Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes to Membership, Offline Levels, & more

What would really open AoC back up, is an expansion. Combined with the new store and sub offers, that would really be something. Any news on new expansions????? Yes????

Like many other long time veterans, I'm not a fan of these changes.

At this point in time, I rarely have time to log in, so a daily reward system is more frustrating than satisfying. If the rewards are account-wide, that's better than if I have to log in my 15+ characters just to get a random trinket.

Removing bonus points and offline levels is a slap in the face. Same with offering loyalty rewards for new subs but ignoring the 5-8 years some of us have been here.

I like leveling characters so I'd like to turn off the bonus so I don't out level a zone.

Please reconsider before implementing these changes. The feedback for the store and the subs has been overwhelming negative from your fan base. We're not all stupid (well, maybe we are since we keep paying for something that gets minimal new content). We can't all be wrong. While this thread shows that different features appeal to different people, the Mostly unifying theme is anger and disgust at the changes.
    ----
    Kalur - 80 Bear Shaman, Brunstol - 80 Dark Templar, Tallas - 80 Assassin, Gilben - 80 Conquerer, Pangert - 80 Barbarian, Xoltal - 80 Necromancer, Matzui - 80 Herald of Xolti, and a bunch of lower level alts.
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

Default Please Answer

Are you going to honor the original subscription offers given off the last special. It consist of funcom points that where part of the offer. This is what the people bought from you and are you going to honor them those points?
    You can not sell someone something without giving them what they paid for.

Are you going to honor 2400 points to someone who paid for a year?
    Are you going to figure out the numbers left on every subscription?

Maybe suggestion just to make it easier is to award Any Active subscription 2500 automatic points to resolve this?
    Last edited by Kellisia; 14th June 2016 at 14:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Important: Offline Levels are being completely removed from the game once the new membership system goes live. We’re aiming at June 30th; this date is subject to change, but you should use your offline levels by then, as they will disappear after the changes go live!

Monthly bonus points are not a part of Membership.

Veteran Tokens are no longer gained with Membership, but players will keep what they had and may still use them at Veteran vendors. Instead of Veteran Tokens, Members will be enrolled in The Loyalty Rewards program. This offers awesome new rewards for our Members at 30, 60, 90, 180, and 360-day tiers, including a brand-new mount type as the top-end reward. Additional rewards will be unveiled every 6 months.

We are also implementing a daily login reward and challenge system which will grant various rewards for free, including consumables, tokens, AA XP, and more.

And, last but certainly not least, we’re going to have a new, lower price point for the 30-day membership....
    Oh H*** no! Don't you dare remove players built up offline levels. If you really hate the system, just make it stop increasing. But to just delete that for so many people (while having the instant 80 in the Item Shop) just screams you are trying to scam your playerbase.

Then you remove all monthly bonus points, tied in with the 50-400% price increases is absolutely insane bu*****t! As it is now, I guess I am never buying another thing from the Item Shop ever again.

This membership revamp is a complete an utter ripoff.

The actual bonuses to the new membership system are rather pathetic. You guys have really screwed this one up, which honestly isn't a surprise since your company is run by greedy *people*.

When it comes to Veteran Points, I assume newly created characters after the membership change will receive 0 Veteran Points instead of the current total you have accrued. That would also be a big no no. EDIT: I see new created characters will still be getting these, so that is ok.

The lower price-point on the 30 day membership better be much lower and more cost effective than the 1 year variety where we were actually getting around 15 months for $100. You main veteran playerbase was likely always subbing up for long term, but by the sound of it, you don't care about veterans in the slightest.

One final question, is the daily login reward system only for subscribers?

ps: I haven't finished catching up in this thread yet since it is already so long, but I am posting now anyway.
    Last edited by tapwater; 14th June 2016 at 15:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Mussagana View Post
    As an existing player however many character slots you have now will be the same amount you have after the change.
    Still confusing...

I am an existing player with premium membership which expires July 9th, 2016. I currently have 8 slots. Does this mean that after these changes go live and my membership expires I will get to keep the 8? You responded with the above statement to the following question...

