Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes to Membership, Offline Levels, & more

"We are also implementing a daily login reward and challenge system which will grant various rewards for free, including consumables, tokens, AA XP, and more. "

So now I have to log in all of my 19 lvl 80 characters each day to claim some reward? Or did you set something up where we can do it from one character?

And just what do TSW people get for their subscriptions, since I don't play the game?

I believe in the other thread thats 50+ pages long that one of the Funcom guys mentioned that there would likely be a stipend of Gilding Tokens to purchase items like vanity from gilding vendors.

Is this, or will it be, included in the new system? Because if I had known the changes to the item store (and now to membership) were going to be this shoddy, I would have account wide unlocked the entire vanity store while I was able.

Either that, or the amount of tokens granted per hoarding box needs to be increased, as the Ceremonial Black Dragon guard is 15 tokens. 360 points for one box which grants 2 tokens. It is 2,880 points for that set now.

"That's correct; we feel that the overall value of the new Membership with all its factors combined (New conveniences and perks, Loyalty Rewards, lower pricepoint on 30-day membership) has increased to the level where you won't miss the extra 200 points per month. We hope you'll agree "

I don't agree. Nothing is in the new package that I like well enough to offset the massive price increases and loss of item shop options. Plus the ridiculousness of being lottery challenged into trying to get t5 gear via having money to throw away.

T4 I could have seen...t5? Most guilds can't do t5 and now you are letting people get geared up if they can throw money at you and have a ton of luck.

What exactly are these 'loyalty rewards'? You already mentioned AA points. Which are useless for most veteran players.

Unsticky all the helpful threads, punish veterans, flash fake potential for new players who don't come, lie about your moderation policies, allow scammers and spammers to run wild, allow regular sexual, racial, religious and even more specific abuse to flood every chat channel, slap us in the face on the last 2 anniversaries and make content nobody asked for while scrapping what we all wanted.

Never again will I give Funcom any money. Not one more thin dime, boys and girls, and I'll warn every person who ever considers a Funcom title to avoid this poxed wreck of a company.

Screenshotting this post in case you delete it, too.

Hi, a few questions

- Is there (still) a discount (like 10% or 20 % as in secret world) on the shop when you are a member ? I can't find this info anywhere

- How much point will cost the RotGS (Khitai) extension ? I am a member, and still have not bought it. EDIT : ANSWER 1750
    Actually I bought and spent some points in addition of a year subscription, planning to refuel enough bonus points to buy Khitai, seems it won't be possible
    So I wonder how much I will have to pay more on funcom points as I am hitting soon my level 80
    + EDIT : IMO, as it was a condition announced in the subscription, the 200 points / month should run until the end of the current subscription. 2400 fp are not a big deal (20$), but that was the deal.

- In the new system, are there restriction on the race and class you can create/play, when you are not a subscriber ? (There was before the revamp, as my old stygian necro was invisible and I could only see the new character created).

+ EDIT : when someone switch to ftp, the number of characters playables (on the characters he has already create) is still unclear for me. Is it you cant create more character but can play those created, or you have now only one. Then my question :
    - If you come back from premium to free to play, can you choose (and change the choice) of the unique character you can play ?

- If you have no veterans bag, what will be the maximum bag you can find in game (and not in the shop) ?
    I am not personnally fond of the fact you have to buy bags to play with a little comfort. I like the shop as in TSW for vanities, clothes, and not for things you are forced to buy to have an experience of the game without boulders on the ankle.

A comment about the veteran shop, what was cool was you had a choice between some items to get, so not all the players had chosen the same items. With a loyalty system as it has been set in TSW, everyone has the same item after some months. You are happy (really happy )when you get a bunch of items for free of course, but other side of the coin, every other old subscriber has the same.

- Offline levels, if I have well understood I have to use the ones I have before the 30th of June or they will be deleted ?
    +EDIT : I vote for a bigger delay before they would be deleted. 15 days is just short.

- It would be nice for the newcomers and the old who returns, to have an actualized FAQ with all these kind of questions, as I was a little lost when I started (to calculate my optimization of bags, to know there was veterans shop, and even now, between the differents tokens, and general infos about the ingame new people can't find alone.
    Last edited by Laoise; 14th June 2016 at 20:49.

Default Comparing The Secret World and Age of Conan membership offers.

The Secret world:
    Starting in February 2016, major changes are happening to the loyalty system and membership benefits in The Secret World. Membership benefits will now provide persistent perks as long as players remain a member and additional monthly bonuses will be rewarded based on time. Currently, there are 360 days of loyalty rewards and more will be announced every 6 months.

Veteran Points will be phased out, but they will remain a separate currency that can still be spent in the Item Store. Additionally, players who purchased the game will receive the first 30 days of Membership rewards.

Membership benefits:
    •A 30% increase to all Experience earned (this replaces the Time Accelerator).
    •A 50% boost to all Black Bullions gained.
    •20% extra capacity for Black Bullions and Marks of the Pantheon.
    •8-hour Mission Cooldowns.
    •18-hour Raid Lockout Timers.
    •2 Lockout Timer Resets every 30 days. This item resets all active Cooldowns (Missions/Raids/Scenarios).
    •A 10% storewide discount for everything in the item shop (20% for Grand Masters).
    •1200 Bonus Points every 30 days.
    •Free Anima Leaps!

For players looking to stick with The Secret World for the long haul, Grand Master memberships are 25% off and will instantly grant all loyalty rewards

Age of Conan: odonoptera'post
    Membership will now grant the following:

•A passive 30% bonus to PvE and PvP XP, including AA for as long as you’re a member. This replaces the Blessing of Asura. The Blessing of Asura will be removed from all characters.
    •15 Teleport Coins, per character, each month for free.
    •Boosted Token gains from Raids, PvP and Khitai areas.
    •A passive 30% increase to all faction gains.
    •The ability to unlock Alternate Advancement perks via time, starting at Level 20.
    •An additional AA point per level gained.
    •+7 Character slots. New, Free accounts made after the transition start with 1 character slot by default. All existing accounts will keep however many slots they had.
    •Increased Quest Journal capacity.
    •Unlimited gold capacity.

Important: Offline Levels are being completely removed from the game once the new membership system goes live. We’re aiming at June 30th; this date is subject to change, but you should use your offline levels by then, as they will disappear after the changes go live!

As a veteran player, I see very little benefits for almost fully developed toons, in the Age of Conan membership offer. Sure the new membership offer will benefit new players. As a veteran player, I dislike paying for a membership, when my toons have been locked out of any meaningful progression. I really like this part of The Secret Worlds offer, and if it could be incorporated into the Age of Conan offer, I think it would be a more positive step forward.

•8-hour Mission Cooldowns.
    •18-hour Raid Lockout Timers.
    •2 Lockout Timer Resets every 30 days. This item resets all active Cooldowns (Missions/Raids/Scenarios).

Sincerely, veteran players have 1500 achievement points and are able to move around the Age of Conan map. Teleport coins send you straight to the instance location. But are useless if you are locked out of the instance. Lets change the lockout timer in the membership, to make the game more playable, more often.
    Last edited by kyto01; 14th June 2016 at 03:27.

And here I was hoping for an interesting 1y sub offer to get more veteran tokens for some faction switching. True story

Damn... :/
    Echotun - DT

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Membership will now grant the following:

• A passive 30% bonus to PvE and PvP XP, including AA for as long as you’re a member. This replaces the Blessing of Asura. The Blessing of Asura will be removed from all characters.
    • 15 Teleport Coins, per character, each month for free.
    • Boosted Token gains from Raids, PvP and Khitai areas.
    • A passive 30% increase to all faction gains.
    • The ability to unlock Alternate Advancement perks via time, starting at Level 20.
    • An additional AA point per level gained.
    • +7 Character slots. New, Free accounts made after the transition start with 1 character slot by default. All existing accounts will keep however many slots they had.
    • Increased Quest Journal capacity.
    • Unlimited gold capacity.

Important: Offline Levels are being completely removed from the game once the new membership system goes live. We’re aiming at June 30th; this date is subject to change, but you should use your offline levels by then, as they will disappear after the changes go live!

Monthly bonus points are not a part of Membership.
    As a 7-8 year subscription paying player I feel like these features might attract a limited number of new subscribers but they do not offer much to loyal paying players who supported the game all these years.
    All my toons are lvl 80 and almost all have maxed out all the AAs and have completed most of the relevant factions. I assume AA expansion (to spend all the points that have accumulated) is out of the question? There are hardly any quests left to do and aside from the arena pets I hardly bought anything worth more than 2 gold. I really see nothing that would make me pay for subscription any more.

Also, aside from the character slots purchased with FC points, which i assume will stay, there used to be some subscription deals years ago that awarded character slots. Will these slots remain unlocked when going f2p?

Either you're all stupid or you think we all are.

-xp bonus? Do any of you even play your own damn games? That Edit by Anzu: No. works in TSW because leveling is potentially infinite there, it doesn't end at 80, so xp bonus is actually useful for a TSW vet.

-Free teleport coins? I got a whole bunch of teleports as an old vet. Unless you're taking those away, I'm not gonna give you money for it (not that I'm ever gonna give you money, cos I hate your guts but let's pretend otherwise for argument's sake). Also, "free" coins implies there's nonfree versions. Are you planning to remove my existing teleports in an attempt to make me buy teleport coins? That'll go well for you.

-Token and faction boosts? First item on that list that's not complete horseshit. Still, not really worth paying money for. Especially since I'm an old vet who's already got all the factions and tokens I want on all my toons that matters.

-More AA? Again, it's not completely idiotic but it's absolutely worthless for a vet. You might get paid for this by newcomers (if there are ever any newcomers to this shitstorm).

-Oh, boy, 8 character slots!!! Trying to rephrase something subbers already have as a shiny new bonus? Edit by Anzu: No.

-Also let's screw any potential newcomers who might maybe someday appear to try your f2p by removing their second free slot? Normally I'd be cynical and attribute to malice everything that could've been explained as stupid/careless/ignorant, Edit by Anzu: No.

-Bigger journal? You seriously think that's worth paying money for? Seriously?

-Woah, dude, unlimited gold!?! Edit by Anzu: No.

-No more offline levels? Not only no more of them, but existing ones are also going byebye? While I, personally, don't care one way or other about those, there's gonna be players who will. What do you wanna bet that they're gonna happy about it instead of, say, mad? A few paying, extremely loyal customers who stuck with you over the years despite all of your Edit by Anzu: No., you say? You're on!

-Loyalty rewards program? Loyalty as in, your few unreasonably loyal customers of many years (up to 8) who're gonna get jack Edit by Anzu: No. for it? That sort of loyalty we're looking at here? You Edit by Anzu: No. better get off your asses and figure out a way to retroactively reward players who's stuck with you for years. You did this same Edit by Anzu: No. over in TSW, but TSW players hadn't endured your Edit by Anzu: No. policies for this many years PLUS TSW wasn't clearly and obviously on Edit by Anzu: No. life support when you pulled that crap.

-No free fc for subbing? Because "you feel" the crap above is good enough? Yeah, no. Edit by Anzu: No. We're able to read AND count.

-Also a blanket increase on every damn thing on the cashshop? We already know you have no Edit by Anzu: No. idea what microtransaction means, you don't need to set up giant 100 foot sign made of flaming letters.

Whoever is in charge of this Edit by Anzu: No. needs to get it into their thick skull that AoC IS NOT TSW and its players have had enough of your Edit by Anzu: No.. Your new model is terribad and doesn't appeal in the least to a goddamn vet, make a better showing or just shut this shitshow down. Do you Edit by Anzu: No. this hard on Anarchy Online too?

I hate that I've become one of "those" forum guys. Edit by Anzu: No. for that too, FC.
    Last edited by Anzu; 14th June 2016 at 08:36.

All in all I'm pretty pleased now. Ofc this desaster - to let the new shop go online before letting us know the other changes - has hurt. But I'm not unforgiving.

Teleports are very important for guilds like us who raid in a manner that often needs people to swap toons during the raid. Furthermore, it makes 6-Mans quicker - yes, even if you have Achievement Points teleports. Earlier I got ~11 teleports free per month, now it are 15. Very nice.

Pots will come with the daily logins or quests - I like that. But pls dont forget the (small) selfres-pots.

F2P can now access everything if they bought the expansion - very nice for our guild.

Under these circumstances I can live with the missing monthly "free" FC Points and the higher prices at the shop. About vet tokens - they remain in the game as well as the vet trader - so thats also ok for me. Offlines: Why delete them? Ok, we dont get no more new ones. But dont delete the old ones, thats causing unneccessary hardship for some.

One last thing remains: T5 Loot in boxes. Personally I don't care about it, but what I got to know from many guildies: They are pissed bc they work so hard on T5 and now you can buy the gear if you are very rich. We are one of the many guilds working on T5 Vistrix. Only 13 guilds are known to have done him at all. (See Thread: Crom Raid progression). Some of these 13 dont have the power anymore to beat him btw. AoC isnt an easy game in the endgame raids. So as I said, personally I dont care much, but its clear that a very large majority of players are pissed bc of that - so just remove T5 gear from the boxes. T4 can be pugged by now, so giving away T4 gear for money doesnt cause so much animosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemer View Post
    And here I was hoping for an interesting 1y sub offer to get more veteran tokens for some faction switching. True story

Damn... :/
    As far as I get it: If you buy your 1 year NOW - you will get the Vet tokens and you can use them whenever you like, also after the changes. The Vet traders remain in the game
    Last edited by Anzu; 14th June 2016 at 08:38.

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast