Page 40 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 4.10 Consolidated feedback thread

Oh, hey, they're preparing for a membership thing. And a thread with 38 pages in 2 days? Wow, maybe there's some good...

Ohhhhhhhkay then.

Also! Let me imagine being a giant whale for a second: I like Conan the Barbarian, I start playing this game, I pour hundreds of dollars into this dumb cash shop and buy myself these awesome high end items, I enter a raid and then... I have no idea what's going on here and the other players tell me I'm an incompetent idiot with no idea how to play (which is true but I don't know that since I'm a total scrub) and maybe kick me out of the raid. I sure got my money's worth there, din't I?

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    Well someone already claimed that they saw a just power leveled hox with a T5 chest.
    So they ARE there . Caches like that are simply disgusting and should be banished from every western MMO.
    if that were true I'm sure myself and others who are in my line of thinking would whole heartedly disagree with that....that would be P2W to the core

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    I am not sure I like that. I do not like it at all.
    I don't know about others, but I play the game because I enjoy playing it - not just to reach some mythical "end game" as quickly as possible. As other people have noted reach the "end game" quickly just means you tire of the game quicker - unless there is a steady stream of new content arriving, which we all know isn't happening for AoC.
    The road to level cap is an important and fun part of the game which should not be skipped.
    Level gain is quite fast as it is - one would have to skip significant parts of the game in order to not outlevel other parts it before one has even started playing them.
    Bonus XP will just mean we will speed past half the game while barely noticing it.

If you do start to give out bonus XP, then please also provide some means of temporarily slowing down or even stopping XP gains so we can level at a slower pace if we want. I want to do content on-level, not doing while I outlevel it by ten levels making it all trivial.

As regard other changes, I have yet to see any explanation for why the account-wide purchase option that was available for many items has been removed - especially inventory increases.
    Nor for why a great many cosmetic items have in effect had their prices raised substantially. Adding NEW items to the gilding vendor would have been fine. Great even. Moving existing items to the gilding vendor - not so great, unless we do indeed get many more ways of of obtaining the tokens.

Selling high-level gear in the store is NOT a good way of increasing the number of players who can join in raiding. Gear is just one thing needed for raiding - experience is another, especially important for the higher tiers.
    If you had made the early raid-tiers easier and increased chances of getting gear in them, that would have been a much better idea than this. Then people would have had an easier time obtaining both gear and experience, while still having to actually work a bit for it. Obtaining the gear from actually playing the game is much more satisfactory than just buying it could ever be.
    (This goes twice for buying instant level 80 characters - unless you require that the player already have a level character of that same class.)

In short - please roll back ALL the store changes, I much preferred the old one in each and every aspect.
    Not every bullet point on the membership benefits will be attractive to every member of the community. They were designed to appeal to the broadest audience possible. We certainly want you to be a member so if there is something specific you want let us know and we can see if we can provide it for you. If you don't find there is value in any of the bonuses or the loyalty rewards when we reveal those then you shouldn't pay for membership (the 12 month loyalty reward is pretty epic though!).

As for account wide purchases they were disabled to streamline the store as much as possible. The fewer clicks you need to press in the store the faster we can get you back to the game. Items in the store in the future will either be account wide or character specific, there won't be an ability to choose. Let us know if you want certain items to be account wide and we can make adjustments to new/current items if the data shows it is the right thing to do.

Concerning the gilding tokens you will get a certain amount each month as long as you log in. You'll also have a chance to get more from doing the daily challenges.
    Scott 'nophex' Junior
    Live Team Producer
    Funcom, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by slackjoint View Post
    Well someone already claimed that they saw a just power leveled hox with a T5 chest.
    So they ARE there . Caches like that are simply disgusting and should be banished from every western MMO.
    There will always be those with more money than sense that will buy stuff like that, even with what apparently is a fairly poor drop rate.

While I personally think the buying gear, etc is stupid as all hell and disagree with, I do believe people are overreacting a bit.

I doubt the server will be infested with an overwhelming number of instant 80 wonders decked out in full T5 gear.

Gotta admit though, this is the busiest these forums have been in years
    Last edited by Anzu; 10th June 2016 at 19:25.

Will there be any content that will be premium only ?
    Hungry Bear.
    Chamacappa - Happyshamie - Sekmheth - Oyako - Nexoxcho - and an other dozen of cripples !

