but also, everything in general. Looking forward for the update happening tomorrow.

To clarify:
    New accounts created after the update will start with 1 slot and gain 7 from membership.
    I doubt this greed will motivate newcomers to pay at all and instead deter them from continuing with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyall View Post
    I doubt this greed will motivate newcomers to pay at all and instead deter them from continuing with the game.
    They're announcing AFTER they deploy like they have something to hide, they have these threads they almost completely ignore and dont move on anything they've changed regardless (buy an item from the shop to guarantee what I've alreayd paid for or what was free anyway? I'm sold!). They're simply insulting your intelligence. There's barely a single positive comment about the positive aspect of the changes (free Khitai....woohoo most of us feel it should have happened years ago....along with teh DW/Rage merge with Fury.) and there's rarely actual clarification which means no one's reallythought this through properly, but it's going ahead anyway. A train without rails.

I've worked bigger projects than this game,. 1000 people, antiona-wide. It's not ahrd guys. Seriously. Go hom, have a beer, think on ****, send your playmate at work a SMS. Stop stroking your pet GM's who favour people and ignore other's because they kill it for hte rest of us (players banned or forcibly named changed without warning. Looooooong tim this has happened).

And now the update announced today, with no details, going ahead. Today. A day before the end of the month. 3 hours from now. Woe is to the person who wanted to sit down for a relaxing level with their offlines

It's mind-bogglingly deranged.

So no new changes to PvP? ...... At all?
    The Floyd Mayweather of AoC. BIG BALLER BRAND

- Aaids - Dreadsix - Caitlnjenner - Afrojacksin - Ellooell - Etchasketch -

Quote Originally Posted by Khramps View Post
    What's that?
    Nazariin - Assassin 7 - Crom
    Rebriarah - BS 4 - Crom
    Ismemah - Hox - Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Khramps View Post
    yes, if you subscribe, you get 30% more pvp exp, AA and pvp token gains
    meh...

Well, the Daily Rewards are 1 per account. So that system is a lot less awesome. 4 Tokens of Gilding a month. That is far far far too low an amount to actually be usefull and allow us to buy the vanity gear which was removed from the shop.

Overall, most of what you get is crap.

They re-colored the item shop. Looks a bit better, but still looks ugly. Old one was better. Still the same horrible prices.
    Last edited by tapwater; 30th June 2016 at 16:05.