Originally Posted by Lurvi

Anyways, I'd like to be f2p from now on, and as a previous sub, how many characters can I play? 2 (!) should be a minimum.
    This leads me to believe that yes, we will get to keep all of our slots when we let our membership expire, which I am doing.
    Hrulfr - Bear Shaman of Crom

Quote Originally Posted by EmSi86 View Post
    so im wondering about one thing, since those new caches drop sometimes pots from shop, which are pretty much low imo, 100% pve exp, thats ofc usefull but only for leveling players, im sitting at 20 x lvl 80 atm xD, 100%aa bonus is nice but 100% pvp *only kills* (which is low margin of overall gain) is a bit wierd since nowadays pretty much most of exp come out of activities that would need regular buff like for example halloween candies do have or manuals of carnage or old rings of advancement have,

so my question is will those 30% bonuses for beign premium member count for all pvp activities - for example will they buff by 30% all kind of mementos that we can accquire now?

btw please those new caches seems bit seriouss rip off to me - ive opened 16 of them on one of my characters till this time and didnt get single epic drop (there which legendary are possible), so ive spend more on it that i did spent several times in past to get ring i wanted and which was my aim also this time, and this only for 1 chars, and as mentioned i got 20 x lvl 80 toons

also those caches drop real junk, not worth of price and effort there is to get something out of it, ie imperial insignias, flasks or even teleport coins could be argued up to it, spend 5 euro to get nothing, please do smth about it
    any answer?
    Your Slam critically slashes Lozig for 2813.

Quote Originally Posted by EmSi86 View Post
    any answer?
    They took time on their lunch break last week. Now its back to business as usual and ignoring us.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Okay, I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but just want to be 27% sure;

I have a hand full of accounts that are currently sitting as F2P which were previously subbed. They have RotGS already purchased. It's my understanding that they shall remain inaccessible unless I sub for a month NOW on those accounts to renable access permanently and henceforth in to F2Pdom? If I dont resub now, then I have to re-purchase that access in F2P mode which is permanent F2P?

And if I'm right, then why does this sound like some massive share-market pump up? Is your head-honcho gaming the system again? This always seemsto happen on a quarterly or yearly =D I want an ivory backscratcher for my sub bonus, please (fake ivory, I'll shoot anyone who uses real ivory).

I understand you likely don't know RIGHT NOW, but what will the price of piecemeal purchasing these area's likely cost? so far you've only mentioned DS and RotGS. As mentined previously, HoC and unchained and where do the raids stop...After the recent price hike in EVERYTHING whilst simultaneously nerfing all the useful and fun stuff, you've hardly endeared yourself to people. And this recent hotfix had nothing to do with that increasingly popular device.

Anywhoooo, F2P with existing RotGS will need to re-buy access if not subbed after cut-off date questionmark.

Quote Originally Posted by stiiixy View Post
    Okay, I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but just want to be 27% sure;

I have a hand full of accounts that are currently sitting as F2P which were previously subbed. They have RotGS already purchased. It's my understanding that they shall remain inaccessible unless I sub for a month NOW on those accounts to renable access permanently and henceforth in to F2Pdom? If I dont resub now, then I have to re-purchase that access in F2P mode which is permanent F2P?

And if I'm right, then why does this sound like some massive share-market pump up? Is your head-honcho gaming the system again? This always seemsto happen on a quarterly or yearly =D I want an ivory backscratcher for my sub bonus, please (fake ivory, I'll shoot anyone who uses real ivory).

I understand you likely don't know RIGHT NOW, but what will the price of piecemeal purchasing these area's likely cost? so far you've only mentioned DS and RotGS. As mentined previously, HoC and unchained and where do the raids stop...After the recent price hike in EVERYTHING whilst simultaneously nerfing all the useful and fun stuff, you've hardly endeared yourself to people. And this recent hotfix had nothing to do with that increasingly popular device.

Anywhoooo, F2P with existing RotGS will need to re-buy access if not subbed after cut-off date questionmark.

Nope, u will have access if u bought them.

We are making a mistake here. We are all arguing from a players and customers point of view, from within the game experience, because we think that this is an actually conversation and that we and Funcom are on the same page here: To create the best possible environment to be able to play a fantastic game, to buy a good product and be satisfied with it, or to sell a good product and be satisfied with it, and maintain a good customer/company relationship.

This is not the case for Funcom.

They just want to milk money out of what is left of the game, and that's it. They do not need or want our feedback, they have a buisness plan for AoC and that is: Get as much money out of it with the least efford.
    If you get this it is only logical why veterans are not the prime target of this new model: Because most of us already gave them their money. Most of us have months, if not years of gametime left. They can not make fast and easy money with us. The money we payed for this left gametime will not show up in this quarter, and we all know that the call if this new system is a success will only be made up on the numbers of the next quarter...which starts right when the new system starts.
    In order to get some money out of veterans they do not shy away from any obvious scam.

Congrats on perverting the whole spirit of the game, I never thought it would come to this. We were actually discussing if raid gear should be obtainable via non raid content, the whole new level of just selling it in the item store never occurred to us.

I am done. I will not start to give feedback about how brainwashed decisions like deleting offline levels will affect the game, and in the longer term Funcoms income. Regardless what you say, you neither want our feedback nor do you work with it. I personally have enough gametime left so I do not need to give them any new money. Of course I will continue to play until then - if there is anyone left to play with, and if the consequences of the changes are not too bad or do spoil my experinece ingame.