Quote Originally Posted by nophex View Post
    The fewer clicks you need to press in the store the faster we can get you back to the game.
    And the more you can price gouge and **** people over too. The account wide inventory bag unlocks were good deals. But buying a new bag on every character for an insane amount of money is not a good deal. I will take 0 extra clicks, save $100+, and go account wide, thank you very much.

Let us know if you want certain items to be account wide and we can make adjustments to new/current items if the data shows it is the right thing to do.
    All Pets, Mounts, Vanity Gear and Inventory Upgrades should always be account wide.
    Last edited by tapwater; 10th June 2016 at 19:27.

Not every bullet point on the membership benefits will be attractive to every member of the community. They were designed to appeal to the broadest audience possible. We certainly want you to be a member so if there is something specific you want let us know and we can see if we can provide it for you. If you don't find there is value in any of the bonuses or the loyalty rewards when we reveal those then you shouldn't pay for membership (the 12 month loyalty reward is pretty epic though!).

As for account wide purchases they were disabled to streamline the store as much as possible. The fewer clicks you need to press in the store the faster we can get you back to the game. Items in the store in the future will either be account wide or character specific, there won't be an ability to choose. Let us know if you want certain items to be account wide and we can make adjustments to new/current items if the data shows it is the right thing to do.

Concerning the gilding tokens you will get a certain amount each month as long as you log in. You'll also have a chance to get more from doing the daily challenges.

all pets, bags, vanity items need to be acct wide..

Still need to DOWNCONVERT tokens. If you are going to sell T1-T2-T3 pets, who is doing to raid that? The token prices are crazy, yet the tokens you get take months to get pets. Vets like myself have 500+ T4 tokens and 200+ T5 tokens I can not do anything with.

also pets from random boxes need to be BOE so at least you can mail it to your alt to use it.

add in more pets! also add a way to convert from white pets we got ages ago to the equiv blue pet. for example, when i did silver atrium ages ago, i got a white pet. now its a blue pet.. the blue pet earns 2G in the arena and goes towards the achievement blue pet reward..
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    There will always be those with more money than sense that will buy stuff like that, even with what apparently is a fairly poor drop rate.

While I personally think the buying gear, etc is stupid as all hell and disagree with, I do believe people are overreacting a bit.

I doubt the server will be infested with an overwhelming number of instant 80 wonders decked out in full T5 gear.
    THere is a reason gambling is monopolized or illegal in many states too, because not only people with money will fall for these mechanics. And the easier (or "streamlined") it is to one-click purchase this, the worse it gets. The sub benefits and login boni might lessen this effect a bit or in worst case, they will be the "entry drug". Depends on how they actually revamp membership.

@nophex:

Basically any clothing sets should be available accountwide. After the change to allow players to choose i actually spent some money on this in the past. Never before out of reason and principle and if, only the very cheap ones. Since you moved all vanity to gilding dependance, there should be boxes of gilding tokens accountwide (or with a high enough number for low price to make it valueable to people with many alts). Prices should be compareable to old prices. The individual ones were ALWAYS too high, only the accountwide options made them considerable for buying at all.

Bags and convenience items as inventory expansions should be accountwide for existing and future chars per default.

Mounts should be accountwide as well. Gee, everything needs an accountwide options or be accountwide per default at these prices.

I do not like that you go for "either accountwide or individual", because it will not be to your advantage. There is equally demand for a cheap onechar only version of vanity items (and power items) as for accountwide claimable versions. The more accountwide stuff you offer, the more valueable and sellable your char slots will become too as will be the longterm motivation. Individual buy options are a good alternative for people with few chars and those rarely deleting them, wanting to boost a chosen few. So please, scrap the current policy and offer both.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 10th June 2016 at 19:38.

Let us know if you want certain items to be account wide and we can make adjustments to new/current items if the data shows it is the right thing to do.
    1. Bags. A must.
    2. To be honest: Everything else that gives permant bonusses, such as extra speccs, skill ranks, mounts, riding skills, rings. Paying real world money for every character is a bit of a stretch. Playing several characters, you get less value for your money (or have to pay more money to have access to the mount/item/whatever during the same time), so it would be fair to open all items to all characters. Subscription costs don't increase with the number of characters, either.
    Last edited by Khaletohep; 10th June 2016 at 19:37.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

(the 12 month loyalty reward is pretty epic though!).
    Is the loyalty scheme retroactive?