Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes to Membership, Offline Levels, & more

Quote Originally Posted by jsstark View Post
    Understandable ??? Really??? They selling me DS??? Wasn't paid from my subscription all this 8years im subbed?? Why if I sub at 30 I 'll get it free and if I sub September I will have to buy it extra? Really? Is it part of the new membership to give free old content for subbed players at a specific date and sell it to nosubbed players at that date ?? Is it tortage next???
    Not in their world view. In my context this is why i can say "the sub value is reduced"...note i did say "understandable", not "good choice". Sadly it shows where they are headed (since Vanaheim at least). Be prepared to buy for any scrap development in the future, since they obviously do not see development of content as part of the subscription value. (Actually while they developed dragonspine i was subbed and even as f2p later i was paying for other stuff, so in theory i should have had access to it as f2p, which i had not. Would it have been nice to have it? yes. DId i have a right on it? Not with the terms and conditions i signed. Did it put me off from buying content or sub that it was premium only? yes, sure it did). I am still curious if truly all "unchained" content will be available for f2p or if they do not end up in an "unchained lottery content extra hype mega pack box" ...

In theory and legally they could do similar to what you say...announce a big revamp and offer each instance (from tortage onwards) as module you have to pay for and make the "sub" only a collection of fluffy speedup and bonus stuff...charging everyone not actively subbed at time of change extra. Would that be a good choice? I think you know the answer...which frightens me now that i posted it, because they are maybe heading this way
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 14th June 2016 at 11:03.

The "new" item shop seems like from another game. It is not in Age of Conan style. Very bad made. The old item shop was much better from design.
    Where are all of the social sets? Why does Funcom make this change without to say us something or to ask us if we want it.
    Sorry, but i think this is a very bad job.
    Please, get back the old item shop in the game.

Default Free access to Khitai for F2P players?

Does F2P player will have a free access to Khitai and Dragon Spine (and their raids [T4, T5 & T6]) after they buy the expansions like Turan (with T3.5 raid) and Vannheim?

Quote Originally Posted by beatart View Post
    Does F2P player will have a free access to Khitai and Dragon Spine (and their raids [T4, T5 & T6]) after they buy the expansions like Turan (with T3.5 raid) and Vannheim?
    First post in here: "An active membership will not be required to enter *any* content you have already purchased. This means any Rise of the Godslayer or Dragon’s Spine playfield, including associated raids and Unchained dungeons. Dragon’s Spine will be sold separately in a new content pack. If you are an active Member at the time the new system launches, we’ll give you the Dragon’s Spine pack for free!"

This sounds like it. I am still worried about "unchained" instances liked to the original content (not a pack) like HoC, AoK etc..
    This looks like a positive change that lets f2p and premium rejoin forces and population (unless they do not remove the chat restrictions).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 14th June 2016 at 11:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Membership will now grant the following:

A passive 30% bonus to PvE and PvP XP, including AA for as long as you’re a member. This replaces the Blessing of Asura. The Blessing of Asura will be removed from all characters.
    I don't see how this is supposed to be an improvement, at least not for PvE. The old offers (which gave 10 or 20 4h potions of +100% xp) were more than enough to bring a new character from 1 to 80, especially for someone who already has leveled at least one toon before (which, I'd guess, is the main target of such offers). Going from 100% to 30% slows down leveling and, after the character has reached level 80, the permanent xp bonus is completely and utterly useless.

15 Teleport Coins, per character, each month for free.
    This is nice. Nearly useless for whoever has the 1500 achievement points teleports unlocked, but still better to have than to not have.

Boosted Token gains from Raids, PvP and Khitai areas.
    A passive 30% increase to all faction gains.
    The ability to unlock Alternate Advancement perks via time, starting at Level 20.
    An additional AA point per level gained.
    Good, but this also underlines that you know those are all grinds.

+7 Character slots. New, Free accounts made after the transition start with 1 character slot by default. All existing accounts will keep however many slots they had.
    How is this a new bonus? Current situation: F2p gets 2 slots, subbed gets 8. New situation: F2p gets 1 slot, subbed still gets 8. This is worse than now.

Increased Quest Journal capacity.
    Unlimited gold capacity.
    Unlimited gold is the same as now, increased journal... assuming it's an actual increase over the 45 current slots, it's nice but hardly significant.

Important: Offline Levels are being completely removed from the game once the new membership system goes live. We’re aiming at June 30th; this date is subject to change, but you should use your offline levels by then, as they will disappear after the changes go live!
    Flat out horrible. I have nearly 300 offline levels which were part of the services I purchased and you're now unilaterally removing part of those services, with a very short warning to boot.
    For any veteran player, offline levels were useful to "jump-start" a toon at the correct levels needed for the purist achievement. This capability is being removed without even any cash shop replacement (bringing a toon straight to 80 is useless for purist). This, alongside the removal of the +xp potions and the "go immediately to 80" shop offers, smells of an obvious cash grab which will result in a net quality of life decrease for new and old players alike.

Veteran Tokens are no longer gained with Membership, but players will keep what they had and may still use them at Veteran vendors. Instead of Veteran Tokens, Members will be enrolled in The Loyalty Rewards program. This offers awesome new rewards for our Members at 30, 60, 90, 180, and 360-day tiers, including a brand-new mount type as the top-end reward. Additional rewards will be unveiled every 6 months.

We are also implementing a daily login reward and challenge system which will grant various rewards for free, including consumables, tokens, AA XP, and more.
    This is hard to judge without further details about those rewards.

But the worse thing by far:

Monthly bonus points are not a part of Membership.
    This is different from TSW and to just about any other similar offer in the MMO space. Considering also the huge difference in development effort between TSW and AoC, it's quite hard to understand the logic behind this choice. Just about the only rational explanation coming to mind is a last ditch cash grab before shutting down the game for good, working on the assumption that annoying all the veteran players doesn't matter since the game is closing down soon anyway. I think your decision makers hugely underestimated the power of word of mouth, though. Especially with the launch of a new game in a few months.

After having reviewed these details, my overall opinion of the membership and cash shop changes is strongly negative.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post

This is different from TSW and to just about any other similar offer in the MMO space. Considering also the huge difference in development effort between TSW and AoC, it's quite hard to understand the logic behind this choice. Just about the only rational explanation coming to mind is a last ditch cash grab before shutting down the game for good, working on the assumption that annoying all the veteran players doesn't matter since the game is closing down soon anyway. I think your decision makers hugely underestimated the power of word of mouth, though. Especially with the launch of a new game in a few months.

After having reviewed these details, my overall opinion of the membership and cash shop changes is strongly negative.
    This is exactly the notion they should dispel in a believeable way as soon as possible (hard to do, if you are right, but even then they should try). One way could be to rethink and adapt these changes, so they actually boost BOTH f2p and premium. Then remodel the shop with a lot more options, more products and drastically REDUCED prices. Then in a short time realease something new contentwise (not new "balance" or "update")...something to ensure the community you have longterm plans apart from Conan Exiles and you trust your products enough to make sales without cheap tricks and intend to target a larger audience than players already there. Another way would be to market AoC actively in TSW and Exiles, like including free AoC months in that membership/payment options.
    The content suggestion is hardest to do, but imperative nonetheless. Even a quick anniversary or membership revamp module could do, if the first two parts (shop and membership) are done quickly and well enough. So not all is lost yet, funcom. Please use the feedback...any player you loose in AoC you will not gain for TSW and Exiles and these numbers multiply fast, reducing your possible target audience for the future.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 14th June 2016 at 12:22.

I have to agree with what have been said by many before me:

All these changes are great... ...if you are a new player. Vets are basically losing every interesting bits and aren't gaining much in return. XP, AA, Teleport coin, all these things doesn't make much difference for people who have a bunch a 80 alts. Especially since that, because offline level will be removed, all veteran will burn through them (so they don't waste hundred of them) and will have another batch of fresh 80 toons. Rest is no difference (unlimited gold, etc.)

While I understand the game might want to attract new characters, what's the benefit for the old timers ?
    Last edited by Jaedelyia; 14th June 2016 at 12:25.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    That is actually a pretty clever thought.
    We're planning on getting rid of the F2P forums and letting Free players post anywhere as long as they have a registered account. That's a good point, though--I'll post a copy of the OP in the F2P forums
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @AndyBenditt

Age of Conan Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Angry Theft

sorry but the mere 30% in xp gains IS NOT compensation for STEALING our offline levels....a lot of times the offline levels are spent to skip over certain gaps players find boring or tedious in game (considering they've leveld UMP-TEEN characters), or to "fast-forward" to areas they particularly enjoy.....none the less, offline levels are product in a bundle that was SOLD to us when we paid CASH.....this totally stinks that you would remove an incentive paid for by your customers and at the same time sell it in your itemstore....ive defended you when it was right but this is filthy and ALL paying customers subject to losing offline levels should be compensated for their loss of property. keep the **** 30% increase in xp I want my damn offline levels!

this has the same stench as increasing the price on the more popular potions.....whoever is making this greed driven shorthanding of customers is a dirtbag
    Last edited by Krysthammer; 14th June 2016 at 13:13.

Default Dear Odonoptera, please answer my question

so im wondering about one thing, since those new caches drop sometimes pots from shop, which are pretty much low imo, 100% pve exp, thats ofc usefull but only for leveling players, im sitting at 20 x lvl 80 atm xD, 100%aa bonus is nice but 100% pvp *only kills* (which is low margin of overall gain) is a bit wierd since nowadays pretty much most of exp come out of activities that would need regular buff like for example halloween candies do have or manuals of carnage or old rings of advancement have,

so my question is will those 30% bonuses for beign premium member count for all pvp activities - for example will they buff by 30% all kind of mementos that we can accquire now?

btw please those new caches seems bit seriouss rip off to me - ive opened 16 of them on one of my characters till this time and didnt get single epic drop (there which legendary are possible), so ive spend more on it that i did spent several times in past to get ring i wanted and which was my aim also this time, and this only for 1 chars, and as mentioned i got 20 x lvl 80 toons

also those caches drop real junk, not worth of price and effort there is to get something out of it, ie imperial insignias, flasks or even teleport coins could be argued up to it, spend 5 euro to get nothing, please do smth about it
    Your Slam critically slashes Lozig for 2813.

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast