Thread: Gathering a group to play AOC have a question

Default Gathering a group to play AOC have a question

So I started a thread on reddit on finding a group of peps to start playing aoc, because it will be more fun. I've played it before but only a little, yet I remember that night time in tortage might f*ck us over since we will not be able to group.

My question when is the earliest we can go grouping? Can we do it right after the get our shackles off? And will there be enough content for us to level w/o the single player night time?

EDIT: And one more question, is there a reason a Norway based company only has USA server??

EDIT2: It seems my plan to go farm mobs and do quests in those zones like (Acheron ruins) is failed, because you can't enter them immediately after you get off the shackles, is it a level restriction or do I need to quests to unlock it?
    Last edited by Arunas; 12th June 2016 at 09:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Arunas View Post
    So I started a thread on reddit on finding a group of peps to start playing aoc, because it will be more fun. I've played it before but only a little, yet I remember that night time in tortage might f*ck us over since we will not be able to group.

My question when is the earliest we can go grouping? Can we do it right after the get our shackles off? And will there be enough content for us to level w/o the single player night time?

EDIT: And one more question, is there a reason a Norway based company only has USA server??

EDIT2: It seems my plan to go farm mobs and do quests in those zones like (Acheron ruins) is failed, because you can't enter them immediately after you get off the shackles, is it a level restriction or do I need to quests to unlock it?
    The single player quests (Tortage nighttime) does not give you more than a couple of levels in total. There is more than enough other quests to do for levelling without counting the nighttime quests.

You can group whenever you want - except when you are inside one of the solo-only areas - some of those quests bug out if you are in a group.

You will want to do the nighttime-quests too though - otherwise some later parts of the game will be locked out until you have done all of the Destiny/Nighttime quests.
    (In particular you will not be allowed to meet King Conan until the level 60-destiny quest is finished, and you can't start that unless you have done all the previous ones.)

As far as I know there is no special unlock-quests for any of the zones, but I could be wrong. If you want to enter Acheronian ruins immediately, then you might want to rethink - it will be very hard until you gain a few more levels. If you want a challenge when entering them as a group you can always choose to enter them in Epic mode - that is meant for groups.

It may be a Norwegian company, but they have offices in other countires too. In particular the AoC development team sits in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    In particular the AoC development intern sits in the US.
    Fixed that for you
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    Fixed that for you
    Just because the dev team is in the US doesn't guarantee they do anything with AoC

Go to Epic White Sands at level 5 with your friends.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Go to Epic White Sands at level 5 with your friends.
    hey mate! nice to still see you around!
    however, if they follow your advice, they are going to be slaughtered!

do the night quests, they will bring you around lvl 15, then get the quests for white sands and go there with a group in epic mode, this way you have a chance to enjoy it...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)