Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ethram Fal

The fight with the new timings is far far easier then it was before. I'd go as far as saying it's not harder then Cetriss and Zelandra anymore. Maybe it is even too easy but I agree to the sentiment that at this point a significant nerf like this it doesn't really matter anymore.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 22nd June 2016 at 09:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    The fight with the new timings is far far easier then it was before. I'd go as far as saying it's not harder then Cetriss and Zelandra anymore. Maybe it is even too easy but I agree to the sentiment that at this point a significant nerf like this it doesn't really matter anymore.
    what texan is proposing is not a significant nerf. its just getting the boss under reasonable limits. the fact that only 2 guilds have killed this and no one new has killed it in 6+ months says its a wee bit overtuned.. And yes with alot more practice im sure we can kill it, but the timings now making things more complicated.. I support texan's ideas.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    what texan is proposing is not a significant nerf. its just getting the boss under reasonable limits. the fact that only 2 guilds have killed this and no one new has killed it in 6+ months says its a wee bit overtuned.. And yes with alot more practice im sure we can kill it, but the timings now making things more complicated.. I support texan's ideas.
    It also says that it is beyond boring fight that many have literally zero motivation to do.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

In my opinion the change in timings is already a very significant nerf and makes the fight a whole lot easier. Once we get a bit more used to the changes I think it won't be much harder then for example Zelandra. Any guild that kills her reliably probably won't have much issues with it anymore. The changes in timing easily put the fight within reasonable limits in my opinion. Hopefully we get a couple more weeks of decent raids before full on summer slack kicks in and this boss should fall.

That said I still think it's a bad fight but asking for a complete redesign would be a bit too much to ask I suppose.

So did this hotfix do anything to fix the encounter again?

What you havent realised yet though.. Is how easy the boss actually became with the new timings.. Dont be so narrow minded.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    So did this hotfix do anything to fix the encounter again?
    Where do you see hotfix in "Server Restart"?
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

They could have ninjafixed something even for a 'restart', wouldn't be the first time

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    What you havent realised yet though.. Is how easy the boss actually became with the new timings.. Dont be so narrow minded.
    Don't be so narrow minded and assume every other raid group is as capable as CoE and Destiny. That should be quite obvious considering no new guilds have killed Ethram Fal in over 6 months. If the recent change makes the fight so easy, where are all the new kills since the last patch?

I know many hate nerfs, but come on, nobody wants to wait every few months while Funcom makes a slight tweak here and there. By the time the fight is adequately adjusted, there won't be any progression raiders still playing to kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Don't be so narrow minded and assume every other raid group is as capable as CoE and Destiny.
    I think what he means with 'narrow minded' is that you have to adapt your strategy to the new timings and not do things the same way as you practiced in the months before.

Not sure if you want to experiment yourself to adapt strats but I promise you the recent changes were a huge nerf.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast