Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes to Membership, Offline Levels, & more

Why veteran tokens remain and can be used up and yet offline level which was part of the previous membership deal will be taken away?

This is really contradictory in principle and making gamers that had taken up your previous offer feel cheated.

At least the grace period for the offline could be made longer.

Please reconsider.

1). Can you confirm what happens to previous items and claims that were purchased or rewarded Account Wide for new toons.

2). Can you confirm what is happening with the shop. For the daily pots you have intimated the daily login rewards will compensate for these. Without details it is very hard to trust you. You have taken away our 200 pts per month and increased the prices 400% and removed account wide for items. Given the 400% increase, any account wide would also be 400% increased in cost ?

3). I am subbed for next 11 months at the old price. A lot of veterans will have similar renewal timing because a long long time ago you had decent anniversary offers. You now say you are reducing the 30 day price and therefore I assume you will comensurately reduce the longer term memberships also. Can you confirm that long term subscibers such as myself get a refund? If not, veterans such as myself who got a lizard on the anniversary and resubbed have been shafted as we paid 12 months at old rate when 1 month later it would have been much cheaper? And then to insult us further you remove benefits we had paid for and replace them with a 400% increased P2W shop.

Not feeling the love here.
    Last edited by Hot-Ice; 14th June 2016 at 05:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    The Offline Levels part was definitely something I was concerned about as well, but the passive boosts to XP gains (instead of having to use the Blessing of Asura) should boost progression enough to the point where they won't be needed. Plus, it's a reason for people to actually log in and play their alts instead of sitting on OLs. That's how I see it, anyway.
    The operative word in this quote is "should" .... Meaning that it has not been tested that people will not need to repeat villas or randomly kill at level npcs in order to level up the next set of quests and/or questing zone
    However, in addition to this Funcom is not thinking about how and why offlines are used by players....these come in a variety of forms from:
    A) I hate levelling at all
    B) i have levelled x# of toons on my veteran account that I hate leveling now
    C) i have levelled through all the zones and done most if the quests at least once, I know what I like doing and know what quests and/or areas etc that I do not like so offline to bypass those
    D) i was levelling up with friend(s), but they got ahead of me and now we can not do quests together because they are too far ahead
    E) reach a level barrier where the only way to get to next is doing repeated villas or mindless killing of npcs before finding next set of quest givers...
    F) the current quests are just to hard but one or two more levels make all the difference to being able to get it done.

Myself: points c d e and f all apply...

Do not take away my offlines.....just because I have not used them all as soon as they became available does not mean I do not value them, it does not mean that I will not want to use them in the future.....

Will suscribers still get the additional feat tree from the trainers ingame for free like we currently can when we create a new character?
    Last edited by Anzu; 14th June 2016 at 08:39.

Any word on if we can eventually change our genders? i started as a male but now i feel like a woman? that would be more useful than getting rid of offline levels

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post

Monthly bonus points are not a part of Membership.

That about wraps up what’s going on; if I missed anything, I’ll be sure to add on to this. I'm sure you all have plenty of say about all this, so please, again, feel free to leave your feedback here in this thread.
    Okay here is a question, Most of us purchase the most recent special offer some 12 months + that offered 200 bonus points every month. Is funcom going to total out what everyone is due.. Or End the Bonus to them when their account sub ends.

I'm mean Those 200 pts is part of a agreement of purchase that we mad at the time. So I hate to say it, this was the offer and it needs to be met. My sub ends 6/2017 So i should end up with 2400 pts by the original offer that was made to me!

Having to login everyday to claim the daily reward is truly going to suck. Its gonna feel like a chore, just like killing the WB on characters I dont play. If you allow us to claim the reward on all toons at once in the item shop, that would still remind people of AoC and maintains the low threshold to log on and play. But if I have to daily relog 12 times Im quickly gonna loose intrest, and also feel like all my toons are missing out. Demotivation and a declining intrest isnt in your best intrest.

Also 30% isn't all that much, not sure if that is enough to keep me subbing for pvp.

Removing offline levels is nice, or it would be if there was no way to buy a lvl 80 character. Because with that in place, it looks more like a way to rip some cash off veterans than anything else.
    I'm still happy it's gone though.

If i look at it from a veteran stand point, there is nothing i need from the sub, which is good, because i'm done giving FC money. Their pay to win shop on top of the fact that no content is being produced is a deal breaker.

Now for a new subber, that membership seems ok, i guess.

Anyway, 2 big news since the last week. A new membership that veterans don't need and don't care about, and a game breaking pay to win shop.

So all in all, the whole package still deserves a big fat red flag.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Removing offline levels is nice, or it would be if there was no way to buy a lvl 80 character. Because with that in place, it looks more like a way to rip some cash off veterans than anything else.
    I'm still happy it's gone though.

If i look at it from a veteran stand point, there is nothing i need from the sub, which is good, because i'm done giving FC money. Their pay to win shop on top of the fact that no content is being produced is a deal breaker.

Now for a new subber, that membership seems ok, i guess.

Anyway, 2 big news since the last week. A new membership that veterans don't need and don't care about, and a game breaking pay to win shop.

So all in all, the whole package still deserves a big fat red flag.
    So at least Veteran raiders can log on once a while and raid with their friends without having to pay anything any more

Why are you only putting up these feedback threads on general forums? Don't you think these changes deserve some feedback from pure f2p (part of your target audience?) also? You are aware many of them can not post here? Or have you disabled these restriction already?

Some changes could actually bring some positive feedback from these crowd, couldn't they??? And if you are afraid of too much negative feedback, still do it, so you can scrap the negative sides of your scheme backed up by feedback (we only loose money or gain more free time, the odds are greater for funcom to do this right).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 14th June 2016 at 08:46.

Now pveers nearly have an idea about what pvpers usually feels here. Newbies are pleased and veterans abandoned same as it was pve vs pvp.

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast