Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ... 949555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 4.10 Consolidated feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    can someone confirm you cant reset trash???
    well, can't say anything to not violate some rules here - but: Shards at 30 gold per piece and increasing...

They also ninjafixed the bug where you wouldn't get bound to a solo instance when you would kill a boss when you while grouped (which people would use to solofarm a ton of rares).

And here we were complaining for 50something pages that FC never fixed stuff and only makes their game worse. They just fixed two 8 year old bugs!

silly us

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    They also ninjafixed the bug where you wouldn't get bound to a solo instance when you would kill a boss when you while grouped (which people would use to solofarm a ton of rares).
    I already posted that 3 pages back (557)... ^^

---

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    .... They just fixed two 8 year old bugs!
    just wondering, how old that ninja-rezz bug is, thus how long we still need to wait for it being fixed - if the target is 8 years...
    /sarcasm
    Last edited by Yorgomir; 14th June 2016 at 23:14.

On my premium account low level toons (ie level 5) have the ingame shop open when I log into them...this is a new feature of the revamped shop and very very unwelcomed. Deactivate it. I KNOW HOW TO OPEN THE INGAME SHOP if I want to....

Note: it always occurred to my level 5 various free to play account toons and I accepted it as the price I paid for not subscribing on those accounts but a perk of being premium on my other accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgomir View Post
    I guess the "silent" fixes that came with update 4.10 to disable farming of certain encounters (to obtain what is necessary to buy khitai epics) have been done to 'encourage' people who just wanted to speed up equipping their 27th alt to visit the shop now, correct?

didn't I read FC wanted to shorten the time until a new toon could join endgame content?
    - but yet they cut the (in-game) options to this, all that's left is to spend real money for gear not suitable for it... (with the exception of the guardian, maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    And this are not alle ninja updates^^. That is not new, no update notes or missing information.

But yeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhh...you are trying to help new players to be able to "contribute to higher raids faster". Not with those gameplay changes. Really really really not. Try again, this time without lies.
    what do you mean? that they fixed some exploit? and you're complaining about it? really?
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    what do you mean? that they fixed some exploit? and you're complaining about it? really?
    No, I did not complain about fixing exploits. I complained about giving uns no update notes. Should be a pretty big thing, fixing bugs that were ingame for years, no?

Or...perhaps it weren't bugs and exploits at all? I really wonder about the timing. If they were so easy to fix and known for years why do they fix them exactly the same time they start offering gear for real money? All they "fixed" after all was that people can no longer solo grind some rares for faster khitai gear, and that prices of shards will rise. Both "bugs" were hardly game breaking, but in fact compensating for a:grind and b: too low droprates and c: giving the "choice" of solo. They were ingame for years, but didn't hurt anyone. They oviously knew about them the whole time and CHOOSED NOT TO DO ANYTHING = no exploits.

This "fixes" fixed nothing, but slowed down two possible ways to gear up, you know, for aaaaaaall those newbies complaining they hav such a hard time catching up [klick here for item shop]. I come to the conclusion that it is safe to say that they lied about the reason why they sell power gear in the item shop. I repeat myself: If they only care about new players/toons catching up why take away two possibilities of gearing up faster?

On the other hand they showed that they know exactly what is going on in their game, and how easy it is to fix or workaround bugs. If they do not start fixing the real bugs now we will see what scams they are...Oh wait...allready there^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Feadara View Post
    No, I did not complain about fixing exploits. I complained about giving uns no update notes. Should be a pretty big thing, fixing bugs that were ingame for years, no?

Or...perhaps it weren't bugs and exploits at all? I really wonder about the timing. If they were so easy to fix and known for years why do they fix them exactly the same time they start offering gear for real money? All they "fixed" after all was that people can no longer solo grind some rares for faster khitai gear, and that prices of shards will rise. Both "bugs" were hardly game breaking, but in fact compensating for a:grind and b: too low droprates and c: giving the "choice" of solo. They were ingame for years, but didn't hurt anyone. They oviously knew about them the whole time and CHOOSED NOT TO DO ANYTHING = no exploits.

This "fixes" fixed nothing, but slowed down two possible ways to gear up, you know, for aaaaaaall those newbies complaining they hav such a hard time catching up [klick here for item shop]. I come to the conclusion that it is safe to say that they lied about the reason why they sell power gear in the item shop. I repeat myself: If they only care about new players/toons catching up why take away two possibilities of gearing up faster?.
    exactly, that is what I would have replied if Feadara hadn't been faster... (I am at work atm, so only limited access to forum)

one addendum:
    it wasn't an exploit in the first place, was it? - one still needed to kill the mobs/bosses in those instances after all
    - and exactly this was what I liked most there: experience only comes with practise! and doing one (rather hard) boss over and over again, possibly even with looking at how long one run took each time, was training at its best!
    finally, after some initial trouble (on a new toon), seeing that the time-per-run decreases, trying always to beat the former time, is pure motivation -- and this helps more towards mastering your toon than a new set of shiny armor ever could!
    and by far more than hitting a strayman that won't even hit back... (plus: how to learn about CC's if no need to use them - good luck beating that monkey on a fluffy mage without!)

what's next? "fix" House of Crom (20h cooldown per boss; I would not be suprised)

IF Funcom really wanted to speed up progression of new players, why not do so?
    -> lower the lockout cooldown!!
    - ALL group/solo dungeons to 30min or with the possibility to manually reset/unbind the instance; or don't bind in the first place
    - raid instances to 24 hours

ONLY that way the new players ever could gain the experience needed to sort-of catch-up with veterans...

seriously, they were exploits that made people get gear faster than normal. period.

and the hilarious thing is that after all the complaints about the fact that funcom started to sell power gear in the shop, now you try to defend an exploit that lets people have power gear faster that it would normally be allowed. and it's possibly even worst than to buy gear from the shop.

i'd hope that you are joking, because if you are serious... well...

EDIT

just to make it clear: i'm not defending funcom about the new item shop. it sucks.
    Last edited by Yawgmoth-VDN; 15th June 2016 at 14:42.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

seriously, they were exploits that made people get gear faster than normal. period.

and the hilarious thing is that after all the complaints about the fact that funcom started to sell power gear in the shop, now you try to defend an exploit that lets people have power gear faster that it would normally be allowed. and it's possibly even worst than to buy gear from the shop.

i'd hope that you are joking, because if you are serious... well...

EDIT

just to make it clear: i'm not defending funcom about the new item shop. it sucks.
    LOL, just lol

how long did you need to complete your first complete T3 set - if you ever got one?
    getting this now by just a click in the item-shop is FC exploiting their own rules (aka slow progression), is it not?

maybe that farming previously was breaking their rules of not-being-allowed to progress (gear-up) fast
    - but with the new items from item shop they have no arguments left for that so they "fixed" it...

One can as well say: It was no exploit. Period. End of discussion.