Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes to Membership, Offline Levels, & more

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    If the raid lockout was adjusted to 36 hours, that would be phenominal!!
    They don't have to copy all the numbers exactly from TSW but at least they should consider what makes their offers better than AoC and consider improving the things here.

In my opinion making people able to raid more is way better for the game then selling them gear in the shop.

AoC shop got all the prices inflated, yet they are taking away the monthly bonus points.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Normal raid lockouts in tsw is like 36 hours though..
    To be fair, TSW only has a grand total of 3 raid bosses to fight, each having a normal and nightmare version for 6 possible encounters. The last time I checked only 1 group had killed all 3 nightmare bosses and 1 other group had killed 2 with nobody else even close. So for most people there are only 3 bosses which would not work with week long lockouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bvis View Post
    To be fair, TSW only has a grand total of 3 raid bosses to fight, each having a normal and nightmare version for 6 possible encounters. The last time I checked only 1 group had killed all 3 nightmare bosses and 1 other group had killed 2 with nobody else even close. So for most people there are only 3 bosses which would not work with week long lockouts.
    You also have to remember in AOC not all guilds do a whole raid in one night. Maybe 96 or 120h would work better?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellisia View Post
    You also have to remember in AOC not all guilds do a whole raid in one night. Maybe 96 or 120h would work better?
    I'd rather take the extra tokens than doing the content more often. It wouldnt work the same in tsw as in aoc. In tsw one raid instance is just one boss instead of several like in aoc. It might work with Slithering Chaos though... Or with the raid finder..

I'm still a bit dissapointed we're getting teleport coins rather than bonus points from the offer. I would get teleport coins worth over 10k points.. I would be hundred times more happy with 1200 bonus points I could spend on whatever the f uck I want to.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Default What exactly is Dragonspine

First and foremost what exactly is dragonspine when you say that it will become its very own pack. Secondly, what qualifies as purchased content. If for example I purchased the original box version of the game am I entitled to that free pack or how about Khitai box? Does it have to be an actual purchase of something from the item shop? Does having an active membership at the time of the change count? I mean technically membership is not an item shop purchase. Clarification would be nice. Basically I need to know if I need to waste my money buying something from the item shop that I currently get just by having an active membership. I am newly returning to the game so sorry if these questions are obvious.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by jh25737 View Post
    First and foremost what exactly is dragonspine when you say that it will become its very own pack. Secondly, what qualifies as purchased content. If for example I purchased the original box version of the game am I entitled to that free pack or how about Khitai box? Does it have to be an actual purchase of something from the item shop? Does having an active membership at the time of the change count? I mean technically membership is not an item shop purchase. Clarification would be nice. Basically I need to know if I need to waste my money buying something from the item shop that I currently get just by having an active membership. I am newly returning to the game so sorry if these questions are obvious.

Thanks,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

that's dragonspine
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by jh25737 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    An active membership will not be required to enter *any* content you have already purchased. This means any Rise of the Godslayer or Dragon’s Spine playfield, including associated raids and Unchained dungeons.

Dragon’s Spine will be sold separately in a new content pack. UPDATE: If you have ever made a purchase in Age of Conan up until the new system launches, you'l get Dragon's Spine for free!

It sounds like they mean to make it the zone with all linked raids, but i believe it when i see it
    Also "made a purchase" sounds like it will include both shop and membership transactions from the past (though it sounds weird that they link it to purchases, not membership, but atm they can not loose by being generous...)

@Odonoptera/Funcom: Can you answer the questions about char slots please?
    - Will a current f2p with 12 slots now have 12 slots after the change? (the wording used implies 12 slots stay 12 slots, but better be sure)
    - Will a current premium member with 12 slots have 6 or 5 (12-6 or 12-7) playable slots, if she/he goes f2p after the change?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 17th June 2016 at 09:43.

Removing offline level functionality ... ok, I don't see a reason for that, but I can live with it.

Deleting already received offline levels ... absolutely NO!

I have +250 offline levels available (and more or less saved!) and until end of June the timeframe to build up 4-5 chars up to level 30 to be able to use the offline levels to bring them up to 80 is too short for a "normal" player. A lot of players have much more offline levels saved.

As a veteran I don't want to level up my "new" chars again and again from 1 to 80...
    My suggestion/wish reagarding this:
    Postpone at least the "deletion" of existing offline levels for some months or better skip it.

Buying a level 80? No way, prices in shop are insolent (in many cases). I spent already hundreds of Euros into this game, and the actual cash grab is purely an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    It sounds like they mean to make it the zone with all linked raids, but i believe it when i see it
    Also "made a purchase" sounds like it will include both shop and membership transactions from the past (though it sounds weird that they link it to purchases, not membership, but atm they can not loose by being generous...)

@Odonoptera/Funcom: Can you answer the questions about char slots please?
    - Will a current f2p with 12 slots now have 12 slots after the change? (the wording used implies 12 slots stay 12 slots, but better be sure)
    - Will a current premium member with 12 slots have 6 or 5 (12-6 or 12-7) playable slots, if she/he goes f2p after the change?
    Well I don't want to make an assumption and then get screwed for it. So can I get an official answer Funcom on what qualifies you for Dragonspine.

Quote Originally Posted by nattok View Post
    Removing offline level functionality ... ok, I don't see a reason for that, but I can live with it.

Deleting already received offline levels ... absolutely NO!

I have +250 offline levels available (and more or less saved!) and until end of June the timeframe to build up 4-5 chars up to level 30 to be able to use the offline levels to bring them up to 80 is too short for a "normal" player. A lot of players have much more offline levels saved.

As a veteran I don't want to level up my "new" chars again and again from 1 to 80...
    My suggestion/wish reagarding this:
    Postpone at least the "deletion" of existing offline levels for some months or better skip it.

Buying a level 80? No way, prices in shop are insolent (in many cases). I spent already hundreds of Euros into this game, and the actual cash grab is purely an insult.
    Clicking the button to level Alt09 to 80 certainly has it's charm.

On the other hand... with the changes you'll level 30% faster, gain 30% more faction while doing so assuming you level via Vanaheim and perhaps by fighting pets, I haven't tried that yet so no idea if it even gives exp, while also earning double the AA points and gaining bonus exp and tokens for the daily challenges. From what's been said possibly Gilding Tokens will be a reward for the dailies which would be excellent if so. You'll also be out in the world interacting with other people which should be better for the long term health of the game, especially if these changes bring in new people. All if you're subbed of course but you need to sub to get offline levels as well.

That said I'm not opposed to people keeping the offline levels they have now and being able to use them when they want.